Friday Night - St Kilda v Carlton WTF

Will crowd tonight be over 10k?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Both were expected to be on the up when the fixture was drawn up.
Bullshit. No one expected Carlton to be a finals team this year. St.Kilda makes some kind of sense at least.
I have no idea why Carlton get special treatment with prime time spots.

Richmond Ladder positions.
2013: 5th
2014: 8th
2015: 5th
2016: 13th
0 Friday night games in 2017. We were s**t, so the AFL rightfully took away our prime time until we proved we were good enough again.

Now lets look at Carlton

Carlton Ladder Positions
2014: 13th
2015: 18th
2016: 14th
2017: 16th. Lost 9 of their last 10 games.
4 Friday night games in 2018?? When have they proven they were good enough for primetime?

You have Melbourne who just missed out on finals and were expected to improve on that getting 1 Friday night game.

AFL should have a flexible fixture with a couple options and set it 8 rounds in advance.

Coll v WCE should swap with Stk v Carl

On Oppo F1S using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah because Collingwood don't get nearly enough primetime marquee games.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fixture was determined at the beginning of the season, not the middle of it. Saints were believed to be a finals chance this year while the Blues were also slated to improve after years of development. With a fixture, you'll always run into situations like this. It's only really a problem if one side gets fixtured a heap on Friday night and then turns out to be crap that year, which was the case with Carlton a few seasons ago.

Anyone remember in primary school when you had a game of footy and two team captains pick their teams then by the end there are one or two kids that can’t catch, lack any coordination, no one likes them, they’re fat and or smelly, but they have to be picked anyway. Then one day the teacher decides to throw them a bone and make the dorky fat kids captain for one day of the year and they get to pick the teams.

Anyone remember in primary school when you had a game of footy and two team captains pick their teams then by the end there are one or two kids that can’t catch, lack any coordination, no one likes them, they’re fat and or smelly, but they have to be picked anyway. Then one day the teacher decides to throw them a bone and make the dorky fat kids captain for one day of the year and they get to pick the teams.
So who is your first pick?

Saints have 3 Friday night games in last 7 rounds, Carlton have 2.

On Oppo F1S using BigFooty.com mobile app

lol, watch ratings really take a hammering. I for one won't even bother tuning in, I'll just get a final score next morning. The only interest in the game for me are Cripps and Simpson in my SuperCoach team but even that won't get me turning it on.

Since it wasn't unreasonable to think the Saints wouldn't be terrible this year, this is really just an extension of all the Carlton friday night threads.

I personally think Saints will give them a flogging. Depending on who you barrack for that might be enjoyable. In the unlikely even Carlton win, the Saints board will be amazing for those fans of schadenfreude. If you are going to stalk other teams boards you need to at least have watched the game for context.

If the Saints lose then SEN needs to bring Finey back for a one off Friday night special.

Back