News From MS Paint to National Kit Supplier - The AMS Clothing Story

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
This is really cool and I thought it deserved its own thread so it doesn't get lost in the random chat or soccer kits threads.

For anybody who listens to the Santo, Sam And Ed podcast, you will know that Ed Kavalee is basically one of us - he's a massive kit nerd. He often talks about his love of soccer kits and he's conned the boys into doing a cast featuring a guy named Luke Westcott. Luke is the founder/owner/designer for a company called AMS Clothing. He started out designing AFL jumpers for fun on MS Paint, and now supplies Soccer kits to under-resourced nations and clubs in Africa.

I won't say too much more, because I suggest you all watch the episode instead. You can watch it here on ABC iView. Goes for about half an hour, but its well worth it.

You can check out his website as well to see some of his designs, where they can also be purchased.

His story is so good and lets be honest, I reckon there is a very good chance he's posted on this board at some point. If you're out there Luke, reveal yourself so we can all give you the kudos you deserve!

This is really cool and I thought it deserved its own thread so it doesn't get lost in the random chat or soccer kits threads.

For anybody who listens to the Santo, Sam And Ed podcast, you will know that Ed Kavalee is basically one of us - he's a massive kit nerd. He often talks about his love of soccer kits and he's conned the boys into doing a cast featuring a guy named Luke Westcott. Luke is the founder/owner/designer for a company called AMS Clothing. He started out designing AFL jumpers for fun on MS Paint, and now supplies Soccer kits to under-resourced nations and clubs in Africa.

I won't say too much more, because I suggest you all watch the episode instead. You can watch it here on ABC iView. Goes for about half an hour, but its well worth it.

You can check out his website as well to see some of his designs, where they can also be purchased.

His story is so good and lets be honest, I reckon there is a very good chance he's posted on this board at some point. If you're out there Luke, reveal yourself so we can all give you the kudos you deserve!
I watched this and straight away went searching on here for the some of the international AFL designs he said he did.

I don't really want to watch Santo, Sam, or Ed because they make me cringe so *in much. So, he used to post on here? Used Smeagle's templates?

Man, I'm really loving this. There are actually some pretty great designs in there; the red South Sudan one especially. You can really sense Ed's passion when he asks about all the little details that the Eritrea FA care about.

Had to laugh at the gags about the South Sudanese war lords too!! Seriously, guys, watch it. Kit nerds will love it.

I knew this was his kit as soon as I heard him mention South Sudan! Considering the colours he has to work with, he nailed this one especially.

But wow, I just checked out the rest of the site. It really shows that Luke and his employees care about the African nations as opposed to the bigger companies. It was so good to see Ed getting excited too. A seriously great half hour :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive bump, but I was reading through footyheadlines and found this, great detail in the twitter thread referenced.

Massive bump, but I was reading through footyheadlines and found this, great detail in the twitter thread referenced.
Until football shirts start costing less than 150 ******* bucks i reckon i could not give less of a s**t about fakes. In fact, it's nice to have an alternative. The fakes they make these days are amazing.

Lol at this loser tagging Nike and Adidas in his post. They don't give a s**t man, they charge an insane mark up on stuff that costs them a dollar to make in labour markets with terrible conditions.

Until football shirts start costing less than 150 ******* bucks i reckon i could not give less of a s**t about fakes. In fact, it's nice to have an alternative. The fakes they make these days are amazing.

Lol at this loser tagging Nike and Adidas in his post. They don't give a s**t man, they charge an insane mark up on stuff that costs them a dollar to make in labour markets with terrible conditions.

Yeah in this day and age, I see almost zero difference between a “real” and “fake” jersey when it comes to soccer gear. They all come out of cheap labour factories in Asia, the only real difference is the price.

I’ve picked up a number of fakes, mostly to wear as opposed to collect, and honestly I’ve noticed no difference in quality to what can be bought at Rebel etc. I’ve even compared the fakes to the real deals and yeah, you’re throwing away $80-100 for the sake of it being “authentic” without any real point of difference.

The post does have some Karen-esque vibes of someone who got fooled, particularly @ing Victoria police and the Melbourne, Florida PD. Personally have no issue with fakes as they can often be easier to get my hands on in the case of teams overseas that may not ship here, or even have an online store and aren't bad to wear.

Do think he could be in s**t though, this guy has seemingly tagged everyone in the universe and it only takes one of them to go after him and he could be done for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back