Official Club Stuff From The President - Club officially debt free 1st Feb 2021!!

Remove this Banner Ad

A penalty has to be a deterrent. What the club did amounted to fraud and people were lucky they weren't charged as such and jailed.

From that moment on we continued to be arrogant, still thumbing our nose at a rebuild, a rebuild that if we had undertaken earlier, would not have seen us endure the last 2 decades
Ah yes, and of course, we were the only club to breach salary cap.

There were never clubs almost 200% over the cap or over in a Premiership* year. Nor has it ever happened since.

Ours was the one and only instance of it happening, so the penalty was justified.

I hear what you are saying about our clubs hubris, but that still didn't justify the penalty. Especially the draft/trade penalties.

Even if our punishment was justified, then why was no other clubs sanctions not even in the vicinity of ours?

I firmly believe (based on nothing tangible, I know) that there was much I'll will towards us at headquarters and we, stupidly, gave them the excuse to bring us to our needs.

Who exactly was Ron Evans, and why did he want to punish us so severely? I was a young kid during this period, so i don't have many memories to the lead up, during, and aftermath of the salary cap breaches.

I'll never forget those days when I'd go to footy training, and most kids would wear their teams guernsey, me wearing carlton and essentially getting picked on because our team had been rubbish for a few years. Those were dark times.
Good on you for sticking fat.

A penalty has to be a deterrent. What the club did amounted to fraud and people were lucky they weren't charged as such and jailed.

From that moment on we continued to be arrogant, still thumbing our nose at a rebuild, a rebuild that if we had undertaken earlier, would not have seen us endure the last 2 decades
Couldn't agree more. Dazzled by no.1 picks smacked of the same arrogance. Hiring Pagan cause he's a premiership coach, never mind he had Carey and was otherwise a dinosaur. Collins compromised by being president and and head of Optus stadium locking is into an awful deal....Sticks out of his depth and hanging around far to long.....so many antiquated decisions made.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I don't disagree it wasn't harsh, nor have they been consistent, but the act was still our doing and so were the subsequent years.

It cost you nothing (money wise) to strip back a business, in this case, undertake a rebuild, yet without playing finals for a number of years, we are debt free and record membership

Supporters aren't stupid, at either end of the scale

Speak for yourself. I am plenty stupid.

So MLG, Pratt and Mathieson comfortably re-elected. Jo great surprise there.

Onwards and upwards from here.

So they should have been giventhe alternatives. What concerns me is the lack of credible alternatives - the perception that the Bord is a closed shop could deter qualified people from running and that is bad from a corporate governance perspective.

Members email ...

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]The Carlton Football Club can confirm that its members have elected the three incumbent candidates to retain their positions on the board of the football club.

In an election process overseen by the Returning Officer, Jol Rogers with the assistance of Computershare, eligible members elected to retain current directors Mark LoGiudice (President), Jeanne Pratt and Craig Mathieson in their current positions on the board.

The overwhelming support for current Directors was communicated to members at the Club’s Annual General Meeting on Monday night.

LoGiudice will continue into his eighth year as Chairman, after becoming the Club's President in June 2014, having first joined the board in 2010.

Under LoGiudice’s tenure the Club has recently become debt free for the first time since 1996 and has commenced construction of the redevelopment, which will see Ikon Park become home to state-of-the-art training facilities and solidify the ground as the home of AFLW.

Jeanne Pratt enters her tenth year as a Board Director where she oversees the Club’s Commercial Projects Sub-Committee. She is Co-Chairman of Visy, the world’s largest privately owned paper and recycling company and as a philanthropist and arts patron is Chair of The Production Company – a not-for-profit theatrical company she founded in 1998.

Joining the Board in 2012, Craig Mathieson will continue in his role as Director, overseeing the Finance and Audit Sub-Committee.

Carlton President Mark LoGiudice expressed gratitude to all candidates and every Carlton member who took park in the election process.

“The Carlton Football Club would like to thank all candidates for their time, effort and commitment through the election process,” LoGiudice said.

“Jeanne Pratt and Craig Mathieson will continue to add valuable insight and expertise to what is a strong, skills-based board that remains committed to the delivery of the Club’s five-year strategic plan, which was launched in 2019.

“We are proud to have already delivered on one of those strategic objectives, which was to make our club debt free, and will continue to work tirelessly to ensure this football club continues to work towards a position of strength both on and off the field.

“We would like to thank every Carlton member who voted, as well as every Carlton member who took an interest in this election process. This process is crucial to the governance of our football club to make sure we, as board members, continue to be held accountable to our members – who are ultimately the heartbeat of our football club.”[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he was stepping down Dramoth :laughv1:

I'm pretty certain that there was a new bylaw instituted that put term limits on our presidents. Which is why Sticks stepped down when he did.

They did, but I was wrong about the term length.

Term of appointment
9.2.(a) Every year one third of the Directors (or the number nearest one-third) of the Board and any Director appointed pursuant to clause 9.5(a)(ii) shall retire from office as at the Friday immediately prior to the date set for the annual general meeting and each vacancy so caused be filled by the Club as hereinafter appears. The Directors to retire in each year shall be the Directors who have beenthe longest in office (since they were last elected) but as between persons who became Directors of the Board on the same day those to retire shall be determined by lot conducted by the ReturningOfficer appointed pursuant to Clause 9.4(b).
(b) A Director who holds the position of Chief Executive Officer pursuant to clause 11.13 shall not be subject to retirement as provided inclause 9.2(a). (c) Subject to Clause 9.2(d), at all times any retiring Directors shall be eligible for re election but shall be subject to the nomination process as set out in this Constitution.
(d) No Director of the Club may remain in office for more than 4 consecutive Terms of office or 12 years, whichever is the longer, such period to be calculated from 12 November 2002, subject to extension, by ordinary resolution of Ordinary members entitled to vote at meetings of the Club.

