News Freo's New Look

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS
http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7009/newsid/103553/default.aspx

FD_RGB_A2_MONOGRAM_VERT_FC350px-for-web-story.jpg

2010BrandLaunch246B.jpg

Awful logo, the jumper is ok but it's not Fremantle. This is almost as bad as Brisbane's re-branding last year.

I like the idea...I don't like the execution. The colour scheme is solid. The idea of a simplified logo is solid - I really like the shield/badge version. But the font and the matching stylised anchor are pretty ordinary and the D around the anchor does nothing for me.

But what really bugs me is how they've enhanced the status of the anchor in the logo but then ripped it off the jumpers. I like the jumpers in isolation, but it just seems like a poor choice to go one way there and another way with the logo. Retaining the anchor jumper (purple haze edition) and then using that anchor in the logo would seem to have been a much better way to go.

I didn't like the guernsey before today but i'm a fan of what they've done. They've simplified it and at the same time made it classy and timeless.

Well done Freo.

jumper looks sick! well done freo. looks much bolder and intimidating than the anchor jumper, finally looks like a football team.

Holy s**t :eek:
I like the shield logo. I'm sure the guernsey designs will grow on me, as did the Brisbane ones. But for now I'm still used to the anchor I guess, and for the "Dockers" to drop it is a real step backwards I think.

Rather than cementing their brand and taking advantage of one of the most unique and powerful identities in world sport, they have reverted to a much simpler design which could be worse in the long run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to be honest i dont mind the new jumper, as for the logo i think it looks it a bit boring and like it was just a quick job that not much effort had been put into making. The jumper idea was used as a training jumper this year and also they used the same idea for their 2003 heritage jumper, the fremantle football club that was in the wafl 50 years ago also used the idea of 2 to 3 v's. I also like how they have done the intergrated logo (clash jumper) and the woodside logo (home jumper) on the jumpers but i think they could put the logo on the jumper under the sponsor, a bit like Geelong.

It looks great. Where as Brisbane's re-design was a second rate, Americanized mess, this is a simple and timeless design, more akin to some of the Victorian clubs like Carlton.

It would have been better to drop the "Dockers" and keep "Football Club" instead though.

I have no problem with the new jumper, it looks great. Although the logo looks rather unimaginative and tacky.

I really believe Freo were onto a winner with the previous set of jumpers+logo. It was unique in design and brand. It really screamed 'Fremantle' to me. However this set of jumpers are the complete opposite. It seems they just want to blend in with everyone else, instead of continuing to establish their own identity.

EDIT: Also interesting to see ISC's new tag.

i completly agree, i dont completly agree with getting rid of red and green

yeh i would like to see what they will do with the Purple Haze jumper and game because now every game is pretty much a purple haze game with the jumper they are using, maybe they will make it like a red or green haze game and swap purple for red or green

I think I agree with most others, the jumper looks good, the logo not so much. The thing I dislike the most is that they have a D integrated with the anchor, but no F (nitpicking, I know). And they were obviously going for "simple", but it comes off TOO simple.

I really don't get it. All this was so they could go back to the Dockers name? A name everyone has had no problem with using unofficially, not at all for over 10 years? They've removed the most regonisable symbol any club has had in the league... Actually they haven't it's still part of the logo. Why's that allowed and the jumper isn't? I just hope they do keep the song (as I've mentioned it's one of my guilty pleasures to sing) they don't want to throw their entire identity away, do they?

The new logo sucks compared to they old one, especially the typeface for "Dockers".
The jumpers look nice but they're unoriginal and uninspired, they're just ripped off the identity of the old Freo and claimed it as their own. Fremantle are supposed to have weird jumpers with 4 colours that the rest of the league hates, they've build an identity around being the weird club who does things differently from everyone else. It's sad to see them conform.

I like it, very, very modern, in terms of the ISC logo and the Woodside logo, the rounded square.

I saw pics of people trying to make it what it'll look like, and they looked crap, but in those photos they look amazing.

Logo is very average though I must admit.

Sucked to be a Saints or Geelong fan though, three different guernsey changes in 3 years with the apperal logo changed, and the template changed last year.

I reckon the jumper would look even better without the "new" ISC logo, the old ISC logo is better, and what's worse is that ISC logo will also be on the Saints, Cats & Swans jumper!

Freo should of incorprated the Vees into the logo if they are using them on the jumper, it's just an odd move with the logo, the "Fremantle FC" logo is way better!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back