Toast From Bendigo to Etihad - Rabbit58's Journey

Remove this Banner Ad

I am hoping that this works
This is Tom's message to me.
I cannot thank this great club that we barrack for enough.
My family have Level 2 tickets in the Medallion Club in Row A and will do a social media chat with the club and some of the players after the game.
Yes you will ask yourself how someone like me can have two great looking kids.
I shrug my shoulders, I have no idea
Cheers, Neill

Had to remove the video just for my own privacy Neill.

I am in the process of trying to get it re-uploaded to the BigFooty YouTube channel .

Hope you can understand and am so glad we were able to organise this for you.

Only a few days to go now!

Cheers :thumbsu:

I've been reading your posts for a while now Neill and I didn't really know what to say. Still don't to be honest, except that I'm sorry this has happened to you and it seems like the saying about bad things happening to good people has some merit to it. Enjoy the last game mate, I'll be barracking for a win for you. <3

If anyone heard Samuel Johnson on SEN today, it would be good to help out his Love Your Sister campaign. He's a Saints fan and is having a fund raiser at the North Saints game this weekend. Neill's story is a reminder that this %$#% of a disease crushes the lives of good people. Hope people can hand over some money to help out a good cause.

the world we live in now days certainly is slanted into the negative we have news reports of racial gangs , we have xenophobic demonstrations , we have politicians spouting hate and division we have fear and distrust rammed down out throats and you look at things and think how terrible is this world.... but then you get things like this a guy the none of us have met before yet we feel as close as brothers joined by our love of our footy club .. theres a lot of negative stuff posted on the internet but the fact that this place for all our arguments and disagreemnts have eachothers backs is honestly a testiment to the fact there is a lot of good in all of us ...
hats off to Gringo another guy i dont know personally but hold in the highest regard
hats off to George a guy i dont know personally but who i have the utmost respect for
and especially a big hats off to Rabbs who i feel as if i know you more than i do some of my closest friends ...

i hope your day is everything you hope it to be and more ... i hope our boys win lose or draw make you proud to pull on our red white and black ... i think as a community on BigFooty regardless of where you are on Sunday to watch the game at three qtr time take a minute to stop raise your glass and say a silent cheers to these three guys .. i know i will ..

I am hoping that this works
This is Tom's message to me.
I cannot thank this great club that we barrack for enough.
My family have Level 2 tickets in the Medallion Club in Row A and will do a social media chat with the club and some of the players after the game.
Yes you will ask yourself how someone like me can have two great looking kids.
I shrug my shoulders, I have no idea
Cheers, Neill

the world we live in now days certainly is slanted into the negative we have news reports of racial gangs , we have xenophobic demonstrations , we have politicians spouting hate and division we have fear and distrust rammed down out throats and you look at things and think how terrible is this world.... but then you get things like this a guy the none of us have met before yet we feel as close as brothers joined by our love of our footy club .. theres a lot of negative stuff posted on the internet but the fact that this place for all our arguments and disagreemnts have eachothers backs is honestly a testiment to the fact there is a lot of good in all of us ...
hats off to Gringo another guy i dont know personally but hold in the highest regard
hats off to George a guy i dont know personally but who i have the utmost respect for
and especially a big hats off to Rabbs who i feel as if i know you more than i do some of my closest friends ...

i hope your day is everything you hope it to be and more ... i hope our boys win lose or draw make you proud to pull on our red white and black ... i think as a community on BigFooty regardless of where you are on Sunday to watch the game at three qtr time take a minute to stop raise your glass and say a silent cheers to these three guys .. i know i will ..
Well said Trav!
Like this idea a lot. Bringing all Saints together for our brothers!
This thread and Neil's inspirational bravery and courage remind us all
as to what is most important, and why we love this footy club and it's remarkable people!

Great work to all involved!!!
Wishing you all the best Rabbit and hope you have a fantastic day. Hopefully the lads salute....
..damn dust getting my eye...

And now the damn dust is getting into my eye.
Any 182cm and !08kgs I should be big enough and tough enough...reality is I couldn’t fight my way out of a wet paper bag
Many thanks for your kind thoughts and comments.
Win lose or draw I will enjoy the game watching my/our Saints play

And now the damn dust is getting into my eye.
Any 182cm and !08kgs I should be big enough and tough enough...reality is I couldn’t fight my way out of a wet paper bag
Many thanks for your kind thoughts and comments.
Win lose or draw I will enjoy the game watching my/our Saints play
Rabbs…...have a truly great day today......fingers crossed the Saints can salute and make it a memorable day for you and your family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My heart really goes out to you, Rabbit. My wife got a diagnosis of aggressive cancer a couple of years ago. She has had surgery, chemo and radiation, and I lived in the hotel by the hospital for a while. I know the smells, the fears, and the pain you and your family are going through. I send every ounce of my strength - but more importantly, every part of my soul that can experience love and joy - to you today. Live it up. Know you are loved and unique and special and touch people's lives like no one else. Cheers, brother.

Can't wait to hear the post game stories from Rabbit58

Shame we didn't get the win but was an entertaining game nonetheless :)

Yeah, I was worried at half time about a massive blow out. Thank god they kept their pride in the jumper. Hopefully the day was a good one even if we couldn't nab a win.

Yeah, I was worried at half time about a massive blow out. Thank god they kept their pride in the jumper. Hopefully the day was a good one even if we couldn't nab a win.
I felt alright with our performance. Many tipped us to win this week so whilst a loss is disappointing we didn't completely crumble - and a nice caveat of pick 3 in the draft.

Hope Neill enjoyed the experience!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back