Remove this Banner Ad

Rabbit58

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
Bacchus Marsh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi guys
I had an absolutely brilliant day yesterday and was absolutely knackered today.
I have photos to post and lots of people to thank so will set myself the task of getting myself organised tomorrow and share my amazing day with the Saint's family. Couldn't quite get it done but everyone was knocked away with the way I was looked after.
Cheers,
Neill

Hi guys
I had an absolutely brilliant day yesterday and was absolutely knackered today.
I have photos to post and lots of people to thank so will set myself the task of getting myself organised tomorrow and share my amazing day with the Saint's family. Couldn't quite get it done but everyone was knocked away with the way I was looked after.
Cheers,
Neill

I was hoping we'd get you a win Neill, glad you had a great night and were well looked after.

Rabbit58

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
Bacchus Marsh
AFL Club
St Kilda
A8575A62-BF9A-486E-90CC-DC3E73F88C85.jpeg
4C48DCDE-E902-42DC-A8B3-CAC1927944D8.jpeg
5E59E124-0416-47BB-9751-AC0440397EAA.jpeg
8908A0B3-1824-453D-9DEB-EACC7A13537D.jpeg
AC1EA8DE-A53D-40D8-B0CE-5FB54301199C.jpeg
3C74D63E-664D-44D0-A0D4-ED603A737440.jpeg
B1ABC5FB-E666-4F94-9ED3-AAED6CDB9130.jpeg
89016009-290A-4CDA-AAA6-0F84B39ABC13.jpeg

Attachments

• B8758416-8CB7-4E8A-8987-91F75D5F319C.jpeg
    B8758416-8CB7-4E8A-8987-91F75D5F319C.jpeg
    311.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 91A1C8AF-E387-4A43-BA2C-07E2F3E38944.jpeg
    91A1C8AF-E387-4A43-BA2C-07E2F3E38944.jpeg
    292.2 KB · Views: 98

Rabbit58

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
Bacchus Marsh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi guys,
Here is the latest leg of my journey. I made it to Etihad
The photos shows my family and my day with the mighty Saints. Win or not I was so proud of my boys.
I was determined to eat a hot dog despite my wife saying...”Do you know what’s in those things? They will kill you...”
Every player was wonderful, they all came over to shake my hand and ask how I was doing and I was made to feel special.
Many thanks to Mim for organising the wheelchair and doing everything that she could to make my day run smoothly and Kerry Hann for giving up her day off to make sure that I had a good day
I met Matt Finnis in one of the lifts and he came over to shake my hand to make sure that my day was set up
Dave from social media organised the players to come across and meet me....
Tom Hickey came across and said hello during the game. My new favourite player
I cannot speak highly enough about our football club. All the players thanked me for my support
I was asked about how I came to become a St Kilda supporter. I told Dave that I had 2 friends who wanted me to barrack for their teams in the mid 60’s. I must have had an argument with my friend who barracked for Essendon because I ended up barracking for the Saints.
Yes, I might have missed out on some premierships and had some dreams destroyed, but I came out with my dignity and self respect intact so I consider my choice to be a winning one.
Cheers,
Neill

Rabbit58

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
Bacchus Marsh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saving the best until last
Many many thanks to George and Gringo
I wouldn’t have had the day I had without your help and support
I’m going to plough ahead with the go fund me page and get a book published
You guys get an autographed original copy (not valued at very many dollars, but delivered from the heart)
Cheers,
Neill

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
You guys get an autographed original copy (not valued at very many dollars, but delivered from the heart)
Cheers,
Neill

Fantastic posts and pics Rabbs. Thanks for sharing and letting us all be part of your journey. :thumbsu:

:heart::mwcirlce::mbcircle:

Cheers,
Neill
Neill I was more than happy to get the ball rolling for you. People can say what they like about our football club but they love it just as much as we all do.

Looking forward to your book!

Happy to see that you had a great time with your family and glad I could help facilitate those lifelong memories for you and yours.

