Universal Love From The CEO's Desk (Cain Liddle)

New guy speaks; clear not using Trigg's underline-happy ghost writer.....

LQ1XS60QNrzIV0UrnMcLgiNKNn6pEv8LZdlmINWeTFmfgeHOk7mY2DUOx10UlzaF9JZQQuP3lZCUaSGBzjlu6wMUH2XXF-rHnKxE20fF7AcKzG_fTf7YKmwvOGTIAyf0DX47tXXPuH49uAvjQrCqrDj1oyS0vwhR4EkZxEs7A44=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear ferrisb,

I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself to our members as I wrap up my first week at the Carlton Football Club.

I’m incredibly grateful for the opportunity to join this club as Chief Executive and from the outset, I have been impressed by the commitment and enthusiasm of our staff, and football department, led by senior coach Brendon Bolton.

With the full playing list returning to the Club this week, we begin our pre-season campaign for season 2018 before quickly turning our attention to the AFL National Draft in Sydney next week. Having two top 10 picks (3 and 10), we’ll be active early in the Draft as we continue our strategy to recruit elite young talent, under the guidance of list manager Stephen Silvagni.

Our members would also now be aware of Sam Docherty’s knee injury. Sam is a resilient individual and we know he will approach his rehabilitation process with the same determination that we have witnessed him display on the field in his time at Carlton. Much the same as Chris Judd’s injury provided an opportunity for Patrick Cripps to step into the midfield and Sam Rowe’s injury provided Liam Jones with his opportunity down back, we look forward to other young players emerging through the opportunity they will receive.

Next week, the pre-season campaign for our AFLW program commences as our players turn their sights to the second year of the AFL Women’s competition. Led by senior coach Damien Keeping, we will welcome a number of new players to our group who are set to wear the navy blue for the first time when we face Collingwood in Round 1 at Ikon Park on Friday 2 February.

Off the field, we are working hard to renew all our current members and we are preparing our member acquisition campaigns for early 2018. We are blessed to have one of the AFL’s biggest supporter bases and we have every intention of harnessing this competitive advantage and converting our supporter base into one of the game’s biggest membership bases over the next few years.

We are also very excited about the re-development of Ikon Park and discussions with key stakeholders are progressing well. I look forward to keeping Carlton members abreast of these discussions.

I’m excited to be sharing this next chapter with you and look forward to meeting some of our loyal members at the upcoming Member Forum on Wednesday 29 November. For more information about the Member Forum, please click here.

Go Blues!

Cain Liddle
Chief Executive
Member ID: 21499500

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
New guy speaks; clear not using Trigg's underline-happy ghost writer.....

LQ1XS60QNrzIV0UrnMcLgiNKNn6pEv8LZdlmINWeTFmfgeHOk7mY2DUOx10UlzaF9JZQQuP3lZCUaSGBzjlu6wMUH2XXF-rHnKxE20fF7AcKzG_fTf7YKmwvOGTIAyf0DX47tXXPuH49uAvjQrCqrDj1oyS0vwhR4EkZxEs7A44=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear ferrisb,

I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself to our members as I wrap up my first week at the Carlton Football Club.

I’m incredibly grateful for the opportunity to join this club as Chief Executive and from the outset, I have been impressed by the commitment and enthusiasm of our staff, and football department, led by senior coach Brendon Bolton.

With the full playing list returning to the Club this week, we begin our pre-season campaign for season 2018 before quickly turning our attention to the AFL National Draft in Sydney next week. Having two top 10 picks (3 and 10), we’ll be active early in the Draft as we continue our strategy to recruit elite young talent, under the guidance of list manager Stephen Silvagni.

Our members would also now be aware of Sam Docherty’s knee injury. Sam is a resilient individual and we know he will approach his rehabilitation process with the same determination that we have witnessed him display on the field in his time at Carlton. Much the same as Chris Judd’s injury provided an opportunity for Patrick Cripps to step into the midfield and Sam Rowe’s injury provided Liam Jones with his opportunity down back, we look forward to other young players emerging through the opportunity they will receive.

Next week, the pre-season campaign for our AFLW program commences as our players turn their sights to the second year of the AFL Women’s competition. Led by senior coach Damien Keeping, we will welcome a number of new players to our group who are set to wear the navy blue for the first time when we face Collingwood in Round 1 at Ikon Park on Friday 2 February.

Off the field, we are working hard to renew all our current members and we are preparing our member acquisition campaigns for early 2018. We are blessed to have one of the AFL’s biggest supporter bases and we have every intention of harnessing this competitive advantage and converting our supporter base into one of the game’s biggest membership bases over the next few years.

We are also very excited about the re-development of Ikon Park and discussions with key stakeholders are progressing well. I look forward to keeping Carlton members abreast of these discussions.

I’m excited to be sharing this next chapter with you and look forward to meeting some of our loyal members at the upcoming Member Forum on Wednesday 29 November. For more information about the Member Forum, please click here.

Go Blues!

Cain Liddle
Chief Executive
Member ID: 21499500
Not as funny as your usual material... 3/10.

pinot

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Has one of the toughest jobs in the AFL raising our membership numbers. Good luck to him.

Trigg done a good job too I thought despite memberships were seriously underwhelming.

Wish him the best but even he knows he wasn't close to our preferred hire.

The way I see it, Wick, that's possibly incorrect and probably irrelevant now.

Incorrect? Lots of speculation reported on the appointment. My best guess is MLG wanted Lethlean, the panel wanted Liddle. At worst Liddle was our second choice after Lethlean talks blew up. At best the panel thought he was better.

Irrelevant? A resume gets you a job. Your performance in that role is what keeps you employed. Imagine Bolts was our 2nd choice when we appointed him. 2 years in and he's seemingly everything we'd hoped for. We wouldn't care now if we had originally wanted someone else two years ago.

In a lot of ways, Liddle's appointment mirrors Bolts'. A young, impressive candidate who was 2IC at a successful club (Richmond off-field, Hawks on-field). Whereas Lethlean was a big name, with a big reputation but had no club experience and ultimately may not have been the right man for the job.

Not knowing Liddle, but going off what we do know about him, at this stage I'm quite happy with our 'booby prize'....

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
I like the fact he grew up in Brunswick, just up the road from PP. He would already feel a strong affinity to the area. Like coming home.

Nori

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
What I really found impressive about Liddle's Q&A is that he's not just planning to transplanting everything he did at Richmond into Carlton. Obviously there are learnings that are directly relevant to Carlton, but when he was asked about Richmond's Aligned Leisure business he talked about skills that are specific to Carlton and the partnership they have with LaTrobe Uni to develop an Education Institute Program. To me he seems like a really shrewd operator.

I think Liddle's going to be as important to Carlton's next premiership aspirations as both Bolts and SOS.

Back