Autopsy Freo Torn A New One By The $wan$

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet we beat them, have won 3 more games than them, beat Richmond, and Melbourne, as well as pushed GWS and Geelong, with a long injury list to key players and 0 number one draft picks to their 4.
We have also played some very good football at times

I just wonder what people are expecting of Lyon? We've won four more games than last year.

We play a very inexperienced team with some journeymen and get whacked.
We have another 10 players that need to go.

We have a lot of talent on the pine that isn't playing for various reasons.
Lyon comes out last year and says this is a 4 year rebuild and BigFooty experts proclaim "Tosh! This can be done quicker!"

There is still a lot of water to under this rebuild bridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with your comments but whenever you are this pathetic from the first minute you invite in all the negative comments. It was horrid and cannot be accepted by anyone at the club, they need to respond next weekend.

Personally I think we will see a much better performance especially after Hardie's comments.

Maybe I'm being stupidly optimistic but I'm viewing this as part of the development of our younger players. I'm not suggesting that you want to get smashed by 100 points but there's always the chance that it can happen when a fair percentage of your team is relatively inexperienced.

Quite a few of the experienced guys that played (MJ, Pearce, Ballas, Mundy, Suban) are past their best and are at most one year away from retirement. Have a look through yesterdays list and you'll see Logue, Darcy, Weller, Hughes, Tucker, Hamling, McCarthy, Cox, Ryan, Deluca - that's ten guys that would be lucky to have 150 games experience between them.

So yeah I hate losing but we are getting games into young guys and they all look like they have futures. Things are rarely as good or as bad as they seem.

The lazy effort by senior blokes was more of a concern to me than anything any of the youngsters did.
I agree there's room for optimism with the look of the young cattle coming through and you'd hope shellackings can be used to aid development.Lyon always maintains 'failure's feedback' so there's certainly plenty of feedback.
Just got to keep nailing the draft and trades.

Maybe he thought we were no chance of beating Sydney on their home deck and didn't turn up mentally ready to play. Next week is farewell to Subi and the following week ... and blah. Just tired and not motivated to get up.

Maybe he thought we were no chance of beating Sydney on their home deck and didn't turn up mentally ready to play. Next week is farewell to Subi and the following week ... and blah. Just tired and not motivated to get up.

Lyon said he was "sore".

Given he busted his arse week in week out last year when we were getting trounced, I can't imagine he would ever throw in the towel.

I know at least two of the emergencies travelled. Did all three as none played for Peel? That is very unusual if they did. Suggests some players may been under a cloud and could explain some things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a poor game, move on. It is going to happen at the tail end of a season and we are out of finals contention.

Start concentrating on the draft/trade period and you will all feel better. 2018 cannot come quick enough.

Very hard to predicted what going on to some players mind in the team , especially those whose contract expired this year. Do they go hard like Barlow and get Injured or avoid injuries not going 100%. End of the day, injuries might be the deciding factor for their contract extension .

Last edited:
Seems like we're still trying to find a first team and a style. Young teams tend to fall away pretty hard in the back end of seasons though. Still was an alarming loss. Teams shouldn't be losing by that much anymore in an equal comp.

Any side that brings good pressure, and kicks the ball well to a functioning forward line hurts us.

The same result happened vs GWS, Adelaide, Port, Sydney, and a few other teams, and all of them were big losses

We need to find a plan to cope with the pressure, and improve our pressure to make it harder for sides to kick through us.

Probably the worst thing to happen for Richmond was that we are called out for a lack of effort the game before we play them at home.

What should have been a penciled in win could cost them a brownlow medal now through frustration and a very tight finish.

And that's the best case scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back