Official Club Stuff From The President - Club officially debt free 1st Feb 2021!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Can't seem to find a 2018 thread for the Pres. I know we have a thread for the Ceo.

If anyone can find it, let me know & I will merge it.

5ac78767-34be-44e6-8531-6c455da87f11.jpg

Dear Aphrodite,

As a valued member of our Club, I am pleased to inform you first this evening, that two of Australia’s leading business professionals, Patty Kinnersly and David Campbell, will join the Carlton Football Club Board of Directors this year.

Executive Deputy Chairman of Spotlight Group, Zac Fried, will retire from the Board at the conclusion of the season, while Australian Sex Discrimination Commissioner, Kate Jenkins, has tendered her resignation and will finish in her role as Director following the July Board meeting.

The independent nominations committee has recommended to the Board that Patty Kinnersly be appointed as a Director of the Club with Zac Fried’s impending retirement, while the Board also accepted the recommendation of the committee in the appointment of David Campbell following the casual vacancy made by Kate Jenkins’ departure.

We reluctantly accepted but understood Kate’s decision to move on from her position as Board Member of the Club, due to her increasing commitments and travel requirements as Australian Sex Discrimination Commissioner. Kate was instrumental in the establishment of our AFLW program, and more recently our VFLW program, as well as her drive and guidance in establishing our Carlton Respects initiative back in 2016. Her passion for a united approach across the organisation should be widely commended, and her extensive experience in the areas of law, governance, community and diversity has been a wonderful asset for our football club.

After 12 years of service as a Director, Zac will retire at the end of the season. Having been instrumental in leading the brand and marketing committee, Zac has also guided the Club through a number of challenging times during his tenure. His commitment and the manner in which he has approached driving the Carlton Football Club forward has been significant.

On a personal note, I would like to take this opportunity to thank both Kate and Zac for their significant and wide-ranging contributions to our Club. They will always remain part of the Carlton Football Club family.

The appointments of both Patty and David to our Board reflect our continued commitment to good governance and to building a skills-based Board aligned to the needs of the Club. Reflecting our significant investment in women’s football, Patty will make history by becoming our first designated Board member to manage the AFLW/VFLW programs, working closely with fellow director Chris Judd across the Club’s football programs. We believe this is an incredibly strong appointment for our Board in strengthening our commitment to women’s football.

Patty is currently Chief Executive Officer of Our Watch, a national organisation driving change in cultures, attitudes and behaviours against domestic violence. With her insight and guidance, she will continue to enhance the work of our Club’s flagship community program in Carlton Respects, as well as our community and diversity programs more broadly. Alongside an extensive corporate career in senior roles across the health sector and over a decade of governance experience, Patty has 14 years of playing experience in the VWFL for the Ballarat Lions, Fairfield Falcons and Parkside Magpies, playing in five premierships and representing Victoria on 10 occasions, twice as captain.

Similarly, the appointment of David provides the Club with the expertise to continue our pursuit to become one of Australia’s sporting employers of choice by appointing quality people in the right roles and improving leadership and culture both on and off the field. David has already established strong relationships with the Carlton Football Club as an external contributor since 2015, playing a significant role in the appointments of both senior coach Brendon Bolton and Chief Executive Officer Cain Liddle, along with other key executives in recent years.

In his role as Director and Partner at Egon Zehnder International, David boasts extensive knowledge and experience relating to organisational culture and leadership and will superbly lead our refreshed People and Culture portfolio to assist in the continuing cultural shift and talent development of our proud football club.

As we continue to improve and modernise the Carlton Football Club across all facets of the organisation, we know the impending appointments of Patty and David will be very strong additions in assisting to take this Club forward, towards our next period of success both on and off the field.

David will commence his position at the end of July, while Patty will officially join the Board at the end of the season.

Go Blues!

Yours sincerely,

6d55968b-54d9-40b3-a124-93b4545f3966.png

Mark LoGiudice
President, Carlton Football Club

Expand this statement Wick as I would love a breakdown of each board members relationship with MLG.
I'd like to understand this comment further as well...are you suggesting it's a positive 1 team 1 dream? or a board of MLG yes men and women? Cant decipher

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I'd like to understand this comment further as well...are you suggesting it's a positive 1 team 1 dream? or a board of MLG yes men and women? Cant decipher

We've exclusively used David Campbell for all of our top line hires since mlg has joined the club. Have to question the appointment from that perspective. Board versatility and people willing to challenge and question ideas is critical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've exclusively used David Campbell for all of our top line hires since mlg has joined the club. Have to question the appointment from that perspective. Board versatility and people willing to challenge and question ideas is critical.

