Universal Love From the CEO's Desk

Remove this Banner Ad

and the increased support from ZTE (telecommunications). In turn, if you have the opportunity to support these great companies, who are supporting Carlton, please do.

I noticed that Mozilla are dropping Firefox OS, so the ZTE Open C is the end of the line. If ZTE joined the Sailfish Alliance I might be interested but if they're just producing cheap HTC/Samsung knockoffs running Android then what's the point of difference?

I noticed that Mozilla are dropping Firefox OS, so the ZTE Open C is the end of the line. If ZTE joined the Sailfish Alliance I might be interested but if they're just producing cheap HTC/Samsung knockoffs running Android then what's the point of difference?
Interesting. Not to drag this thread off topic, but I've had the ZTE Open C (Firefox OS) as a secondary/work phone for about a year and while it wasn't perfect in any way and lacking in some areas, it was by far the most battery efficient smartphone I've ever known, often lasting easily a week or more without intense usage.

Anyway yes I'd like to support ZTE and therefore indirectly Carlton so hopefully they offer something other than el cheapo Android phone #599068

Great email from Triggy.

Nothing new in it for me, but not every Carlton member spends as much time reading about the club as many of us do here.

If I was a casual fan, I would read it and genuinely be excited about the direction of the club. And be well informed about what's going on.

Luckily, Triggy hasn't gone too hard on the sales pitch either and thankfully has refrained from urinating in our pockets. Good to see the general theme of 'things are looking up, but still plenty to do'.

Very excited about a game at PP and also the prospect of better fan engagement in 2016.

Still a very long tunnel ahead, but I am really liking what I'm seeing off-field just as much as the steps being taken to fix on-field performance.

ZTE make phones, as you might have seen bombarded on the MCG scoreboard this past season.

For those of us too poor/stingy to buy an iPhone, they're typically found as pre-paid handsets you can buy at Colesworth or in the bargain section at JB/Dick Smith.

and in Discussions with Dylan

Great email from Triggy.

Nothing new in it for me, but not every Carlton member spends as much time reading about the club as many of us do here.

If I was a casual fan, I would read it and genuinely be excited about the direction of the club. And be well informed about what's going on.

Luckily, Triggy hasn't gone too hard on the sales pitch either and thankfully has refrained from urinating in our pockets. Good to see the general theme of 'things are looking up, but still plenty to do'.

Very excited about a game at PP and also the prospect of better fan engagement in 2016.

Still a very long tunnel ahead, but I am really liking what I'm seeing off-field just as much as the steps being taken to fix on-field performance.
keep it on topic please, we're talking about mobile phones. Sheesh.

ZTE make phones, as you might have seen bombarded on the MCG scoreboard this past season.

For those of us too poor/stingy to buy an iPhone, they're typically found as pre-paid handsets you can buy at Colesworth or in the bargain section at JB/Dick Smith.

What ???

iphones and apple os/pcs are one of the worst pieces of crap ever invented, if you pay the extortion rates for those then you only have yourself to blame. I am just quoting and attacking(with a smile and kindness) the notion that iphones are the best and anyone that doesn't have one for those reasons you listed...when in actual fact to a tech savvy person iphones/apple are not that great at all. It depends what you want honestly. iphones are categorized to me - as things to have to show off to people you got something. sure they make calls, send texts - like a phone should. I shouldnt talk, I have 1 of each - android, windows and iphone(which is a work phone and a piece of s**t and only used to make calls)

What ???

iphones and apple os/pcs are one of the worst pieces of crap ever invented, if you pay the extortion rates for those then you only have yourself to blame. I am just quoting and attacking(with a smile and kindness) the notion that iphones are the best and anyone that doesn't have one for those reasons you listed...when in actual fact to a tech savvy person iphones/apple are not that great at all. It depends what you want honestly. iphones are categorized to me - as things to have to show off to people you got something. sure they make calls, send texts - like a phone should. I shouldnt talk, I have 1 of each - android, windows and iphone(which is a work phone and a piece of s**t and only used to make calls)
Relax, Simon.

I don't use an Apple but the rest of the family do - and try to brainwash me!

But nor am I a great fan of Goog and their android platfiorm which is why I'd welcomee zte and sailfish

Relax, Simon.

I don't use an Apple but the rest of the family do - and try to brainwash me!

But nor am I a great fan of Goog and their android platfiorm which is why I'd welcomee zte and sailfish

I know i was just ranting for the sake of it. You are cool, and this isn't the bay as I wasn't attacking you.

fwiw the extremists islamic state are brainwashing people too. That is what sheeple do.

;)

That's okay, Wiggo4PM rant as much as you need. :)

And before a mod cleans up this thread as off-topic, tempting fate :(, I'd just like to inform MEB_ and other confused individuals that Jolla and the Sailfish team are Finnish ex-employees of Nokia, so they should known something about electronics.

Interesting. Not to drag this thread off topic, but I've had the ZTE Open C (Firefox OS) as a secondary/work phone for about a year and while it wasn't perfect in any way and lacking in some areas, it was by far the most battery efficient smartphone I've ever known, often lasting easily a week or more without intense usage.

Anyway yes I'd like to support ZTE and therefore indirectly Carlton so hopefully they offer something other than el cheapo Android phone #599068
I thought I'd try Firefox OS as a way of honing my HTML5 skills but haven't released anything on github yet. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't agree more. Motherboard Bluetooth Extension Cord.

What ???

i have phone.

What ???

How many people with iPhones do you reckon are tech savvy to your level though? .001% of the people with them? If you're happy with what you have so be it. I have an HTC M8 (damn you releasing M9 so soon) and I love it. I probably use about 20% of its capabilities but I sleep ok nontheless.

How many people with iPhones do you reckon are tech savvy to your level though? .001% of the people with them? If you're happy with what you have so be it. I have an HTC M8 (damn you releasing M9 so soon) and I love it. I probably use about 20% of its capabilities but I sleep ok nontheless.
I get frustrated with iPhone users sometimes, not because they don't know what they are using / doing, but because they see me with a Nexus 5 or something similar and ask "What is that? Why don't you just go buy an iPhone? They are the best."

"Err... no. Thanks."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back