Autopsy Freo Win by 27 v Gold Concessions @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

If I took a gift like that at work, I might be in jail.

Free kick Hawthorn.

I remember the Hawks playing un-sociable football and getting anyway with sniping.
God it s**ts me that assaulting the opposition's skill players is referred to as "unsociable". Ought to have been a 50m penalty every time, and then we'd see how many premierships that famously "unsociable" team would have. That GF against the Swans was just disgusting... the response of a team which knows they'll be beaten if they, you know, just play footy.

Top 2 right now. Seriously,
1. Gawn
2. Darcy

Tell me who else has been better

I know I’ll get slammed for this, but Nic Nat hasn’t been bad last two weeks, 20+ and goals. But Darcy definitely up there in top 3

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Random thoughts:

- Gutsy win with half a team. We were lucky we were playing GC and not a contender, but a win's a win

- Really like the look of Walker. I saw a bit of him in Colts and didn't really have great hopes of him making the grade - thought he'd be another Jason Carter. But he looks to have some genuine class that will translate at this level

- The media focused on the wrong returning star. Forget Rowell, AP gave a timely reminder to those who'd forgotten how good he is. Honestly, if he'd had a normal uninterrupted career he'd be considered one of the very best KPD's in the game (well he plays for Freo and not a Vic team, so he wouldn't, but you know what I mean)

- Sonny really frustrates me lately. When he plays football he's still a gun, but so often his first thought is to just look for the nearest opposition player to turn his head into rather than even look for a teammate

- I love Treacy so much. Such a calming feeling when he has the ball compared to our usual scattergun shots at goal. Though missing his last two already has me paranoid he's been Dockered

- Darcy is just the complete package to be the game's best ruckman in 5 years. Strong in the taps, wins follow up ground balls, takes a strong grab, and kicks goals

- I though that was just about Aish's best game for the club. First half especially was excellent

- And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually starting to warm to Acres. The 'undersized chop out in the ruck a la Grigg at Richmond' role really seems to suit him. Which is ironic because I remember some of the comments from Saints fans when we got him were he could be a good player if he was allowed to settle into a position 'instead of being thrown in the ruck like Richardson did'

Walker = Prince of Pockets, Scotty Chisholm

I know I’ll get slammed for this, but Nic Nat hasn’t been bad last two weeks, 20+ and goals. But Darcy definitely up there in top 3

It's really Gawn -> Which club do you support out of NicNat, Darcy and Grundy -> Mariana Trech -> Every other ruckmen

His game against Richmond was the best I have seen him play.I think getting rag dolled by Chol early woke him up that there is more to just winning taps.He was very good Sunday.And it actually hurts me to say that,because I think that Reilly O'Brien was right, he is lazy, doesn't run.And full credit to Telstra for donating the phone to him for pointing out the truth about NN.

After a shocking first half, finally got something together.
Loving Treacy;s attack on the lead....direct and up the guts.
Now Crowden had a very quite game, but i think we need to persist with him. When he gets more of the ball, Treacy will be kicking 5 and 6 a game.
He needs to be thrown onto the wing.
Darcy was huge, especially in the 3rd.
Aish was good,
Mundy hopefully stays until he is 40.

I know this is my little bug bear, but Crowden no matter how hard he tries and puts in, is not up to AFL standard. He didn’t touch the ball in the 2nd half. We will know we are in a position to compete for premierships, when players like Jordan Clarke at Geelong, Mitch Wallis and Rhylee West at the Bulldogs, can’t get games. Even guys like Fiorini and Ainsworth (who had 45 in the VFL on the weekend) can’t get into the GC team. They are all a lot more accomplished than Crowden

I know this is my little bug bear, but Crowden no matter how hard he tries and puts in, is not up to AFL standard. He didn’t touch the ball in the 2nd half. We will know we are in a position to compete for premierships, when players like Jordan Clarke at Geelong, Mitch Wallis and Rhylee West at the Bulldogs, can’t get games. Even guys like Fiorini and Ainsworth (who had 45 in the VFL on the weekend) can’t get into the GC team. They are all a lot more accomplished than Crowden

Try harder.

Wallis got dumped because they thought the 3rd tall was better and he isn't suited to the other forward roles
Rhylee West averages less possessions than Crowden in the AFL this year playing a similar position in a team where the balls lives in their forward half.
Clark is a hbf/winger FFS (ie a role where the ball finds you) and still doesn't impact.

Crowden is also capable of getting big disposal totals playing midfield in the WAFL and has done so many times.

Have you conceded he can kick more than 25m yet?

He's got to be dropped for the pies game, surely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really Gawn -> Which club do you support out of NicNat, Darcy and Grundy -> Mariana Trech -> Every other ruckmen
It's really Gawn -> Do you like gymmicks or not value the ability to actually mark the ball? OR Darcy -> Mariana Trench -> Every other ruckman

That is some very purple glasses there SonSon, that's not like you :)
Yeah I know, I'm normally sooo neutral and just in my thoughts relating to Fremantle! ;)

That being said though, my dad made a very astute comment regarding a one Mr Natanaui the other day, when he said that Nic himself is really a likable person, it's just that the media pandering, marketing and commentator drivel, has lead to every opposition supporter being very very tired of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back