Thank you. Sorry I was in a movie last night.

I do not like MLG. I think he is a problem at the club rather than the answer. It seems to me that he is getting more of his people in the club than outsiders with fresh perspectives.

When things are going great that's a good thing. However, when they go sour, there is a severe lack of accountability.

You need people who share a similar vision, granted, but you also need someone who will call BS when they see it and challenge the status quo for the benefit of the organisation.

I see the club as being at the point where we need more who will challenge and push for the betterment of the organisation. The club is in a precarious position. Get it right now and the club takes the next step. Get it wrong and 2015 may not be the basement.

Thank you. Sorry I was in a movie last night.

I do not like MLG. I think he is a problem at the club rather than the answer. It seems to me that he is getting more of his people in the club than outsiders with fresh perspectives.

When things are going great that's a good thing. However, when they go sour, there is a severe lack of accountability.

You need people who share a similar vision, granted, but you also need someone who will call BS when they see it and challenge the status quo for the benefit of the organisation.

I see the club as being at the point where we need more who will challenge and push for the betterment of the organisation. The club is in a precarious position. Get it right now and the club takes the next step. Get it wrong and 2015 may not be the basement.
His first move in first AGM as president was to change the constitution to protect him, what does that tell you?

I wonder how the "independent nominations committee" arrived at David Campbell. Where are the other nominations?

Absolutely agree with you. So you think the later then?

Absolutely agree with you. So you think the later then?

Well wicki has confirmed he meant the latter. I'd say we're a touch removed so can't say with certainty, but for those paying attention, it's not a great look.

Do tell what do you know about David or Patty?

Patty is the CEO of Our Watch.

It's only narrative is men are bad, women are victims. Scams the tax payers millions each year to push it.
My Mrs can't stand the group so that's a good indication to me they are pushing an agenda.

Will be interesting to see Patty's work unfold within the club.

Hopefully nothing political or divisive, we don't need any more of that at present.

His first move in first AGM as president was to change the constitution to protect him, what does that tell you?

I wonder how the "independent nominations committee" arrived at David Campbell. Where are the other nominations?

I agree with you.

People think that the football club is list management and on field results. There is so much more to it than that. Nothing that MLG has done, aside from the easy part of hiring SOS, remotely resonates with me as being an effective club president.

The most damning part of it was what Cain Liddle thought when he had a chance to sit down in his new role. He damned the minimal spending in the football department among other issues. These are things that MLG had three years to improve before Liddle's hiring.

I guarantee you MLG would offer excuses such as "But Wickzki, the club was financially crippled when I took over the role..." and that's all that they would be. Pretty poor excuses.

As a counter I argue this... When Eddie McGuire took over the Collingwood Football Club he did so with the full knowledge that the Pies were as close to on their knees as they could be. Membership was low. Football department spending was low. The Pies were almost dead in the water. Instead of sitting on his ass and using those excuses he channeled the money where it had to go in order to make his club successful.

What has Mark accomplished as president of the Carlton Football Club?

What has Mark accomplished as president of the Carlton Football Club?

Stability, kept the pratt and matthieson factions quiet and has everyone across the board at the club on the same page as has been demonstrated by the consistent message coming from all departments.

Not bad considering where we were IMO.

Last edited:
The club is now very process oriented, completely opposite to what has happened in the 43 years I’ve been alive.

Reduced the board size, still needs to be reduced further but there’s plenty of work to do

We don’t have 4 lawyers/QCs, multiple ex footballers etc sitting on the board for the simple reason of shoring up votes and doing sweet FA else. Most of the good clubs, and just about every big business have a nominations type committee which is called good corporate governance.
Reduced shoring up of votes and ensures the people putting their hands up have the necessary skills in the areas needed.

If Tom Elliott is really confident in what he brings to the table, or anyone else for that matter, then nominate and put your skills forward. If Toms best skill is being a radio presenter and part time column writer in a newspaper then he should just shut the * up because I’ve had half my football supporting life ruined by an Elliott and I have no patience to sit there and listen to another one rabbit on like he’s got all the answers when in effect he’s got none.

Stability, kept the pratt and matthieson factions quiet and has everyone across the board at the club on the same page as has been demonstrated by the consistent message coming from all departments.

Not bad considering where we were IMO.
These don’t sound like significant achievements to me....although I agree keeping Mathieson quiete is a good thing.

Something doesn’t seem right with MLG.....and he hasn’t really done anything for me to think wow this guy is pretty good...I think Carlton needs someone very good at this role and all roles for that matter...I’m really happy with bolton and although I think sos will continue to do well I dont like the fact that he is closely linked to MLG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back