Autopsy Freo Win by 27 v Gold Concessions @ Optus

Mar 26, 2012
Block 123
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, FC St. Pauli
Cerra is definitely not playing like a 750k a year player

Great return from Pearce, however I'm not going to enjoy flinching every time he goes near it for the rest of time.

Darcy is a star

Liked the look of Walker, something to work with there.

Treacy is a shining beacon of hope

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Positives
- Pearce got through the full game and did well at that, kept King goalless for the first time this year.
- Walker had a good game today, looks to be a special player
- Josh Treacy
- Acres, Duman and Aish all having good games.
- Won a game that we should always be winning.
- Some serious talent will be coming back after the bye.

Negatives
- Skills a bit of a concern still
- Tucker is useless

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
I don't think it's a matter of "if" Darcy will become Freo's best player anymore, more so a matter of "when"

I reckon everyone who said Walker wasn't ready would be feeling a bit silly right now
Some players just translate to AFL better than they do the state leagues. He seems to be one of them.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Good job on the margin Snuffy.

We got the win and not only did Pearce get through unscathed, he looked genuinely good.

Darcy was great, although it was weak opposition. If we can find a way to get Tabs/Lobb/Treacy (Sturt maybe) on the park most weeks our fwdline will be pretty potent. Need to find the right mix with our smalls though, they're wildly inconsistent. I like Tucker, but he's not a defender; have to use him higher up the ground. Walker was very solid, Western not ready yet.

All in all that exceeded my expectations and we can go into the bye with some genuine hope for the 2nd half of the year.

As for the Suns...the less said the better.

Back