Game Day Freo v Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't at the game so Ill have no problems with any corrections from anyone who was:
It seemed Blakely played predominately half forward and Tucker predominately defence with Brad Hill and Mundy spending time half forward when not midfield. Is that right? All four of this moves are new.
The midfielder going to half forward role. That never gets old. Ala Barlow, De Boer, Crowley.
Mundy is actually tall for a midfielder (think same height as Pav). So him up forward makes sense. He's wasted at half back and isn't used to the intensity down there at times

What's the rule on the countdown clock for shots after the siren? Ed took much longer than the allowed 30 seconds. Technically should the game have ended in a Collingwood win because he should have been called to play on after 30 seconds.
He marked it with 14 secs remaining, once the siren goes the 30 secs rule doesn't apply.

The midfielder going to half forward role. That never gets old. Ala Barlow, De Boer, Crowley.
Mundy is actually tall for a midfielder (think same height as Pav). So him up forward makes sense. He's wasted at half back and isn't used to the intensity down there at times
Wasn't Mundy initially recruited as a CHB?

A.pearce forward role I am 100% agree . ibbo role can be replace by logue. If thing not working can always exchange role . Having Tab just too static if thing don't work in a match .

I wasn't at the game so Ill have no problems with any corrections from anyone who was:
It seemed Blakely played predominately half forward and Tucker predominately defence with Brad Hill and Mundy spending time half forward when not midfield. Is that right? All four of this moves are new.

Tucker was on the wing for a lot of the bounces.

What game were you watching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The game where he struggled to pick up the ball in the first qtr.

The guy is a crab and not part of the future.

Are we forgetting he tried to a move to the Eagles?

A.pearce forward role I am 100% agree . ibbo role can be replace by logue. If thing not working can always exchange role . Having Tab just too static if thing don't work in a match .
Didn't you hear the news this morning? Ross said that Logue is not good enough and will never play for Freo.

What's the rule on the countdown clock for shots after the siren? Ed took much longer than the allowed 30 seconds. Technically should the game have ended in a Collingwood win because he should have been called to play on after 30 seconds.

Any umpire that called that should be hung drawn and quartered.

Must say I was impressed with B.Hill.

The guy looks super fit compared to the other players and more importantly likes to move the ball forward.

I was skeptical about the move but if he can reproduce this form in the season he will end up better recruit than Bennell who I don't see playing every game.

So what ? He is on our list and playing well , you only look at negative. If he keep playing well I will definitely wept the move away from my memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He dropped one ball and one mark.

Other than that he was great.
Used the ball well, snapped a goal that should've been paid, chased and worked his arse off
Pull your head out of your arse

Must say I was impressed with B.Hill.

The guy looks super fit compared to the other players and more importantly likes to move the ball forward.

I was skeptical about the move but if he can reproduce this form in the season he will end up better recruit than Bennell who I don't see playing every game.

He's already a better recruit than Bennell.

Interesting to see Hilly at a few more centre bounces. His inside game has improved a lot and allows us the flexibility to play one of Langdon or Tucker on a wing and/or allows Monday to drop back as a loose man in defence. Also impressed that he had 6 tackles. So glad we picked him ahead of one trick pony Rich

He dropped one ball and one mark.

Other than that he was great.
Used the ball well, snapped a goal that should've been paid, chased and worked his arse off
Pull your head out of your arse

I didn't think he was that great either, and he's not usually one of my scape goats. Took a lot of wrong options on top of the fumbles. That effort in Q4 to go from his own wing to CHB was a case in point - Mundy tidied up however. Did a lot right though in pressuring the opposition and taking his half chances.

Billy was best on for me. Just feel confident when he has it in hand (unlike DP). If can we get Bennell in there to, we'll really be moving forward on the ball use front.

Loved that presser

- Ross really put an emphasis on how well the young boys are developing (also mentioned Ed could be playing round 1) and the demogrphic of our list
- that he expects Fyfe, Neale and Hilly to be around for the next four years
- the experienced guys only 'contributed'
- his eyes lit up re: Harley Bennell
- Sandi's value could increase from the third man up rule and his ability to play forward

Not sure if it was expectation/job security management but he really emphasised the next four years. I read that that's when we can expect to be contending. "Except for Billy, none of the recruits have played more than 40 games."

Didn't you hear the news this morning? Ross said that Logue is not good enough and will never play for Freo.
Another first round failure :'( . freo just not so good at picking first round pick.

I think after the siren you can take as long as you like..

You are correct. After the siren you have unlimited time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back