Game Day Freo v Western Bulldogs, Sunday 20 September, 6:10pm, Cazaly Stadium, Cairns

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m late to the party on this, but just noticing that if we get in we’ll play Geelong 😁

Not sure I'll subject myself to watching this, think it'll be like the pies/Suns match earlier this week, might be a contest for a part of the game, but the dogs will kick away towards the end.

Will be truly comical if Freo do get up and we make finals though.

Not sure I'll subject myself to watching this, think it'll be like the pies/Suns match earlier this week, might be a contest for a part of the game, but the dogs will kick away towards the end.

Will be truly comical if Freo do get up and we make finals though.

I definitely won't be tuning in. Will just periodically check the scores while trying not to throw my phone across the room every time I do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah Geelong play Sydney today, which they'll almost definitely win, so even worse, we'll play West Coast ... In Perth ...

Ahhhh. Totally forgot this sport awards 4 points for a win. What’s the deal with that anyway? Did a draw used to be 1 point or something?

Ahhhh. Totally forgot this sport awards 4 points for a win. What’s the deal with that anyway? Did a draw used to be 1 point or something?
No idea to be honest ... whoever made the decision hates odd numbers?

It's been 4pts for a win, 2 pts for a draw for as long as I remember.

Will the venue play a part today? We obviously didn't handle the heat, wind and the dewy conditions. In fact, unless the weather is perfect we tend to struggle with a change in conditions. Freo have played up there and did ok. I do expect Dogs to get it done and a big part of me would prefer they made it over us, but It will be interesting to see if they handle the conditions or not. Weird timeslot as well. I have no doubt WCE will much prefer they play us first week of the finals than the Dogs.

Not gonna lie, slightly terrified of possibly playing West Coast in Perth.

I still haven't put that trauma behind me :oops:
At least we have a fairly decent backline now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back