Dipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2000
London,England
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Allies FCC
Froome had a bad crash when scoping out part of the Dauphine, apparently took his hands off the bars doing 37kmh to blow his nose in strong winds and had an almighty wipe out when wind took his front wheel away.

Broken leg, elbow, something else and possibly knocked out.

Worried right now for his long term health rather than merely career.

On SM-J330G using BigFooty.com mobile app

The data from his bike had his speed going from 54km per hour to a standing stop. Went straight into the side of a house.

Poor bugger. Hope he recovers. Very badly injured.

Bad luck to him. Will he ride the Vuelta?
He' still in ICU afaik. I saw one tweet that suggested the surgeon that operated on him overnight suggested there might be a 6 month recovery.

I hope all goes well for him but I can't deny that his crash makes me somewhat more interested in the TdF now.

On the plus side for him it appears he might be retroactively awarded the 2011 Vuelta win after the winner has been found guilty of doping

He' still in ICU afaik. I saw one tweet that suggested the surgeon that operated on him overnight suggested there might be a 6 month recovery.

I hope all goes well for him but I can't deny that his crash makes me somewhat more interested in the TdF now.

On the plus side for him it appears he might be retroactively awarded the 2011 Vuelta win after the winner has been found guilty of doping

And if they ever find him guilty of doping? And I still only have two interests in the TdF: polka dots and the best sprinter early on. This just means Thomas goes B2B.

The surgeon has to be positive but the list of injuries is horrendous and at his age a broken hip and pelvis are the biggest concern. Its hard to seeing him winning another 3 week race. Sky/Ineos signing Carapaz must of just became a monty.

As for TDF, time for Nairo to deliver, the extra altitude this year and weaker field, if he can't win this year, he probably won't ever win it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back