Autopsy Freo Torn A New One By The $wan$

Remove this Banner Ad

Ballas, Suban, Pearce are done. No more. That's all they can offer. We're rebuilding and none of them are required. Ross wants to offer games to loyal players, no. Time to be ruthless.

Suttclife and Sheridan also should be on notice. These players have done nothing more then just passengers, don't offer enough and hardly sighted.

The club owe the members and supporters an apology for that "effort" today.

No heart!
No passion!
No accountability!

I'm still wondering, did we actually turn up?

Having a supporter barrack for a player to fail because of a vendetta; I mean seriously, talk about a waste of bandwidth.

Tabs was one of our better players, Fyfe tried hard, DeLuca was alright but not much else was positive.

Just a shocking afternoon.

How often did Sydney kick to a pack inside 50? Hardly ever. They spread the defense and kick low to the advantage of a leading target.

Why is it so hard for us to understand this concept?

Because our game plan is a congested only game plan. We do not plan, train for or indeed desire outside activity.

That why we get beaten so badly by teams that play an outside game plan....and we never learn.

Of course, to play anything other than congested footy requires skills and we don't do skills

Because our game plan is a congested only game plan. We do not plan, train for or indeed desire outside activity.

That why we get beaten so badly by teams that play an outside game plan....and we never learn.

Of course, to play anything other than congested footy requires skills and we don't do skills

Probably true, given the likes of Pearce and Suban.

We lose a game by 17 goals and all I keep reading is Tabs should of been playing all year, thanks for fixing out fwd line Tabs ,one of our lowest scores of the year.

Our Fwd lne has worked pretty well the three games before today, lets not carry on like Tabs was some sort of messiah today.

I'd say your definition of 'worked pretty well' is a little different to the one in the dictionary but hey carry on with your 'don't like Tabs rant some more' :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we fixed our clearances up it cleans up the rest of the field.

Connor Blakely is that mid.

To fix our midfield requires a little more. It requires the development and application of an outside as well as an inside game plan. that requires skills development and that will require replacing the gritty soldier types with players who have good speed, good decision making and good skill by hand and foot.

We are well back from there

If we fixed our clearances up it cleans up the rest of the field.

Connor Blakely is that mid.
Nah, the other midielders need more accountability defensively

We play line a team expecting a 130-120 point game shootout at times

Neale didn't bounce back like a leader either when challenged by Ross, just sulked the game out

I don't think we learnt anything from that game. Our midfield was arguably the worst it has been all year - inexcusable and they had better respond next week. Hard to judge our defence too harshly given the complete lack of pressure around the ground. Forward line is still rubbish regardless who is in it - most disappointed in a complete lack of forward pressure by all our forwards. Ok game back from Tabs but he still only had 3 score involvements (ie his 3 shots on goal - 6 of our players had more including Cox, McCarthy and Ballas). We're clearly not leveraging his 5 contested marks well enough to produce scores from them. Deserves to play the year out though as he was the only forward working hard enough.

We lose a game by 17 goals and all I keep reading is Tabs should of been playing all year, thanks for fixing out fwd line Tabs ,one of our lowest scores of the year.

Our Fwd lne has worked pretty well the three games before today, lets not carry on like Tabs was some sort of messiah today.
Tabs aint our messiah RTB is

I'd say your definition of 'worked pretty well' is a little different to the one in the dictionary but hey carry on with your 'don't like Tabs rant some more' :rolleyes:

How many goals did we kick today with Carey like Taberner playing I keep hearing how badly we need him and his presence up Fwd are you saying our fwd line performed better with Tabs in the side today lol.

The club owe the members and supporters an apology for that "effort" today.

No heart!
No passion!
No accountability!

I'm still wondering, did we actually turn up?

Having a supporter barrack for a player to fail because of a vendetta; I mean seriously, talk about a waste of bandwidth.

Tabs was one of our better players, Fyfe tried hard, DeLuca was alright but not much else was positive.

Just a shocking afternoon.
Agree but who is going to apologize? Alcock?Lyon? Rosich?

To fix our midfield requires a little more. It requires the development and application of an outside as well as an inside game plan. that requires skills development and that will require replacing the gritty soldier types with players who have good speed, good decision making and good skill by hand and foot.

We are well back from there

Can't defend Ross for today's effort, but re foot soliders - he doesn't really have much of a choice atm. Langdon, Blakely and Walters are all injured. Balic is gone, Bennell isn't ready. Who else does he play?

You're right that we're well back, but only good drafting and trading over the next two years is going to solve that and reduce our reliance on Suban, Pearce, Sutcliffe etc when the injuries start to mount up. The problem today mostly stemmed from our midfield's refusal to work hard and the return of some shocking kicking into the forward 50. It's no coincidence that our forward line functions when our mids get on top.

There was no discernible game plan today because Sydney had the ball in their hands for 75% of the game.

As others have alluded to it really shows the failings of our game plan which is based around numbers at the contest and winning contested ball. When we don't win that contested ball we're getting cut apart by opposition mids who remain on the outside for the receive. This is the main reason we're getting blown out in games where our midfield isn't on top.

It's happened about 5 times this year now, it isn't an isolated incident. We've been competitive in games when our midfield has been on top, but we've been completely blown away in games where we haven't won the midfield battle.

Sorry to quote you a second time. Having a look at the stats really tells the picture, and you are spot on.

Sydney took 125 marks, but only 17 contested, which means to me they must have taken uncontested marks the for the other 108.
Fremantle took 75 marks with 10 contested (of which Tabs had half). So only 65 uncontested.

Our tactic of playing contested footy is fundamentally wrong against a team like Sydney. They just cut us to ribbons with their open outside game style.

Agree but who is going to apologize? Alcock?Lyon? Rosich?

Lyon can apologise because he put the team out onto that field today.

Rosich can apologise because he's guilty by association.

Alcock can apologise because right now we need some leadership somewhere.

Will be interesting to see how some of the more senior players respond to that.

MJ was off the boil all day, Ballas lacked all the defensive effort and pressure that he brought last week and against GWS, and Neale played his worst game in 4 years.
Neale in particular looked disinterested and lacked effort, which is most unlike him.

Tackling seems to have become a lost art for us...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back