Friday Night - St Kilda v Carlton WTF

Will crowd tonight be over 10k?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL are concerned about ratings drop off and crowd drop off......

Well if they put the best games on the best time slot it might have been different. They knew Carlton lost their best player (Gibbs) and would be severely down on experience on field.....

Oh man I'm so angry!! What a disgrace that two bottom sides like St Kilda and Carlton are playing on Friday night! I'd much rather watch a combined 15 goal blockbuster between two heavyweights like Sydney and Geelong arghhhh. Get Richmond on, they don't have enough of them! Or even Collingwood. Everyone knew they would finally come good at the start of the year, it's a disgrace they're not playing!

Seriously, get over it. Doesn't matter if it's Friday night or Sunday afternoon, this negative, congested, Paul Roos inspired garbage that people call football is s**t to watch in general. Go back through the fixture this year - there have been 3 or 4 good Friday night games the whole season. 5 at a real push. Stop pretending to be angry about the AFL's s**t fixturing and deal with it, they're not going to change it.
The saints aren't the problem. Not many saw that they would drop off so much without Nick and Joey. Carlton were always going to struggle though with a very young team and having been put on so many Friday nights, it's not funny.

The saints aren't the problem. Not many saw that they would drop off so much without Nick and Joey. Carlton were always going to struggle though with a very young team and having been put on so many Friday nights, it's not funny.
Agreed that they shouldn't have as many as they do, but I think every team deserves to play Friday night's. I'd have it something like this -

Bottom 6 sides - At least 1 Friday night game each
Middle 6 sides - At least 2 Friday night games each
Top 6 sides - At least 3 Friday night games each

You lot dry yer eyes and hope your team wins this weekend some of us are less fortunate.
Makes no difference when my team plays,if I can I watch does it matter what day and what time slot?
Not for me but then an unappealing game of AFL won’t ruin my day,week,weekend I simply don’t watch.

Anyway enjoy yer teams success this season however fleeting it may be.

It sucks but they don't get many so eh we can deal for one week. I agree though that Carlton should be fixed to sat and sun afternoon until they get their s**t straight. Saints at the very least have some vague potential at times.

Anyone who thought Carlton were going to be good has NFI. St Kilda and Melbourne, sure, they were tracking alright. But Carlton were down with North and the Suns with no sign of a drastic jump.
We were never as bad as our position in 2017. Most people in the football media and general public have NFI about us and jumped on the wooden spoon battle in round 23 as a sign of things to come.
9 wins with 3 losses by 17, 16 and 10.
Only Melbourne, Port and Geelong have really got hold of us. And even then they were all 5-6 goal losses.

Can see it getting ugly this weekend though.

2018 must be the year of the whinge, never seen so much complaining and whinging ever than i have this year.

Maybe watch the game thinking who knows it could be a good game between two lowly sides but noooo, most of you have already decided it is going to be s**t and that is how your going to view it, in a negative fashion where every mistake will be frowned upon and every piece of good play will be missed because your still whinging about the mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does the AFL come up with the fixture?
Great way to kick the weekend off with a bore fest.
15th vs woodern spooners who aren't AFL standard.
What a joke!

On Oppo F1S using BigFooty.com mobile app
Actually it starts on Thursday night with Crows v Geelong, which when the fixture was done presented as a good match. But point taken. Expect the TV ratings for St Kilda V Carlton to be poor which will piss Ch 7 off big time and impact on future TV rights negotiations. If I was Ch 7 I'd be demanding a floating fixture for prime time slots, not one based on wishful thinking by the AFL

Saints have 3 Friday night games in last 7 rounds, Carlton have 2.

On Oppo F1S using BigFooty.com mobile app

Considering Hawthorn only get 1 Friday night game all season, that just makes me sick. We had a crap year last year (still only just missed finals) and they sunk the knife in quick and scrapped our Friday night prime time opportunities. Yet these two teams seem to be playing every 2nd week. Crazy crazy

Considering Hawthorn only get 1 Friday night game all season, that just makes me sick. We had a crap year last year (still only just missed finals) and they sunk the knife in quick and scrapped our Friday night prime time opportunities. Yet these two teams seem to be playing every 2nd week. Crazy crazy
Up until now St Kilda have had one Friday game all year, and it was Good Friday in the afternoon - so it wasn't even a Friday night game. Next week we're playing Richmond in Maddie's Match which was completely justifiable coming into the start of the season to be on a Friday night. We also have an away game against Essendon, toss of the coin could have been either a Friday or Saturday night. Essendon probably requested it given it's their home game.

Playing Carlton this week and Hawthorn only having one all season is poor fixturing but it's not as if the Saints have been gifted all these Friday night games left, right and centre. Carlton on the other hand, it's a bit strange but there are plenty of bigger problems than who's playing who in 'primetime' slots.

I think its great that Carlton play friday night, makes it easier to not watch and put up with BT

This is the game the AFL should try zones, or change a few rules just for this game, just to see how the potential rules go for next season. I am sure they could get Carlton and St Kilda to agree, and I think a lot of people would tune in just to see how the potential new rules go.

Back