Official Club Stuff From The President - Club officially debt free 1st Feb 2021!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked very impressive. Say what you will about the Pres, but he's delivered off-field. Well done.

Agreed. Get your off-field right and your on-field usually follows. Rare does it happen the other way around.

Although it's fair to criticize the lack of on-field success I do hope that people recognize that the on-field success that comes under Sayers began with the hard work done off-field under the stewardship of the current regime. As difficult as that may be for some to swallow.

Yesterday's email ...

Alternate text

Dear Aph,

Following the State Government’s announcement yesterday of a lockdown for all of Victoria, I regret to advise that the Board has decided to defer the General Meeting scheduled for 17 August 2021.

This current lockdown, with Stage 4 restrictions in place until at least late next week, means that as it stands the Club would be unable to hold the General Meeting in person, due to limits on indoor gatherings.

We will instead look to reschedule to coincide with the Club’s AGM, which will be held following the conclusion of the 2021 Financial Year, in the hope members will be allowed to attend without a restriction on attendance.

The clear preference for the Board is and always has been for this General Meeting, which proposes such significant reforms, to be held in person. However, the current COVID landscape and the uncertainty relating to locally-transmitted community cases makes this naturally difficult. Postponing the members' consideration of these reforms to the Club’s next AGM gives the greatest runway to enable this to happen.

The Club looks forward to bringing our members together to vote on the proposed constitutional reforms which include recognition of First Nations people, acknowledgement of all genders; particularly our AFLW athletes, the recognition of our AFL members, extension to minimum timeframe of Presidency period, amending Director retirement by rotation provisions and the update of dated governance provisions.

This delay will also allow members more time to consider the proposed amendments and understand how these changes will ensure your Club has the optimum structure and governance arrangements to ensure we can achieve a key objective of sustained success into the future.

I regret that this delay will be disappointing for those of you who have been part of the various reference groups and worked hard to achieve these reforms.

Later in the year the Club will send further information and details for how to vote.

I trust you and your families are all staying safe and healthy as we navigate through another lockdown and as always, thank you for your support of the Club.

Mark LoGiudice
President
Member ID: 1201017

Yesterday's email ...

Alternate text

Dear Aph,

Following the State Government’s announcement yesterday of a lockdown for all of Victoria, I regret to advise that the Board has decided to defer the General Meeting scheduled for 17 August 2021.

This current lockdown, with Stage 4 restrictions in place until at least late next week, means that as it stands the Club would be unable to hold the General Meeting in person, due to limits on indoor gatherings.

We will instead look to reschedule to coincide with the Club’s AGM, which will be held following the conclusion of the 2021 Financial Year, in the hope members will be allowed to attend without a restriction on attendance.

The clear preference for the Board is and always has been for this General Meeting, which proposes such significant reforms, to be held in person. However, the current COVID landscape and the uncertainty relating to locally-transmitted community cases makes this naturally difficult. Postponing the members' consideration of these reforms to the Club’s next AGM gives the greatest runway to enable this to happen.

The Club looks forward to bringing our members together to vote on the proposed constitutional reforms which include recognition of First Nations people, acknowledgement of all genders; particularly our AFLW athletes, the recognition of our AFL members, extension to minimum timeframe of Presidency period, amending Director retirement by rotation provisions and the update of dated governance provisions.

This delay will also allow members more time to consider the proposed amendments and understand how these changes will ensure your Club has the optimum structure and governance arrangements to ensure we can achieve a key objective of sustained success into the future.

I regret that this delay will be disappointing for those of you who have been part of the various reference groups and worked hard to achieve these reforms.

Later in the year the Club will send further information and details for how to vote.

I trust you and your families are all staying safe and healthy as we navigate through another lockdown and as always, thank you for your support of the Club.

Mark LoGiudice
President
Member ID: 1201017
That's a win to Vince Loccisano

Can't seem to find a 2018 thread for the Pres. I know we have a thread for the Ceo.

If anyone can find it, let me know & I will merge it.

5ac78767-34be-44e6-8531-6c455da87f11.jpg

Dear Aphrodite,

As a valued member of our Club, I am pleased to inform you first this evening, that two of Australia’s leading business professionals, Patty Kinnersly and David Campbell, will join the Carlton Football Club Board of Directors this year.

Executive Deputy Chairman of Spotlight Group, Zac Fried, will retire from the Board at the conclusion of the season, while Australian Sex Discrimination Commissioner, Kate Jenkins, has tendered her resignation and will finish in her role as Director following the July Board meeting.

The independent nominations committee has recommended to the Board that Patty Kinnersly be appointed as a Director of the Club with Zac Fried’s impending retirement, while the Board also accepted the recommendation of the committee in the appointment of David Campbell following the casual vacancy made by Kate Jenkins’ departure.

We reluctantly accepted but understood Kate’s decision to move on from her position as Board Member of the Club, due to her increasing commitments and travel requirements as Australian Sex Discrimination Commissioner. Kate was instrumental in the establishment of our AFLW program, and more recently our VFLW program, as well as her drive and guidance in establishing our Carlton Respects initiative back in 2016. Her passion for a united approach across the organisation should be widely commended, and her extensive experience in the areas of law, governance, community and diversity has been a wonderful asset for our football club.

