Roast Freo vs Not to be trusted

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought that our back 18 did a terrific job to hold Fremantle's front 6 to 8 goals. This is on those blades of grass masquerading as forwards :rolleyes:

Well, we play low scoring unattractive and unskillful football, that will not bring new members or renewals or people through the gates, let alone the current crop.

So something better change, before the club is forced too, by a large drop off by the supporter base.

Wasn't top four this year's pass mark? If so, the year is unlikely to be a pass. If it was only top eight then it is no surprise we are underachieving.

To be honest I'm not really sure. We're winning and we're losing and that happens.

Wasn't top four this year's pass mark? If so, the year is unlikely to be a pass. If it was only top eight then it is no surprise we are underachieving.
We are a mid ladder side that can survive with out AFL assistance, we have 60,000 + members. Makes you wonder if Ken in the AFL's eyes is seen as a pass. Job done Ken.

Jeez wines last 2 weeks have been pathetic. I honestly thought he was past this point of his career. Very disappointed after we gave him a 4 year extension
Was fantastic in the prime time games leading up to signing his new contract & has been bog average since, the gap between his best and worst has always been a problem.

Should've been an AA by now but then I worry that our system neuters talent

Fremantle's Ryan Nyhuis has been sent directly to the AFL Tribunal for this tackle on Robbie Gray.

Watching that again, how can it not be graded intentional? Nyhuis intended to slam Gray into the turf and that's what he did.

I assume if you punch a player that's intentional, not whether you knocked him out. This is no different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Making top 4 and competing in a prelim was my pass mark. Could still happen although I think it will take a more attacking mindset than we have seen year to date.

With our tall "forwards" destined to be rotating through the ruck for the rest of the minor season, and our key attacking forward injured, it's difficult to see where the points are going to come from. I think we'll see a month of games where keeping the opposition to eight goals will be seen as a "win".

Watching that again, how can it not be graded intentional? Nyhuis intended to slam Gray into the turf and that's what he did.

I assume if you punch a player that's intentional, not whether you knocked him out. This is no different.

Well out of bounds too. So much for duty of care.

Title of this thread annoys me too.

Bigfoott pre Port vs Richmond: "We're no better than last year. We don't beat good teams. We can't be trusted". Port win.

Bigfooty pre Port vs WB: "We're bound to have a letdown after last week's win. We can't be trusted." Port win.

Bigfooty pre Port vs Melbourne: "Richmond was a fluke, Melbourne will get over us here. We can't be trusted." Port win.

Bigfooty pre Port vs Carlton: "We lost to them a couple of years ago. This is a real danger game for us. We can't be trusted." Port win.

Bigfooty pre Port vs St Kilda: "We only just got over Carlton last week. This is a danger game for us. We can't be trusted." Port win.

Bigfooty pre Port vs Freo: "This is another danger game for us. We can't be trusted." Port lose. Bigfooty: "See I told you we couldn't be trusted!"
Thread title is perfect and if you cannot see it then you have most certainly gone full janus. Never go full janus. If you think after the last 3 years you can trust this team every week then have i got a nigerian Prince deal for you.

Thread title is perfect and if you cannot see it then you have most certainly gone full janus. Never go full janus. If you think after the last 3 years you can trust this team every week then have i got a nigerian Prince deal for you.

I don't think you can trust any team every week. No team in the league has better than a 3-to-1 win/loss ratio.

Ok still burning about this one but you know what * it.

Forget this weekend ever happened. Find a way to beat GWS next week and we are right back on track.

Playing 20 vs 22 on a ground we've never won at, with Amon in our list was always going to be tough. LT having an absolute shocker didn't help.

Don't worry, Ross Lyon reckons it wasn't intentional. This Nyhuis nobody must be oblivious to the existence of gravity or something, maybe he thought they'd just float in the air as he totally immobilised Robbie's arms and then turned his head towards the ground.

Haven't been this salty and pissed off after a Port game in many years. Had to chuckle when I got a text from the club saying my last membership payment was coming out of my credit card today. Had intended to stay in Adelaide this upcoming weekend to be at the GWS game on Sunday but instead I've booked flights back home to Melbourne.

Don't worry, Ross Lyon reckons it wasn't intentional. This Nyhuis nobody must be oblivious to the existence of gravity or something, maybe he thought they'd just float in the air as he totally immobilised Robbie's arms and then turned his head towards the ground.

The laws of gravity. The laws of harassment. None of these treat Ross fairly.

If it weren't for the injuries, there would be a glimmer of hope that we played a shocker in the wet trying to play dry and would bounce back (but if we weren't down to 20 players, and 19 for a while when Bonner/Wines spent time off we probably would have won). But with Dixon/Hoff in the ruck and Hoff probably loose in defence when he's not, and if Robbie doesn't play, I can't see how we kick a winning score against GWS or anyone for that matter, even if we play the illusive single attacking quarter we have in some of the better wins. Despite his terrible form, almost every inside 50 entry is hoping Dixon can take a contested mark or a kick over the head of a small forward vs 3 defenders, with our backup plan seemingly relying on Robbie to work his magic to kick goals. Only Watts and to a lesser extent Motlop regularly try and hit a leading target in the 50.

If I was to be optimistic, I'd say our forced change in personnel will force Hinkley to use more of the brief attacking play that we are capable of, as it's only way we can score, but I fear he'll go the other way and become even more defensive until the game is lost then say we "were brave" when we kick the last 3 goals to lessen the margin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back