Great pictures too - boys are all class :thumbsu:

Rabbit58

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
Bacchus Marsh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi George
Just finished my 5th round of chemo so down to ‘big decision’ time
One more round of chemo then a PET scan followed by a visit to Peter Mac Clinic who will insert a
camera to decide whether further surgery is an option or that’s it folks, enjoy the remaining time I’ve got
Next week I’m hoping to have a gofundme page up and running with books to buy with 20 per cent of sales going to Maddie’s Vision
Cheers
Neill

QUOTE="George, post: 58005389, member: 165246"]Rabbit58 how are you going mate? Haven't heard from you in a while?[/QUOTE]

Hi George
Just finished my 5th round of chemo so down to ‘big decision’ time
One more round of chemo then a PET scan followed by a visit to Peter Mac Clinic who will insert a
camera to decide whether further surgery is an option or that’s it folks, enjoy the remaining time I’ve got
Next week I’m hoping to have a gofundme page up and running with books to buy with 20 per cent of sales going to Maddie’s Vision
Cheers
Neill

QUOTE="George, post: 58005389, member: 165246"]Rabbit58 how are you going mate? Haven't heard from you in a while?
[/QUOTE]Good luck brother.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rabbit58

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
Bacchus Marsh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Good luck. Sending you and your family my best wishes. My wife has gone through surgery, chemo and 25 radiation treatments. Standing with you and yours at this time. Xxx

Thank you so much
I’m hoping that your wife is okay and all the treatment has worked
I’m about to start my 6th round of chemo
Compared to what you and your family have been through I’ve just got started on the merry go round

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Thank you so much
I’m hoping that your wife is okay and all the treatment has worked
I’m about to start my 6th round of chemo
Compared to what you and your family have been through I’ve just got started on the merry go round
You look after yourself. Be kind to yourself. Do anything and everything that you need to do. Xxx

Rabbit58

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
Bacchus Marsh
AFL Club
St Kilda
It’s about now that I wished I had done all of those crunches I promised that I would do after watching all of that late night TV and buying a ‘stomach cruncher’
Second last day
PET scan at Peta Mac on the 16th...I just had to push the dates out because I have Cheap Trick tickets
Gofundme page almost set as well as my kindle books. I know we will need the money but my wife and I have decided that 20 per cent of my book series The Fearless Four will be donated to Maddie’s Vision
Cheers, Neill
94920B4A-C7FF-4EE6-903A-492E2AD80924.jpeg

It’s about now that I wished I had done all of those crunches I promised that I would do after watching all of that late night TV and buying a ‘stomach cruncher’
Second last day
PET scan at Peta Mac on the 16th...I just had to push the dates out because I have Cheap Trick tickets
Gofundme page almost set as well as my kindle books. I know we will need the money but my wife and I have decided that 20 per cent of my book series The Fearless Four will be donated to Maddie’s Vision
Cheers, NeillView attachment 567845
Saw Cheap Trick live when Billy Idol toured in 2015. Good stuff!! You will love it.

Hope it's all going well mate and nice for you to touch base with us again.

All the best.

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Second last day
Cheers, NeillView attachment 567845
No regrets mate, keep looking forward...Wishing you good luck and stay strong in knowing you have touched a broad range of the footy community.

Rabbit58

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
Bacchus Marsh
AFL Club
St Kilda
G'day mate, I was thinking of you today. Hope you are ok. Sending strength, hope and best wishes.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes.
Wednesday is my appointment at Peter Mac and I go with reluctance hoping for a good result but expecting bad news
Knowing what you went through with your wife I am going to take some of your positive spirit with me.

I know Neill probably doesn't want to look presumptuous but if anyone can spare a little bit of money or at least spread the word on facebook I reckon it would be a very worthy cause to get behind.

www.gofundme.com/help-fulfil-neill039s-dream

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I know Neill probably doesn't want to look presumptuous but if anyone can spare a little bit of money or at least spread the word on facebook I reckon it would be a very worthy cause to get behind.

www.gofundme.com/help-fulfil-neill039s-dream
ill get this on the Western Saints pages today hopefully we will have a couple of WA supporters come out and chip in a couple of bucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back