Certified Legendary Thread From Injustice to International Cup glory - the Renee Tong story continues

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember reading this thread when it first began but didn't come back until now to read what transpired. What an awesome read. Well done Renee!

Finally got to page 90. A great read and a great story, which took me since early this week and have now just finished shortly after Steve Smith got his double ton at Lords. To be honest, I do feel a bit for our villains (not for their actions, but they did cop a bit which was over the top at times...it's not like BF was taking on Hitler...!), and I hope they do actually succeed in barrel racing, weirdly enough...as Supernintendo Chalmers said, "it's all just a goddamned popularity contest..."...!

Well done Renee, but well done to every single one of those girls and boys who came over to this country and played in this comp. Some positively huge stories (my favourite has always been the Peace team), which beat the absolute f### out of other sports who make a big deal over their international rep structure, especially when bignoting themselves against Australian footy...tonight North played Essendon in a grudge match with spite while Liverpool played the Brisbane Roar in the most pointless borefest any of those Liverpool players will make a million dollars a minute for...! Renee Tong and the rest of these players represent the purest of reasons why we follow this sport, which we often lose sight of even with our own teams...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys,

You are all so quick with the updates haha. I did make the Northern Lights this time around and the feeling is unbelievable to say the least. The tryout weekend was stacked with so many great athletes and you are all in for a treat when you see the Lights play next year - the level keeps getting better!

Hey guys,

You are all so quick with the updates haha. I did make the Northern Lights this time around and the feeling is unbelievable to say the least. The tryout weekend was stacked with so many great athletes and you are all in for a treat when you see the Lights play next year - the level keeps getting better!

Congratulations!

Hey guys,

Noticed you front and centre of AFL Canadas facebook banner pic https://www.facebook.com/AFLCanada/posts/962574580520420

Renee doesn't have a barrel racer to beat this time to fund her International Cup trip, but she does have a crowd-funding page.

The British, Kiwis and Papua New Guineans look like big possible debutants, so every bit of preparation can help.

Check out her page to help this legend defend the Northern Lights' International Cup title:
https://makeachamp.com/reneetong

Renee doesn't have a barrel racer to beat this time to fund her International Cup trip, but she does have a crowd-funding page.

The British, Kiwis and Papua New Guineans look like big possible debutants, so every bit of preparation can help.

Check out her page to help this legend defend the Northern Lights' International Cup title:

I could get behind this.

Thanks for sharing that for me :) I don't have the same spicy drama for you all this year, but would still appreciate any support to get me ready for the IC next year. A donation of a few dollars or even some encouraging words would make my day. I will be updating the fundraising page with how training and prep is going! If you want to follow along, please do.

Couldn't give a flying * about any barrel racers etc from last time, but chucked in some dollars for a great footy cause (having forgotten to check the Canadian/Australian exchange rate first!!)

After the success of this whole thread, I suppose Canada is sort of BigFooty's unofficial team at the IC. Can't wait to see Renee and Canada do well :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back