Friday Night - St Kilda v Carlton WTF

Will crowd tonight be over 10k?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a Thursday game this weekend, which is the biggest game for a TV perspective - Adelaide v Geelong. I guess will be built up as an EF for Adelaide, but for mine they are done so this game doesn’t appeal.

But Carlton v St Kilda has its own appeal, in a perverse almost premier league relegation style plenty riding on it type of game.

Saints having a horror year, they need to get a result. Carlton up against another bottom 4 team, they would desperately want to avoid another dismal belting. If it is a blowout their is still a story either way, and if it is a close game we’ll great.

If these two sides ever have to play eachother it should definitely be on a Friday night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh man, what's wrong with you people??

The footy is so dull and lame these days, that intriguing results are all that matter anyway.

And this in intriguing!

If Carlton get rolled, they're legit looking at a 1 win season! That s**t is one for the record books.

But wait...just imagine if the Saints lose to them!!?
I know Richardson's vocabulary only contains the words 'strong', 'pleasing', 'pressure' and 'disappointing', but man....he'll need to learn some new words to avoid being hogtied and thrown in the Ben Sadler Swim School pool by Saints fans down there if they get rolled by Carlton.

Even if their pea hearted Board don't sack him - I reckon their fans will take matters into their own hands!

Since it wasn't unreasonable to think the Saints wouldn't be terrible this year, this is really just an extension of all the Carlton friday night threads.

I personally think Saints will give them a flogging. Depending on who you barrack for that might be enjoyable. In the unlikely even Carlton win, the Saints board will be amazing for those fans of schadenfreude. If you are going to stalk other teams boards you need to at least have watched the game for context.

Finally been waiting for this game all year.

Watch the tennis or a movie, I don't watch any Friday night game we aren't in.
You should do, you might learn what good footy looks like! Noted that you definitely won't be watching a single game of Friday night footy in 2019 or maybe even 2020 ...

Back