JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
How do we get the fixturing better? so the games are worthy of that time slot?
For me I think the top 8 sides this year should get the majority of the Friday nights the year after.
Then you can throw in Collingwood, Richmond, Saints and Port to get a Friday night or 2.
Essendon, Carlton, Brisbane, Gold coast, Melbourne & Freo should be not a Friday night game next year.

AFL article from October 2015 regarding the 2016 fixture:

"FRIDAY night football will again become the domain of the leading clubs in 2016, with the AFL loading up on marquee match-ups for the premier time slot.

Thursday's release of the 2016 Toyota AFL Fixture reveals that Hawthorn will feature on six Friday nights as it seeks to become the first club since the 1927-1930 Collingwood outfit to win four premierships in a row.

Richmond will also feature six times on Friday nights, while North Melbourne features on five occasions, as does perennial drawcard Collingwood.

The improving Western Bulldogs have been granted their wish for more primetime exposure and will feature on three occasions after none in 2015.

As expected, wooden-spooner Carlton has been dropped entirely from the Friday night schedule after six appearances in 2015, while five other clubs – the Brisbane Lions, Greater Western Sydney, Gold Coast, Melbourne and St Kilda - will also not feature in the timeslot."

So basically you want to do what they did last year again?

What exactly are you complaining about?

North Melbourne playing every Friday night. Bing, bang, boom, problem solved. Close thread, mods.

Think there will be a pretty even spread of Vic clubs getting Friday night games. AFL will be banking on an improved Essendon and will reward them with at least 3. You'd think Collingwood and Richmond will get at least 3 each too, probably early in the season as both will not be favoured to make the 8, Carlton's improvement will see them gifted some too, None of Saints/Melb/North/Dogs are s**t, so there's a case for all of them as well whilst perennial finals clubs Geelong and Hawthorn will get their fair share. Adelaide/Port/West Coast/Sydney should get a couple each and the GWS might get a souple away in Melbourne. Clubs to miss out will probably be GC and perhaps Freo.

First 17 rounds must have every club with a Friday night HOME game. Bit of a raffle from then on.

Basically means 2 FNF's in Sydney, Queensland, Adelaide and Perth, with Geelong hosting 1 at home - North Melbourne, St. Kilda and Bulldogs hosting Etihad FNF's and Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn and Richmond hosting 1 MCG FNF in that first 17 rounds.

First 17 rounds must have every club with a Friday night HOME game. Bit of a raffle from then on.

Basically means 2 FNF's in Sydney, Queensland, Adelaide and Perth, with Geelong hosting 1 at home - North Melbourne, St. Kilda and Bulldogs hosting Etihad FNF's and Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn and Richmond hosting 1 MCG FNF in that first 17 rounds.

Gotta feel a bit sorry for the Demons there...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then you can throw in Collingwood, Richmond, Saints and Port to get a Friday night or 2.
Essendon, Carlton, Brisbane, Gold coast, Melbourne & Freo should be not a Friday night game next year.
Would rather Carton and Melbourne over Richmond and Pies. Collingwoods Friday night games have been absolute rubbish.

Hawthorn v GWS at the G on a Friday night would be awesome to watch
Adelaide v Port
West Coast V bulldogs
Sydney v Geelong
Adelaide v Bulldogs
Adelaide v Anyone :)

Is watching footy on TV really what people spend their Friday nights doing?
Hell yes!! im 32 I spent all my 20s partying and having things to do and in winter these days I just wanna get takeaway and chill on a Friday night after a busy week at work. March-September my life is watching footy.. if im not at Adelaide oval watching the Crows play im at a pub or on the couch watching footy.. at least 5 games a week on TV.

23 rounds so there's 46 slots.
SHould be merit based, based on the previous year's results

Finish top 2: 5 Friday night games
Finish 3-6: 3 Friday night games
Finish 7-10: 2 Friday night games
Finish 11-16: 1 Friday night games

keeps an even spread without giving games to those diabolically bad (with a side benefit that provides a slight disincentive to tank)

It should not be a criteria for the draw, let randomness decide. There are already too many limitations on the draw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back