Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Best to leave our first game behind us and be grateful that we didn't get any injuries when giving a half hearted performance.

We clearly are anything but a smooth operation at the moment so it is going to be important to get as many games into our best young players as soon as possible.

Suggested changes for the Pies.

Out - Griff ( Really does not offer anything even as the ruck )
Suban ( What was it? 3 kicks and 3 clangers? Impressive! )
Sheridan ( Trying to look like Fyfe, plays like the exact opposite!)
Taberner ( Horrible, just horrible. Really should be doing So much better with his size and running ability. )

In - Sandilands ( No explanation necessary )
Logue ( We need to fill the role that Ibbo used to do so well )
Ryan ( May not be 100% fit but we need all the skill that we can get into the team ASAP )
Collins ( We clearly needed more muscle in the backline yesterday and he can bring it. )

Interested to hear what everyone else thinks.

P.S. I already had my say on the Meltdown page. ;-) .

Well Ross has said:

Sandi and Neale to come in,
Fielding a strong team, &
Performance based cuts.

Our gross under performers (imo) were Tabs, Suban, Sheridan and Hamling. Hamling probably has a few credits yet, the others are in debt. Pretty sure Tabs will make way (I really wanted him to take this season by the scruff of the neck). We were too tall up front anyway.

Wouldn't mind Logue to come in but Ross is pretty sold on his 'Apprenticeship' phase so may not.

May have to see how training goes this week.

I have to agree with Mike. Preseason isn't about dropping someone who did not have a great game, and especially an emerging player in a position we are very unsettled in. Better to take the long view. Having said that, he is not in my ideal forward line, which has Mccarthy, Apeness and Kersten. None of them locked in, which is why we should be playing all 3 plus Taberner in the preseason to find the best combination.

And in perspective, the midfield was the biggest problem.

They certainly allowed the Weagles an expressway into their forward line yesterday. It could have not been easier for Kennedy and co. They were so bad they even managed to make Jetta, Masten and Le Crap look good.
Is there something wrong with Mundy? He was awful yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think you can be too critical of the forwards yesterday. We couldn't get our hands on the ball and when we did we fumbled, ending up kicking some flour bag into the forward line like last year, due to west coasts immense pressure. I really was hoping we'd fix up our forward entries this season, west coast did it perfectly. For now ill put it down to our 1st hit out of the season against a strong west coast team who played last week. Hopefully we can see some improvement across the board and i think sandi and neale will really add to that.

Eagles where smashed by 100 points in their first up game last pre season and Freo won by 60 points. Puts a little perspective on the results of a practise game.
Freo had 3 players coming of a 12 month break and in desperate need of game time and 4 players first up in a new team. The Eagles won their last practise game by plenty and went on to a pretty good season. Freo got gradually worse even though they won the 3 games and went on to a shocker season. The Carlton game will be the time for membership burning if we haven't improved.

Well Ross has said:

Sandi and Neale to come in,
Fielding a strong team, &
Performance based cuts.

Our gross under performers (imo) were Tabs, Suban, Sheridan and Hamling. Hamling probably has a few credits yet, the others are in debt. Pretty sure Tabs will make way (I really wanted him to take this season by the scruff of the neck). We were too tall up front anyway.

Wouldn't mind Logue to come in but Ross is pretty sold on his 'Apprenticeship' phase so may not.

May have to see how training goes this week.

Lol, Hamling? JJK is impossible to stop on the lead when there is that much space to lead into and great midfield supply from the centre of the field.

Ibbo, Griffin, Sutcliffe, D Pearce, etc on the cutting block well before him.

Griffin was utterly useless. Misread the ball on so many occasions.

I don't think we'll make many changes at all. Can't judge too much based off what is essentially a scratch match. Sandilands and Neale are in, whilst from the rest of the group I only really see Hughes as a realistic option at this point in time. The extended squad will probably just see Cox and Darcy replaced by Sandilands and Neale. Not sure who we'd drop from that squad tbh although Collins despite being more than capable is behind a couple of our other KPDs.

That squad is realistically what we'd be picking our round one side off with Bennell and AP to come in when ready and few youngsters that could improve throughout the season to push for games.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol, Hamling? JJK is impossible to stop on the lead when there is that much space to lead into and great midfield supply from the centre of the field.

Yeah our talls weren't taking any relieving marks.

I see a few people mentioning Tucker in a positive way.

I thought he was completely anonymous. Did he not play much?

I want to see a more competitive midfield next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamling is doing OK after the pizza incident. The mid and halfback got a lot to blame. Waste of time playing Johnson and ibbo . didn't see intercepted mark much at all .

They certainly allowed the Weagles an expressway into their forward line yesterday. It could have not been easier for Kennedy and co. They were so bad they even managed to make Jetta, Masten and Le Crap look good.
Is there something wrong with Mundy? He was awful yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mundy struggles in the heat, always has

I don't think we'll make many changes at all. Can't judge too much based off what is essentially a scratch match. Sandilands and Neale are in, whilst from the rest of the group I only really see Hughes as a realistic option at this point in time. The extended squad will probably just see Cox and Darcy replaced by Sandilands and Neale. Not sure who we'd drop from that squad tbh although Collins despite being more than capable is behind a couple of our other KPDs.

That squad is realistically what we'd be picking our round one side off with Bennell and AP to come in when ready and few youngsters that could improve throughout the season to push for games.

I really hope to see more of Darcy, was really impressed with his brief cameo..

That's is a great summation of where we are at and what is going to happen.

I don't think we'll make many changes at all.
Ross was pretty clear he thought the problem was work rate and intensity. Do you reward sub par effort with no changes? If competition is fierce for those last 6 or so spots in the B22 then surely you should send a pretty clear message in pre-season? We need to get game time in to our top tier coming back off long breaks plus our new recruits learning the new game plan but the rest should be earning their spot every game (including JLT) imo.

Ross was pretty clear he thought the problem was work rate and intensity. Do you reward sub par effort with no changes? If competition is fierce for those last 6 or so spots in the B22 then surely you should send a pretty clear message in pre-season? We need to get game time in to our top tier coming back off long breaks plus our new recruits learning the new game plan but the rest should be earning their spot every game (including JLT) imo.

Sure but I think we won't see it until 90 minutes before the bounce at Rushton. There's not exactly too many others that'll realistically get early games on the list. They've said Logue has a bit of work to do, Balic looks similar, as does Ryan. Can't change our plan too much based off a scratch match.

Hamling basically nullified Kennedy in the final at Subi. Just saying

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sure but I think we won't see it until 90 minutes before the bounce at Rushton. There's not exactly too many others that'll realistically get early games on the list. They've said Logue has a bit of work to do, Balic looks similar, as does Ryan. Can't change our plan too much based off a scratch match.
Yeah but I'd still rather any of those three than a guy that's been on the list 8 years and racks up more clangers than possessions in a JLT match (ie less pressure than regular season). I'm not worried about the team based on that one performance but I'd be pretty furious with a handful if I was the coach. It's one thing to be under-done, it's another not to put in the work when you are getting paid very good money to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back