Strategy Freo's Top 4 Chances

Remove this Banner Ad

Virtually impossible
Geelong play sat night this week
If they play Friday shorter break than hawks
If essendon v north is Sunday they massively unfair as Geelong play fri night and have 2 more days recovery for following week.
Fairest way prob freo Sydney sat afternoon but afl will want it at night
Last 2 years it's been 1 vs 4 in fri night
Then 2v 3 sat arvo
Port collingwood played sat night last year at Mcg ( 6v7)
Then Richmond Carlton 5v8 on Sunday
Can't give everyone even break so I think freos 6 day break is irrelevant to the AFL
All top 4 teams play on Saturday? 4:30 and 7:30?

Where Brisbane would have beat them at had there been no stupid call at the deaths just keep the Cats in front.

Past is irrelevant, to some degree.

Anyone seriously thinking Brisbane can knock them off in round 23 a week before finals at SS is kidding themselves.

Geelong by 40 and doing it easily.

Past is irrelevant, to some degree.

Anyone seriously thinking Brisbane can knock them off in round 23 a week before finals at SS is kidding themselves.

Geelong by 40 and doing it easily.
Didn't they almost do it just last year but Geelong fell over the line with some of their trademark help from their umpiring friends? Unlikely to win but stranger things have happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're just showing their disdain for Fremantle. While both us and Port seem to be on the rise again our good form is based off beating the reigning premiers, Ports off beating Carltank. Add the fact that it's our home game and we're playing our best 22 bar Fyfe.

Sportsbet have us at $1.42 and Port at $2.95. I think that's about right.

The best Friday night game option is Essendon v North. Both get lumped with a 6 day break so it's fair, and it's an all Vic grunge match at the MCG to please Seven.

They're just showing their disdain for Fremantle. While both us and Port seem to be on the rise again our good form is based off beating the reigning premiers, Ports off beating Carltank. Add the fact that it's our home game and we're playing our best 22 bar Fyfe.

Sportsbet have us at $1.42 and Port at $2.95. I think that's about right.
I cant see Port winning, I just cant see it. Not the way you're playing now.

Hope the rain holds off for tomorrow. We'll win if it does, but we never back up well after playing wet weather footy. Got demolished by Hawks early this year and Cats last year after playing in pouring rain the week before.

It's still possible (although extremely unlikely) that we could finish second.

Would require Geelong losing to Brisbane, Freo beating Port, and Hawks being beaten by Collingwood, such that the combined margin of the latter two is ~90 points.

And we would finish 3rd if either the first two or the last two events occured.

It's still possible (although extremely unlikely) that we could finish second.

Would require Geelong losing to Brisbane, Freo beating Port, and Hawks being beaten by Collingwood, such that the combined margin of the latter two is ~90 points.

And we would finish 3rd if either the first two or the last two events occured.
Yeah, unlikely but possible. The media sound like they have already started selling tickets to Hawthorn-Geelong. If Collingwood were a full strength they may have caused an upset. I hope they do, that would be the end of WC I gather.

Yeah, unlikely but possible. The media sound like they have already started selling tickets to Hawthorn-Geelong. If Collingwood were a full strength they may have caused an upset. I hope they do, that would be the end of WC I gather.

Yep, WC will be gone if either Richmond or Collingwood win

EDIT: And Adelaide could get them on % if both Adelaide and WC win

The best Friday night game option is Essendon v North. Both get lumped with a 6 day break so it's fair, and it's an all Vic grunge match at the MCG to please Seven.

This kind of stuff is why the AFL should float the final 3 round so teams don't cop back to back 6 day breaks (Hawthorn) or so there aren't any 6 v 8 day breaks (like us and Port). A bit of flexibility would be great - all the major soccer leagues in Europe modify fixtures based on other competitions, so why can't the AFL modify the fixture based on finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back