After 12 years of service as a Director, Zac will retire at the end of the season. Having been instrumental in leading the brand and marketing committee, Zac has also guided the Club through a number of challenging times during his tenure. His commitment and the manner in which he has approached driving the Carlton Football Club forward has been significant.

On a personal note, I would like to take this opportunity to thank both Kate and Zac for their significant and wide-ranging contributions to our Club. They will always remain part of the Carlton Football Club family.

The appointments of both Patty and David to our Board reflect our continued commitment to good governance and to building a skills-based Board aligned to the needs of the Club. Reflecting our significant investment in women’s football, Patty will make history by becoming our first designated Board member to manage the AFLW/VFLW programs, working closely with fellow director Chris Judd across the Club’s football programs. We believe this is an incredibly strong appointment for our Board in strengthening our commitment to women’s football.

Patty is currently Chief Executive Officer of Our Watch, a national organisation driving change in cultures, attitudes and behaviours against domestic violence. With her insight and guidance, she will continue to enhance the work of our Club’s flagship community program in Carlton Respects, as well as our community and diversity programs more broadly. Alongside an extensive corporate career in senior roles across the health sector and over a decade of governance experience, Patty has 14 years of playing experience in the VWFL for the Ballarat Lions, Fairfield Falcons and Parkside Magpies, playing in five premierships and representing Victoria on 10 occasions, twice as captain.

Similarly, the appointment of David provides the Club with the expertise to continue our pursuit to become one of Australia’s sporting employers of choice by appointing quality people in the right roles and improving leadership and culture both on and off the field. David has already established strong relationships with the Carlton Football Club as an external contributor since 2015, playing a significant role in the appointments of both senior coach Brendon Bolton and Chief Executive Officer Cain Liddle, along with other key executives in recent years.

In his role as Director and Partner at Egon Zehnder International, David boasts extensive knowledge and experience relating to organisational culture and leadership and will superbly lead our refreshed People and Culture portfolio to assist in the continuing cultural shift and talent development of our proud football club.

As we continue to improve and modernise the Carlton Football Club across all facets of the organisation, we know the impending appointments of Patty and David will be very strong additions in assisting to take this Club forward, towards our next period of success both on and off the field.

David will commence his position at the end of July, while Patty will officially join the Board at the end of the season.

Go Blues!

Yours sincerely,

6d55968b-54d9-40b3-a124-93b4545f3966.png

Mark LoGiudice
President, Carlton Football Club
Yes, but do these new Board members actually know anything about footy??

Today's email ...

MLo finishes up this week.

60165f365058b.jpg

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
Dear Aph,

As communicated to you earlier this year, this season is to be my last as President of the Carlton Football Club, with my tenure officially concluding this week, whereby I will formally complete my extensive handover to incoming President, Luke Sayers.

I have full trust and confidence that Luke as President, and the Board of Directors, will continue the work of growing the entire football club, delivering on-field success for all our teams and importantly serving you, and all our members. Stability and managed succession are still the keys to the future success of this football club.

I’d like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for the support and patience you have afforded me and the Board during my tenure.

With your support, and with a total unified club effort, by our Board, our players, our staff, our members and our commercial partners and sponsors, we have delivered:
  • Record membership (81,302 members in 2021).
  • Record sponsorship with multiple long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships that demonstrate a significant show of faith in the direction of our club. We are incredibly grateful for their support.
  • A skills-based Board with strong governance, strategy, succession and accountability.
  • The establishment of a Reconciliation Action Plan.
  • A flagship community program in Carlton Respects that raises awareness of gender equality for the prevention of violence against women.
  • The establishment of a women’s team in the inaugural AFLW competition, an historic achievement for our club.
  • A club that for the first time since 1996 is debt free and no longer a financially assisted club of the AFL.
  • A strong financial position that will enable us to continue to increase our investment in all our football programs.
  • Record revenue including new, non-traditional revenue streams through Carlton IN Business and Carlton College of Sport, and;
  • The largest infrastructure project for IKON Park, which will provide fully integrated, elite facilities for all our teams, better conditions for our members to watch games, and provide an interactive museum displaying our rich history. IKON Park will continue to be the home of the Carlton Football Club long into the future.

Despite these many achievements, the key objective and responsibility remains to deliver improvement in our on-field performances each year. To this point, the Club has undertaken a review of the football department with the key focus on our AFL team.

The independent, external panel last week provided an update to incoming President Luke Sayers and the Board. This update was part of the review process, which remains ongoing and any further updates will be communicated to members in due course.

It’s been an honour and privilege to serve you and the Club over the past 12 years as a Director, and as President over the past eight years.

My focus has always been to do what is in the best interests of the Carlton Football Club.

Thank you for entrusting me with the role of President, it is a responsibility I have never taken for granted and I thank each and every member for their support.

Mark LoGiudice
President
Member ID: 1201017[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back