Game Day Freo v Western Bulldogs, Sunday 20 September, 6:10pm, Cazaly Stadium, Cairns

Remove this Banner Ad

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
To be honest I didn't really want to play finals anyway.

Covid asterisk, hubs, no home games.

🙊

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
To be honest we would have been the worse team since Essendon in 2017 to make the finals. The bulldogs vs saints should be a cracking final.
They also have more of a chance against West Coast, if the Pies get up. Us v the Eagles would’ve likely been lolzapaloosa mk II = three goalless quarters.

Oct 5, 2004
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Go back 2 weeks, Dogs v Eagles and that score review with misaligned cameras on the post that won the game for the Dogs. The line is at the back of the padding. I could see no way part of the ball could not have been on the line.

Possibly cost the Dees a spot in the 8 and Eagles top 4. AFL need to get s**t like that right as it can cost seasons.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Go back 2 weeks, Dogs v Eagles and that score review with misaligned cameras on the post that won the game for the Dogs. The line is at the back of the padding. I could see no way part of the ball could not have been on the line.

Possibly cost the Dees a spot in the 8 and Eagles top 4. AFL need to get sh*t like that right as it can cost seasons.
Appreciate the sentiments, but garden variety AFL incompetence is always a factor in any season. We got home over the Saints in similarly controversial circumstances. Swings and roundabouts. The best way to counter it is to be a good side.

We blew it in Cairns and only fell over the line against your mob and the Dons after failing to shut the gate. We lost comprehensively to the Dogs. We got what we deserved.

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

Possibly cost the Dees a spot in the 8 and Eagles top 4. AFL need to get sh*t like that right as it can cost seasons.
Lost to swans and dockers 2 weeks in a row that’s what cost finals, that and the worst coach in the league

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Appreciate the sentiments, but garden variety AFL incompetence is always a factor in any season. We got home over the Saints in similarly controversial circumstances. Swings and roundabouts. The best way to counter it is to be a good side.

We blew it in Cairns and only fell over the line against your mob and the Dons after failing to shut the gate. We lost comprehensively to the Dogs. We got what we deserved.
You watching the Rangers Johnny?

JSincsThighGap

Debutant
Jun 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda

I guess that was karma for the non review of the possibly touched petracca goal?
Perfectly balanced

Major Colvin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Didnt bother watching this, just checked for updates my phone. Always struggling if we're relying on Freo to get us through. Had we beaten them we would have progressed easily - clearly not good enough though. The Doggies are a better team than us atm as witnessed when they trounced us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Feck. Forgot. Oh well, would've been the perfect ending to a grand weekend. :drunk::poo:

Similarly I would like to thank the Demons for their contribution to my completely shitty Sunday (which is still today here, unlike for you crazy Aussies who refuse to rightfully adopt Eastern Standard Time for some reason!!).

- Wake up at 4am to see the Bulldogs ruin our finals hopes.
- Chelsea get bent over by those aholes from Liverpool (* you stinger!!!)
- The one true Eagles team were embarrassed in their home opener against the Rams
- The Eagles most hated rival (sorry CWaffles we also really hate your squad, I promise) won with an epic comeback in rather improbable circumstances
- The Phillies lost in the closing days of the season while in a tight race to make the playoffs (finals)
- And my son’s youth soccer team got worked over 5-0

Listen. I know the Dees actually won their game this week. But I can’t help but feel their aura had some hand in all of this misery.

Last edited:

Euku

All Australian
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

the fact you say misaligned cameras goes to show right call was made umpires call was a goal, from my view there was 2 angles shown one there was space between ball and post (you can't assume where the padding on the post is or isn't) and the second view looked touched , inconclusive evidence, goal line reviews are not exact science anyway 2d image of a 3d world can skew views without long mathematical equations trigonometry which ain't happening goal line reviews will get calls wrong/inconclusive that's why it goes to umpires call , you win some you lose some, like they say in the UFC/boxing take the decision out of the judges/umpires hands and knock them out

Sad to miss the finals and sad it unfolded that way, but at least it wasn't a nailbiting loss.

Anyway. Two words to ease my pain. Gareth Bale.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
I guess that was karma for the non review of the possibly touched petracca goal?
Perfectly balanced

I mean it was reviewed but they didn't have the correct cameras available, and even if it was supposedly touched it was a mark that wasn't paid in the first place.

Similarly I would like to thank the Demons for their contribution to my completely shitty Sunday (which is still today here, unlike for you crazy Aussies who refuse to rightfully adopt Eastern Standard Time for some reason!!).

- Chelsea get bent over by those aholes from Liverpool (fu** you stinger!!!)
- The one true Eagles team were embarrassed in their home opener against the Rams
- The Eagles most hated rival (sorry CWaffles we also really hate your squad, I promise) won with an epic comeback in rather improbable circumstances
- The Phillies lost in the closing days of the season while in a tight race to make the playoffs (finals)

Listen. I know the Dees actually won their game this week. But I can’t help but feel their aura had some hand in all of this misery.

Can do worse though! This was my 15 to 19 May last year:

15/17/19 May - Blazers lost the 1st 3 games of the western conference finals to the Warriors, having led for a a large majority of games 2 and 3.
15 May - Leeds United lost their championship playoff match against Derby County, having led on the first leg as well as been top of the table for much of the season.
17 May - last time I saw the Dees live - led most of the game only to get overrun by West Coast, 13.7 85 to 9.15 69.
18 May - Subiaco (my team in the West Australian Football League) lost their only match for the season and broke around a 30 match winning streak - it's at that point I knew it was going to be a shocker of a weekend.
18 May - we elected a happy clapper for a prime minister.
19 May - Perth Glory (local soccer team) played off in the A League final. Given everything else that happened, I backed the opposition and got the cost of my ticket to the game back. Good thing too as it was 0-0 after 120 minutes and they lost 4-1 on penalties. Pretty disappointing for the 56,000 or so in attendance.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Can do worse though! This was my 15 to 19 May last year:

15/17/19 May - Blazers lost the 1st 3 games of the western conference finals to the Warriors, having led for a a large majority of games 2 and 3.
15 May - Leeds United lost their championship playoff match against Derby County, having led on the first leg as well as been top of the table for much of the season.
17 May - last time I saw the Dees live - led most of the game only to get overrun by West Coast, 13.7 85 to 9.15 69.
18 May - Subiaco (my team in the West Australian Football League) lost their only match for the season and broke around a 30 match winning streak - it's at that point I knew it was going to be a shocker of a weekend.
18 May - we elected a happy clapper for a prime minister.
19 May - Perth Glory (local soccer team) played off in the A League final. Given everything else that happened, I backed the opposition and got the cost of my ticket to the game back. Good thing too as it was 0-0 after 120 minutes and they lost 4-1 on penalties. Pretty disappointing for the 56,000 or so in attendance.

Pretty rough few days mate. But I just want to emphasize this was all in one day!

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos

How good was Goff though! The Rams are BACK

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
How good was Goff though! The Rams are BACK

The only good thing about yesterday was that I missed most of the Eagles/Rams game because of my son’s soccer game. I was listening to it but it only had half of my attention. But definitely kudos to the Rams. That’s as thorough an ass beating as we have suffered at home in a while.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants

I was going to say, surely you hate us as much as the cowgirls.

Difference is we suck and will continue to suck all season.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

The Cowboys and Giants are the top 2 for 99% of eagles fans. Which team you hate more is determined by your age. I’m old 😔

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

Probably worth adding that NFL Films has Eagles/Giants as the league’s best rivalry. Eagles/Cowboys is only 9th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back