Brought in to prevent another cult of personality developing around the president of the club.

Today's email ..

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
1625797250261.png

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
Dear Aph,

With the second half of the season well underway, we thought it was an opportune time to update members on the progress of a few key items foreshadowed at the beginning of 2021.

Masterplan update
The first relates to our Masterplan, in which Stage 1 is now complete and Stage 2 has commenced.

Our media team recently captured some vision of our players’ reactions to their new facilities, at the completion of Stage 1.
This vision can be seen by clicking here. These responses serve as a reminder of why this project is important and makes us proud of the level of investment made by all involved to date.

The conclusion of Stage 1 has delivered:​
  • Reformed land use controls for the stadium incorporating the AFLW competition, cultural objectives and light towers.​
  • The first high-performance facility in the AFL that provides fully integrated facilities for all of our athletes equally, incorporating an expanded gym and new changerooms, and new office areas to deliver on our strategic plan goals.​
  • Fully integrated coaching and football administration space, housing AFL, AFLW, VFL, VFLW and pathway programs.​
  • Significantly increased medical space, including dedicated and private treatment rooms.​
  • New and expanded administration offices, including various collaboration zones, meeting rooms and quiet rooms.​
  • Multipurpose rooms to be used as a prayer room, carer’s room.​
We are incredibly proud to have achieved these key outcomes with the generous support of the State and Federal governments, as well as support from the Carlton community, the AFL and the City of Melbourne.

The commencement of Stage 2 of the redevelopment aims to achieve the following key outcomes:​
  • Broadcast standard lighting for AFLW night matches and improved training conditions.​
  • An indoor field – 50m x 25m.​
  • 25m lap-pool, steam room, hot and cold walking plunge pools, and staff amenities.​
  • Brand-new entrance, café, and retail shop, including fully immersive Carlton history and interactive content throughout.​
  • New match-day facilities for VFL, VFLW and opposition teams.​
  • Further expanded gym area.​
  • New Boardroom and business lounge area.​
  • New membership offices.​
  • Function space in addition to match-day facilities.​
  • Exploration of an imaging centre/allied health facility.​
This redevelopment will ensure that IKON Park will remain the home of the Carlton Football Club long into the future and be the preeminent venue for AFLW matches.

We are excited by the progress made so far and look forward to having our members back at IKON Park, in a COVID-safe environment when it is deemed safe to do so.

Additional videos and graphics of the Masterplan design can be found by clicking here.

Constitutional reform
The Carlton Football Club Board recently undertook a targeted review of aspects of the Club Constitution, following a commitment made to members at the Club’s AGM in February 2021.

A key driver of the review was to ensure the Constitution reflects the Club’s values as a fully inclusive community.

The review involved engaging independent advice and consulting with stakeholders to identify recommended governance changes, including recognition of all athletes and the AFL Women’s competition, acknowledgement of our Indigenous heritage, recognition of members who sign up as members through affiliate packages and Board tenure updates.

In the coming weeks, members will receive official communications from the Club that will outline the next steps of this process, which will involve eligible members having the opportunity to vote on the recommended reform.

As always, thank you for your continued support of the Blues and I trust you and your families are safe and well as we continue to navigate through an ever-changing COVID landscape.

Mark LoGiudice
President
Member ID: 1201017​
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

We'll be at or above global industry standard for training facilities when stage 2 is complete. The benefits to both AFL and AFLW playing groups will be immediate. An exciting new era for the football club.

We'll be at or above global industry standard for training facilities when stage 2 is complete. The benefits to both AFL and AFLW playing groups will be immediate. An exciting new era for the football club.

Did you watch the video Wickzki

I hadn't before. Saw this thread bumped working earlier and had to read. Good video. Thanks.. Love the progress that the club is making. We have a strong advantage having a space as large as PP and it's good to see the club beginning to make full use out of it. Especially love it for the ladies who will get to play there. Would love it if they made our ground an AFL boutique stadium. Hopefully the upgrades go some way to making that a possibility. Every small Melbourne club would be financially advantaged having a ground that requires less rent than Marvel.

I hadn't before. Saw this thread bumped working earlier and had to read. Good video. Thanks.. Love the progress that the club is making. We have a strong advantage having a space as large as PP and it's good to see the club beginning to make full use out of it. Especially love it for the ladies who will get to play there. Would love it if they made our ground an AFL boutique stadium. Hopefully the upgrades go some way to making that a possibility. Every small Melbourne club would be financially advantaged having a ground that requires less rent than Marvel.
They do not, with the removal of around 2-3000 seats plus standing room on the terrace for a reduction in capacity of around 4000.

If these new buildings had foundations/support pillars for seating to be placed on the roof, then maybe, but this was not done.

That is impressive for the stage one stuff. The imaging stuff is going to be very useful. I wonder if they are going to move the "blue" room for studying jump mechanics in there.

They do not, with the removal of around 2-3000 seats plus standing room on the terrace for a reduction in capacity of around 4000..

The original capacity of PP was 23,000 seated. If they've lost 2-3000 that is still better than a dozen or so Victorian-based games in the non-Covid 2019 season (most at MARVEL). Then its within a further 1-2000 of numerous other games.

A full house at PP with less crowds post-upgrades would be better financially than the costs of playing at MARVEL.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back