Game Day Freo v WCE - Preseason Game 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we can all agree on the players that wont be on the list in four years, even next year we would
all have an opinion.
My opinion is that D Pearce, Balla, Johnson, Suban. Ibbo, Dawson, are close to their use by date, and
hoping Sandi has another two.
All of the above players spots should have replacements developing, otherwise 2018 we start from scratch
again.
The Boss has stated we are rebuilding?

D Pearce > Brad Hill
Johnson > Logue
Suban > Hm not really sure I want to find another slow one-dimensional player again
Ibbotson > Hamling
Dawson > A Pearce
Sandi > Darcy

Ballantyne > ???
I think Richmond have been snapping up all the small forwards lately. Hopefully we're in the market for one over the next few drafts considering Crozier never came on

D Pearce > Brad Hill
Johnson > Logue
Suban > Hm not really sure I want to find another slow one-dimensional player again
Ibbotson > Hamling
Dawson > A Pearce
Sandi > Darcy

Ballantyne > ???
I think Richmond have been snapping up all the small forwards lately. Hopefully we're in the market for one over the next few drafts considering Crozier never came on
Have a quiet word with Liam Ryan and tell him to work up his fitness and if he has a good year with Subi, we'll have a good look at him in the draft. Brandon Matera is a WA boy out of contract at the end of the season; would fit our recruiting strategy.

D Pearce > Brad Hill
Johnson > Logue
Ibbotson > Hamling
Dawson > A Pearce
Sandi > Darcy

Ballantyne > ???

Please use -> instead of just >

I see ibbo being replaced by Ethan Hughes more than Hamling. Unfortunately I think he has a bit of the same train track tendencies as Ibbo, a great mark but not the best evasiveness and creativity by hand and foot. I hope I am wrong and he can develop his game enough.

I see ibbo being replaced by Ethan Hughes more than Hamling. Unfortunately I think he has a bit of the same train track tendencies as Ibbo, a great mark but not the best evasiveness and creativity by hand and foot. I hope I am wrong and he can develop his game enough.

Definitely wrong about his evasiveness IMO, but agree on everything else.

Our backline replacements are well and truly on schedule.

Yes and no. Ready to play AFL footy for a developing side maybe but they aren't going to be the quality of McPharlin, Johnson, Duffield, Spurr, Ibbotson, Dawson (as a group, talking all 2013-2014 versions btw) were straight away. It'll take 3-4 years for them to reach that level. This year will be about working out which ones will get there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back