Autopsy Freo Win by 27 v Gold Concessions @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

If we actually got 3 of our 4 big defenders fit at the same time we are a completely different team. Just having Pearce today made us a 4 or 5+ goal better team IMO.

If we’re within striking distance at any point this year, and then get a good run with injury we can beat anyone. I just don’t believe it will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is Travis Colyer’s “buddy” ?.

Pump him up, for geezus sake !!!!. He was whipping material, and is now a vital cog in the team.

Sonny, watch some tapes of Colyer’s plays, you may learn something !!!!?
Come to think of it, I think I put my hand up late to pick him up. My track record with Buddies is not ideal, and usually they end up playing WAFL before being delisted.

think it was Markov, didn’t have the best view of it but looked like they just ran into each other

i still can’t believe that call, genuinely one of the worst I’ve seen in a long time
Yeah I am pretty sure it was Markov. He clipped the umpires shoulder with his very excellent moustache.

Dewy Stew reminds me of a Caterpillar just about ready to pupate. Gunna be a bloody big moth.
On Saturday Stuey Dew ate one piece of chocolate cake, one ice-cream cone, one pickle, one slice of Swiss cheese, one slice of salami, one lollipop, one piece of cherry pie, one sausage, one cupcake, and one slice of watermelon. That night he had a stomach ache.

Yeah do you think that an obese coach might not push you to get the absolute most out of yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross isn’t exactly a whippet himself. I don’t think it matters too much, most kids would have grown up with fat coaches, surely

I’m not one to really think umpires are corrupt but fu** me, that call was some incredible bullshit that defies belief, and it lead straight to a GC goal
on a somewhat related note, is unrealistic attempt not a rule anymore? thought greenwood’s attempted mark for Touk Miller’s goal was a textbook of that, nearly went full RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME after they ok’d it.

GC have some of the highest pedigree talent running around together and they just can't seem to put it together.

We had 2 first gamers, a bunch of low end draft picks and rookies (and a smattering of top end talent) and we put them away easily in the end.
Missing - Fyfe, Tabs, Wilson, Cox, Logue, Young, Sturt, Hughes, S Hill. Half a best 18.

Very good effort in the end and I too love the way JL seems to be able to make adjustments on the fly and get the team playing well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won, avoided injury AND kicked more goals than points!! Bottle whatever Longmuir said at half time too.

I feel pretty happy. I don't think it's because of alcohol at all. I thinks it's a dockery feeling...
Darcy is, if not already, an absolute beast just like that Kappa variant in * Victoria!
Treacy is the pure raw hard accurate gun forward we never thought we'd ever see grace our club ever again. But alas he has arrived.
Luke Ryan is pure gold.
Pearce didn't get injured. I hope he gets home ok.
Walker will be a total lock soon.
Henry is silky gold and is going to be legendary.
Our midfield of AB, AC, CS is set if they can learn how to kick the ball to a target behind the goals FFS. Maybe need a little more guile and speed in there instead of grunt but we have options for that.

I think we are projecting pretty well.

Crowden, Tucker, Schulz, Bewley, Conca, Acres not projecting like they'll improve drastically.

The rest. Duman is improving i think.

DM should be awarded the freedom of the world without delay.

The holding the man he gave against Treacy was right in front of me. RIGHT. IN. FRONT. OF. ME. I was about ready to storm the field and pull him off. He was disgraceful tonight

Who is Travis Colyer’s “buddy” ?.

Pump him up, for geezus sake !!!!. He was whipping material, and is now a vital cog in the team.

Sonny, watch some tapes of Colyer’s plays, you may learn something !!!!?

Darcy was good, but was playing against a 2nd grade ruck so should have had a good game.
Great to see Pearce back, and no injuries.
It was 21 scoring shots to 19, so lets not get too excited, and we were playing GC.

The midfield did well to keep pressure on the ball.

I loved Treacy willing to keep on the move in the forward line, it is a such a positive change to Lobb who stands still too much.
Weren’t excited. Was always going to be scrappy dull game with the outs. Pleased to win and have a positive review at the bye. The troops held well.

Was at the game - spectacular weather I can't fathom why there wasn't a bigger crowd. Anyway in the second half people were really enjoying themselves and I think the noise levels increased beyond the numbers present. I won't say what others have said but will add:

- Aish played his best game all year, read the flight of the ball superbly. Duman played like a 100 gamer for us tonight too.
- Colyer in electric form, how he gets that pace at his age is beyond me. He's not a 3+ goal player per game but his awareness in the forward arc is incredible.
- Really felt Acres silenced a few critics tonight.
- Walker looked like he belonged.
- Mundy really upped the anty tonight, you could see in the stands he's tiring a wee but forced himself to find that next gear tonight.
- Treacy got the loudest cheers tonight. People around me talking non stop how hard he is in that forward line, sign him up and pay him whatever he wants. He has that fire and energy I haven't seen invoked into a crowd in a very, very long time.
- Don't know what game people were watching with Cerra but he is an absolute force. I imagine him at 25 as the next Fyfe. Not sure he stays and if he does only for another couple of years to increase his currency. Will be a great loss and I can understand why we rolled the dice with him over Naughton.

I feel that Serong needs to play on the ball again, he was scintillating with ball in hand earlier this season and last year. Give someone else tagging duties.

It's refreshing going to the games, the team isn't bereft and there's a system at play. We're still too young and unskilled to make it translate just yet. But we're on the way actually.

- Treacy got the loudest cheers tonight. People around me talking non stop how hard he is in that forward line, sign him up and pay him whatever he wants. He has that fire and energy I haven't seen invoked into a crowd in a very, very long time.
On rewatch—he has an amazing presence when the ball hits the ground.

Liam Henry has the makings of a cult hero. Hope things develop that way. Jeff Farmer vibes when he celebrated the goal.
When he kicked his goal the crowd went insane, and then when he walked towards them when they were setting back up after the crowd went insane again :hearteyes:

Liam Henry has the makings of a cult hero. Hope things develop that way. Jeff Farmer vibes when he celebrated the goal.
Belongs. Holy moly a forward line of Treacy and Henry took the game on. Biggest positive of all these outs. These guys developing. Treacy with that beautiful long low 55m set shot was reminisce of Pavlich. The swagger, the big game mentality. In a 18 year old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back