Friendliest People/Nation

Remove this Banner Ad

In your experiences is there any place where you have visited here and/or internationally where you have found the locals very nice to converse with and very hospitable?

Internationally:

*Salzburg, Vienna-Austria, people are very nice and go out of their way to say hello and when you mention your from Australia they are very interested to know about the country.

*Crete, Greece – I have been to this Greek Island on two occasions, both times locals would just walk by you on the street and they always asked how you were and said hi.

*London – Very friendly here, if you utter a sound they automatically warm more to you..the Aussie accent they love.

In Australia:

*Cairns, Qld – People also very friendly here from my experiences, they just go about their business and daily lives and seems so relaxed, if you walk past someone they always smile or say a Hi.

anywhere is portugal ( partially because they hate the spanish & still feel an affintity to england through old alliances) it's one of the few european counties where they are willing to tolerate being spoken to in english
(although an effort with obrigado /obrigada will help hugely!)

+ liverpool england, friendliest people i met

I found the friendliest people to be in England when i was living there for 12 months. But it might of been because i met a good group of people. But in general the whole of the UK are friendly. They always were giving me help and just a great bunch of people.

-Mav

Russians are great. They may seem unfriendly by apperance but that is because in their culture to smile for no reason is insincere. But if you get to know them they are the most friendly, hospitable, generous people you would want to meet.

Raskolnikov said:
Russians are great. They may seem unfriendly by apperance but that is because in their culture to smile for no reason is insincere. But if you get to know them they are the most friendly, hospitable, generous people you would want to meet.
Especially Babushkas.

Having been to the Pacific Islands I'd have to say that Fijians and Samoans are the most naturally friendly people I have ever met. Americans are reasonably friendly but not nearly as personable - those that I have met are a little standoffish and they lack curiosity.

I find Australians also rate pretty highly in the friendly stakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back