10k Posts
Oct 9, 2003
Reebok Stadium
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bolton,Clippers,Falcons,Mariners
Coming soon to Fox 8.

I've heard very good things about it. Anyone seen any episodes yet ?

Yeah i've seen some but it's more about high school then football which sucks but saying that there are a few good football bits in it

The first season that I saw was great. Kinda predictable (TV teen drama) but script and acting is excellent.

Still can't work out whether its a teen drama or not. One things for sure is that its not just about football. Hardest part to get get your head around is that the reverence for high school football is unfamiliar. At times it seems unbelievable: do people really care that much about HS football? - in some places apparently they do.

Am married to an American. Was in her home town, Baton Rouge a few years ago & her sister's husband , a big Cajun took me to a high school game.
There was over 10,000 people there & it was broadcast live on radio. It was an amazing experience.

The first season that I saw was great. Kinda predictable (TV teen drama) but script and acting is excellent.

Still can't work out whether its a teen drama or not. One things for sure is that its not just about football. Hardest part to get get your head around is that the reverence for high school football is unfamiliar. At times it seems unbelievable: do people really care that much about HS football? - in some places apparently they do.

Well, it's based on a town in texas, so apparently they do.

Top show, nothing on tv out there tops it even though the 2nd season was a lot weaker than the first, it did pick up back towards the end of the second season. looking forward to the 3rd season starting up in the states in a couple of weeks

In small country towns in some parts of America that’s what you do on a Friday night. What you see in the movies where the town shuts down is basically correct.

A friend of mine who lives in Spokane, Washington State sent me season 1 and 2 of this show last week, I am looking forward to watching it as the movie was awesome.

Just finished watching the first 2 season this but i believe it will be a flop on Australian free to air TV and it would be axed after 4 week. They have way too much religion for it to gain a regular following but it’s a really good show.

Teen drama with a football following – think One Tree Hill but with American football.

It already flopped on Australian Free To Air. Channel Ten had the rights and it aired on Friday Nights for a couple of weeks never to be seen again.

I think the OTH/The OC type comparasions is why it hasn't been a sucesful show ratings wise even in the states. It is so much more than a crappy teen drama.

It already flopped on Australian Free To Air. Channel Ten had the rights and it aired on Friday Nights for a couple of weeks never to be seen again.

I think the OTH/The OC type comparasions is why it hasn't been a sucesful show ratings wise even in the states. It is so much more than a crappy teen drama.

Serious? How long ago. It must have been quick. FFS i hate Australian FFA.

Ten put it on their HD channel showed the first 6 or so eps on late on a friday night and then took it off for the ipl and then put it back on afterward on monday and friday nights. I'm not sure how any person is meant to follow that. They've showed the first season.

Watched the first two eps of season 3, this show is so much better than anything else out there at the moment.

This is a great show. It just feels real.

And yes, this is what HS Football is like, particularly in small-town America. Texas is absolutely bonkers for HS football and Georgia is not far behind. My wife works at a private school and I've been to a couple of games - bear in mind that this school is not large, by any means, but there were a good 3000 people at the game.

You can't even get to that a big suburban or country footy game in Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know where I can get region-4 DVDs of this?

I dont think so mate. I have been looking and cant find any.

Just buy a region free DVD player and you can get the Region-1 DVD's from ebay.
I think there has been 3 maybe 4 seasons of it so far.

I have only seen what Fox 8 have shown but its an awesome show and knowing Fox 8 after one season it will get dumped so I will probably buy the DVD's.

I dont think so mate. I have been looking and cant find any.

Just buy a region free DVD player and you can get the Region-1 DVD's from ebay.
I think there has been 3 maybe 4 seasons of it so far.
I have only seen what Fox 8 have shown but its an awesome show and knowing Fox 8 after one season it will get dumped so I will probably buy the DVD's.

Season 3 is being aired in America now.

Loved the 4th season opener! With two teams in town should be cool. Wasn't sure how it would pull up losing key cast members but can see the possibilities with newbies and like how Coach Taylor has to start affresh with a couple of talented players/athletes (but a lot of poor players too lol) but some egomaniacs as well! Ahould make for some good viewing i'm seeing more of a football oriented season which should be good culminating in a big rivalry game between the two teams

2nd episode is freaking awesome!!!

probably my equal favourite of the entire series

the pirate scene was hilarious..... apparently the guy is some famous college coach or sumpfing mike leach......and when tami stuck it up to Joe Mccoll..... fug yeah!!!

We love this show, got season one and two via Amazon and just love it. season 3 was even better, cannot wait until season 4.

WWRD? What would Riggins do? Tim Riggins is the best character in the show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back