List Mgmt. Freo's Indigenous Players

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Coming from a master troll like your self you should know?. If you dont want to have an adult conversation when someone makes a point back maybe you shouldn't comment in the first place

You can fcuk off with your racist bullshit

kwikfix

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2016
In your head
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hamling Grey A Pearce Griffen, Aboriginal?? Come on those boys are whiter then white
A former work mate of mine, whiter then white, love his football and was mates with some Eagle and Docker players. It turned out his surname was Woods, first cousin to dion, his mothers maiden name was Collard, the same as the Matera's brothers mothers maiden name. Good bloke to.

Mr Peabody

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
As chance would have it, today I had a browse through the Wikipedia entry for The Prince of Pockets. Brought back some great memories and the odd wry smile. Master of the look away kick in was The Prince.
Gee we're looking back a bit this weekend with mention of the Wizz elsewhere and now it's the Prince. That had me reaching for the encyclopaedia of Freo's early existence 'Way to Go'. I turned to Matt Price for a quote on his recollections of Scott Chisholm and his words describe him perfectly...

"...on his day, defender Scott Chisholm was just as funny. The excruciatingly talented Aboriginal player dubbed himself 'The Prince' after the publication of a dodgy story about links between the Chisholm clan and the British Royal Family. During his years with Fremantle he was one of our best players but, dear Lord, how Chisholm could pluck disaster from the jaws of triumph. When he won the ball, usually deep in the Dockers' defence, no one had any idea what he might do with it certainly not his team mates and least of all Chisholm himself. His eyes would widen and dart in a hundred different directions, he'd stall and start and prop and balk, and the crowd would hold its collective breath. Incongruously, Neesham would often assign Chisholm the task of kicking in. This proved the defensive equivalent of playing Russian roulette with five bullets in the chamber...."

Wonderful foundations this Club was built on and much of it goes well beyond the park when you consider the enduring recollections we are fortunate to enjoy of the contributions from the early Indigenous players such as Dhurrkay, Chisholm, Abraham, Cook and Kickett.

Mr Peabody

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Re-read 'Way to go' in a hammock on the banks of the Fitzroy just recently.
So enjoyable and so many memorable passages like that one.:thumbsu::thumbsu:
I keep a copy on the table beside me and open it up to read random pages from time to time when I need a break from Big Footy!

johnnomac

All Australian
Jun 12, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hamling Grey A Pearce Griffen, Aboriginal?? Come on those boys are whiter then white
Dont you think claiming there aboriginal is an insult? Would seriously be interested in finding out what percentage they are

I think that the opposite is true - they are enormously respectful of their families and all of those that came before them and made them who they are, and they do it with great courage in the face of incredible pressure to deny that aboriginal part of their identity. What are you suggesting they do? Disown their aboriginal ancestors. That is the greater insult.

They are who they are.

Apr 27, 2006
Your Backyard
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dont you think claiming there aboriginal is an insult? Would seriously be interested in finding out what percentage they are

I take it you would be extremely insulted if someone said you were Aboriginal.

Fremantle's 2014 Indigenous player are (L-R), Michael Walters, Brady Grey, Jonathon Griffin, Michael Johnson, Alex Pearce, Danyle Pearce, Josh Simpson, Stephen Hill

images-4.jpg

http://m.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-05-19/johnson-proud-to-honour-stolen-generations

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Why would claiming to be Aboriginal an insult?

Honestly your post makes it sound like you think being Aboriginal makes you inferior which I seriously hope is not the case...

basashi

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club
Given our history it seems ridiculous that we don't play the Dreamtime game.

What seems more ridiculous that the clubs who do play it are such johnny come latelies who had to be cajoled into accepting the occasional Aboriginal player here and there... years after the they had become commonplace in WA.

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
As a person of Aboriginal decent with Pale skin I find your post incredibly insulting and ignorant. A persons cultural background isn't determined by how dark their skin is, I just hope the next generation of Australians aren't as ignorant as you are, Pull your head in.

One_Wing

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mal Brown deserves more accolades than he gets. He provided a lot of leadership in proving the value of integrating indigenous players into WAFL teams and promoting their recruitment into the AFL.
Kevin Sheedy also deserves a huge amount of credit in this regard. Continues to work the indigenous communities to this day. Great ambassador.

Ressies runner

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why would claiming to be Aboriginal an insult?

Honestly your post makes it sound like you think being Aboriginal makes you inferior which I seriously hope is not the case...
Yeah thats not the case.
I get insulted when people claim to be from the same race and traditions as me when there only an 8th and they quite clearly wouldn't have a clue about it. So you could assume it upsets others too

Ressies runner

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
As a person of Aboriginal decent with Pale skin I find your post incredibly insulting and ignorant. A persons cultural background isn't determined by how dark their skin is, I just hope the next generation of Australians aren't as ignorant as you are, Pull your head in.
Does being from aboriginal decent make you aboriginal?

Ressies runner

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Back