Roast Freo vs Not to be trusted

Remove this Banner Ad

Each game we've lost recently we've had quarters where we haven't troubled the scorers, and barely moved the ball inside 50.
Even some games we won like Melbourne q1 and Carlton q3.
we just disappear for an entire quarter, which is why people don't rate us.

We only have 9 scoreless quarters in 21 years, with two the last 3 weeks against the bottom side and the 13th ranked side. Even our 2011 side only managed it twice.
we have major problems.

View attachment 528389
And the icing on the cake is people are blaming Gray for the concussion.

Pardon my French but how big a ******* idiot is Grant Thomas?

Gray momentarily grabbed at Nyhuis's arm to try and pull it away to get free, then stuck his arm back out to try and break his fall.

Just * off you brain dead moron. Watch the ******* video.

I'm starting to really dislike Boak as a forward. I think he feels the same way. It's pretty crap that the captain is playing a role he's not suited for in his prime.
Don't mind him there, as long as when things aren't going right in the middle, we can swing him into the midfield as a plan B.. Why didn't we do that?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Ugliest game I think I’ve ever watched. I feel traumatised.
I was watching North v Sydney when our game started, one of the best H&A games I've ever seen.
Had ours recording and dipped into it a few times because initially I couldn't believe the score counter showing up. Gave up on the utter poo happening in the west and went back to football excellence.

This board is pathetic sometimes. 5 wins a row and we drop one in a game where our two most important players go off injured and it's sack everyone time again. If we went 21-1 half this board would want Ken sacked for the 1.

Top 4, top 2, top whatever else still well and truly up for grabs.
Tend to agree with this. Away OS and didnt watch game but we have won a lot of games recently. We are a good side when our good players play well. But we are far from a great side. Most top 8 teams losing unexpectedly, we are no different. Those injuries though are going to make it tough. Who will stand up to fill the void.

i don't know why but i am not as angry or depressed about this loss as i was about Essendon, Geelong and West Coast earlier this year.

*shrugs emoji*
In the context of our season this game had a much bigger importance. The opposition was weak and we put up our worst performance in 2 years at a time where 2nd spot and equal with first on points was up for grabs.

I couldn't be anymore dirty with our performance yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The group of players can't deal with any sort of expectation. The Ryder and Gray injuries are no excuse for the loss, absolutely abhorrent loss.

The skill level is still very poor and hasn't changed in 5 years. Brisbane beat freo by 10 goals two weeks ago ffs and Port dish up that crap.

Amon should be traded while he has some currency left. Ebert poor since he signed a new deal, not good enough for a leader.
The skills still being so poor after many years under Ken is a big issue.

Midfield frequency stats for the match

There were 19 bounces

Amon 15 wing
Wingard 15
Wines 13
Polec 13 wing
Rockliff 10
SPP 10
Ebert 7
Motlop 4 wing
Boak 2 wing

Rucks:
Dixon 8
Westhoff 6
Ryder (inj) 4
Wines 1

Notes:
- Motlop had been attending at least 40% of bounces in analysed game sinces Amon last played. In this match he only appeared for 21% - a significant reduction.
- First time Rockliff has appeared in your top 6 mids since Rd 11 (5 matches analysed since then)

When you play this low scoring, grind out style, not much has to go wrong for you to lose.

The team that has suffered the most because of this under Ross Lyon taught us this lesson today. We just couldn't flick the switch because this year, the switch isn't there without Robbie winning the game off of his own boot.
Which is unaccetable given the players we have. Dixon and Motlop should also play that role more regularly than they do. I would like to see Ebert replace Sam Gray. Eberts kicking for goal is good, his field kicking us bad. Hes also a good overhead mark. This would be an attacking move. We need to attack if we are going to get anywhere that actually matters. Defensive mind sets * you over in the end.

- Motlop had been attending at least 40% of bounces in analysed game sinces Amon last played. In this match he only appeared for 21% - a significant reduction.

Cool, so not only did Amon suck, but he also robbed us of the presence of a far more damaging player in the midfield. Great selections.

Love your work btw mate, appreciate the posts.

Perhaps like last year when Ken finally brought in Doogs and Marshall quite close to finals, that two scoreless quarters against bottom 6 clubs will force his hand to change things up.

In the context of our season this game had a much bigger importance. The opposition was weak and we put up our worst performance in 2 years at a time where 2nd spot and equal with first on points was up for grabs.

I couldn't be anymore dirty with our performance yesterday.
Maybe because I'd seen this tragicomedy a dozen times before

I'm starting to really dislike Boak as a forward. I think he feels the same way. It's pretty crap that the captain is playing a role he's not suited for in his prime.

Boak’s opponent was cited by the MRP twice today. Suggests to me that Lyon is concerned enough about Boak to give him extra attention.

Freo played dirty all game and the umpires allowed it to escalate to the point that Gray was KO’d. Ford is right imo.

Boak’s opponent was cited by the MRP twice today. Suggests to me that Lyon is concerned enough about Boak to give him extra attention.

Freo played dirty all game and the umpires allowed it to escalate to the point that Gray was KO’d. Ford is right imo.
Yes Ross sent his boys out there with free licence to play as dirty as they liked and the umps allowed it.

We should've been that far ahead that losing Ryder and Gray wouldn't of made a difference. A depleted Freo coming off a Darwin trip, still absolutely filthy we dropped this one.

How many more golden opportunities to set up our season are we going to piss away with these type of performances?

Is it too much to ask for one game, to go in with an attacking mindset, you know, like 2014?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

We should've been that far ahead that losing Ryder and Gray wouldn't of made a difference. A depleted Freo coming off a Darwin trip, still absolutely filthy we dropped this one.

How many more golden opportunities to set up our season are we going to piss away with these type of performances?

Is it too much to ask for one game, to go in with an attacking mindset, you know, like 2014?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Lyon did say he gave his boys a light training load so they could come at us hard. How weak we are.

Tend to agree with this. Away OS and didnt watch game but we have won a lot of games recently. We are a good side when our good players play well. But we are far from a great side. Most top 8 teams losing unexpectedly, we are no different. Those injuries though are going to make it tough. Who will stand up to fill the void.
Don't be foolish and watch the replay if you don't want eye damage, yes it was that bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back