List Mgmt. From Footscray to the Bulldogs, welcome to the kennel Ryan Gardner

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow

To play on Kennedy or Darling

Bold move
What have we got to lose..rather give the kid a chance than see the draft horse Trengove killed. Gardiner will be a player, maybe not this week.
I’ve been banging on how poor our list management and lack of talks all year. This highlights it.

Would rather Lewis Young at CHB...

I reckon Young and English may share the ruck duties this week and rest forward.

Ah well good luck to him I hope he has a good game but it just seems a bit odd rewarding a straight call up to the seniors based on that output. Will back the match committee to make the right call

Would rather Lewis Young at CHB...

I reckon Young and English may share the ruck duties this week and rest forward.

Ah well good luck to him I hope he has a good game but it just seems a bit odd rewarding a straight call up to the seniors based on that output. Will back the match committee to make the right call
You didn't even watch his game you are going off stats. Yet you keep bleating the same line

You didn't even watch his game you are going off stats. Yet you keep bleating the same line
He has been named in the bests once all season. I am not having a dig at the bloke at all and want him to succeed, but if you think he has been banging the door down to be picked some of the other comments in this thread suggest the same outlook that I have.

Hope he kills it and has a great game

Hardly. A challenge maybe,but in a list that is deficient in that type of player, replacing Boyd with a similar type tall isn’t a slap in the face to anyone.

Nah but giving the guy a game when he hasnt sat in 1 single AFL team meeting, or trained ore than once with the guys he is going to play with is a slap in the face. Lets not mention he is coming off an average game at best.

3 disposals is even poor for a lockdown defender these days.
Dont reckon other AFL players at footscray are thinking - how can he come in when we have done all the work - when we have showe dmore at VFL level and AFL level. I think there would be a few with noses out of joint. Young and Roberts amongst them.

Nah but giving the guy a game when he hasnt sat in 1 single AFL team meeting, or trained ore than once with the guys he is going to play with is a slap in the face. Lets not mention he is coming off an average game at best.

Dont reckon other AFL players at footscray are thinking - how can he come in when we have done all the work - when we have showe dmore at VFL level and AFL level. I think there would be a few with noses out of joint. Young and Roberts amongst them.

I think he's playing forward, which makes sense as he's kicked more goals than Schache has while only having two games as a forward. If he does play defence I'd be surprised but maybe we view him as a proper full back and Young as more of a second or third tall.

Being honest none of them have really been banging the door down. They’ve all been given chances and haven’t really demanded a spot.

See how he goes. If he’s a flop then he’ll be out and they’ll get another go but it’s quite telling that we need talls, to the extent we are turning to a player that wasn’t on our list, yet these guys aren’t getting a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remarkable. Had 3 touches in defence on the weekend. Resting up for a debut?

They may try him in defence and Trengove in the ruck/forward role again, based on Bev’s comments about Trengove a couple weeks ago.
We went well when Trenners was forward with Naughton - was that the Richmond game?

How are these better than Schaches stats? Can this bloke play or does he have potential?
From what I've read this week, he only played the first 3 games of 2019 VFL as a key forward and played as a key defender since then.
8 goals from 3 games is a decent return for a forward.
Not sure if we intend to use him in the AFL as a forward or back though?

From what I've read this week, he only played the first 3 games of 2019 VFL as a key forward and played as a key defender since then.
8 goals from 3 games is a decent return for a forward.
Not sure if we intend to use him in the AFL as a forward or back though?

Get him up forward I reckon and see how he goes.

Not really. Its actually a refection on the football department as a whole and their willingness to go into the season with one known quality tall in Naughton, a 36 year old cornerstone in Morris, a jack of all trades master of none in Trengove, a single limited but known quantity back up tall in Fletcher Roberts, two developing talls in Schache and Young both of whom's futures are uncertain and their rolling the dice on the return of Tom Boyd to the side. Hindsight being what it is, it would seem that strategy has proven to be somewhat flawed.

Due to their long history and inability to recruit, draft, retain or develop quality talls, with Gardiner coming straight into the side this week, anybody that has an recent association with the football department should be the ones feeling the metaphorical "slap in the face."

Good luck to him, he's either been given the golden opportunity of filling what in effect is a massive void in our team or the poison chalice of being a bulldogs tall.

My naturally optimistic nature bristled at this post and I instinctively hit the reply button to start typing my rebuttal.

And then I thought - nah, fair enuf really....

Reckon they’ve been hiding him a bit?

Reckon they’ve been hiding him a bit?
hard to say, but i do know this. He played against Box hill and rather then have him on roughhead, they chose to put william on him instead, who got schooled... literally at one point.

I don't know one way or the other, but I do know that there are less questions left unanswered if you lean toward they did.

hard to say, but i do know this. He played against Box hill and rather then have him on roughhead, they chose to put william on him instead, who got schooled... literally at one point.

I don't know one way or the other, but I do know that there are less questions left unanswered if you lean toward they did.
I suspect there's an element of it although I'm not comfortable with it.

Either way I'm hoping he'll surprise a few on Sunday. The first surprise (to some) will be if he starts in the forward line. The second surprise (to a few more) will be if it's NOT alongside Naughton.

Wherever he plays let's hope he plays well. It's a massive vote of confidence to throw him straight into the seniors for his AFL debut. I'm hoping Power, Bev and MC have in fact got it right.

I recall the first game of one D Morris, chucked in the deep end against one A McLeod...
In other news, lightning struck twice in the same spot on a beach near me a couple of years back.
He spent the first quarter on Ricciuto before going to McLeod who was killing it, I'd forgotten that until an interview on SEN last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back