FU JUDAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great thread.

#32 for GWS - acts like a piece of s**t, plays like a piece of s**t.

Great win today, made all the sweeter by you-know-who's failed impact.

In all honesty.. I kinda feel bad for him.! For him too leave like that, it does make him a prick, but he must have been feeling some sort of depression to actually do it. Seems even now that he's not enjoying his footy. Deep down it would of hurt hearing those boos even if he was expecting them! He has always been a confidence player IMO and right now he looks fragile.
I forgive him for leaving. He left the club to try and find the hunger for footy, he still looks like he hasn't found it.

He looked as completely disorientated out there today just as he did in the absolutely tragic first presser he did when he joined the the Ginormous Waste (of) Space. Although I abused him with the best of them for the entire game today. I actually had a modicum of sympathy for him today as I did during that presser.

Try not to hate me.

In all honesty.. I kinda feel bad for him.! For him too leave like that, it does make him a prick, but he must have been feeling some sort of depression to actually do it. Seems even now that he's not enjoying his footy. Deep down it would of hurt hearing those boos even if he was expecting them! He has always been a confidence player IMO and right now he looks fragile.
I forgive him for leaving. He left the club to try and find the hunger for footy, he still looks like he hasn't found it.

Where's the smiley face at the end?! This is a joke, right?

Didn't fell bad at all for him at all during the game but must admit I actually felt for him at the end of the game. Don't blame others for the vitriol but I don't know seeing him upset didn't make me feel better at all :)

He looked as completely disorientated out there today just as he did in the absolutely tragic first presser he did when he joined the the Ginormous Waste (of) Space. Although I abused him with the best of them for the entire game today. I actually had a modicum of sympathy for him today as I did during that presser.

Try not to hate me.

Not you too? Don't go soft now, people. He chose his own path.

What can I say, I'm a big ole softy!
Griffen has gave me a lot of great memories as a bulldog! He's left the club and we are now in a better position than we could possibly ever imagine at the time... We move on

Sorry, everyone's entitled to their opinion. Mine is hard line. **** him, hope his remaining career makes him regret his actions, and that he has many, many more games like today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly? I don't really care.

I'd much rather focus on Wood. Hamling. Wallis. Dahl. And that's just from last night. Macrae, Bont, Libba, Stringer etc.

Why focus on the negatives when the team is overflowing with positives?

Not you too? Don't go soft now, people. He chose his own path.

I understand that. And you should know that I have been and will continue to be as merciless as anybody in here in my ridicule of him. But as somebody that right now is not privy to all the facts of his departure, I find it hard to have anything other than a pantomime hate for the guy. Does that mean I want him anywhere near our club again or to have on-field success? * NO!

Sorry for the peak behind the emerald curtain. It won't happen again.

Griffen has gave me a lot of great memories as a bulldog! He's left the club and we are now in a better position than we could possibly ever have imagined at the time... We move on

Which goes to show that despite what he said last year, he probably does have some attachment to the club. How could he not after all those great seasons, three prelims and a pre season flag. I'm actually going to feel a bit sorry for Cooney and Higgins who worked out they weren't going to fit into our plans. Lake likewise didn't want to play FF under McCartney, so I wouldn't boo him either, and we got Hrovat as a result.

It's kinda sad seeing someone who was a top 5 player in the comp being reduced to a shell of his former self, not a great advertisement for GWS player development, I'd wonder how good Ward would have been if hadn't left.

Don't feel sorry for someone who gets his jollys by shooting defenseless animals. If that don't float your boat, he shook hands with Chris Grant assuring him he'd still be on board, then out of the blue he's changed his mind. Depression! Imagine the resources as an afl player he has available him to deal with that. Depression is horrible, but it doesn't make you a fckng two faced liar. Let's call him for what he is. A gutless self centred lying prick

Don't feel sorry for someone who gets his jollys by shooting defenseless animals. If that don't float your boat, he shook hands with Chris Grant assuring him he'd still be on board, then out of the blue he's changed his mind. Depression! Imagine the resources as an afl player he has available him to deal with that. Depression is horrible, but it doesn't make you a fckng two faced liar. Let's call him for what he is. A gutless self centred lying prick
Dees fans could say the same about Mitch Clark, but obviously that would be the wrong thing to do. How do we known Griffen isn't going through the EXACT same mental demons as Mitch Clark? We will never know. Today is in the books, we move on.
Callan Ward left for the money, Griffen didn't. Remember that. long term, Callan Ward leaving the dogs hurt us way more than Griffen

I just feel s**t about the whole situation really. I could garner no satisfaction from today only a deeper sense of sadness. He was my favorite player, I derived a great amount of pleasure from watching him in the R,W&B, he'd made the journey from exciting young talent to elite consistent performer and captain of the club, it was kind of a cool thing. Things however got difficult and there can be no other way of saying it other than he choose the easy way out. I'm sure if Griff was honest himself he deeply regrets it. He played burderned by something today and has for large stages of this year.

I'm a hopeless romantic too. I gave my fair share of insults in the lead-up to this game. He would have had a truly difficult day today. I'm done with my insults & booing of him. I can't explain it, but I echo these two:

Griffen has gave me a lot of great memories as a bulldog! He's left the club and we are now in a better position than we could possibly ever have imagined at the time...

Which goes to show that despite what he said last year, he probably does have some attachment to the club.

It's kinda sad seeing someone who was a top 5 player in the comp being reduced to a shell of his former self/QUOTE]

Dees fans could say the same about Mitch Clark, but obviously that would be the wrong thing to do. How do we known Griffen isn't going through the EXACT same mental demons as Mitch Clark? We will never know. Today is in the books, we move on.
Callan Ward left for the money, Griffen didn't. Remember that.
Griffen wasn't the only unhappy player last year, McCartney obviously wasn't helping him much. He was unhappy, but obviously had no idea why.I seriously hope the club does make some recognition of his efforts as they will undoubtedly will for Cooney, Higgins and Lake. All this BS about GWS being good for him and giving him a new lease on life is just denial though the sooner he accepts the truth and admits he didn't have the maturity and people skills to be club captain, the better for him. Ward on the other hand took the benefits of being bought into our club and being developed into an elite player, then he pissed off for the money, he will get no recognition for his time as a bulldog.

Honestly? I don't really care.

I'd much rather focus on Wood. Hamling. Wallis. Dahl. And that's just from last night. Macrae, Bont, Libba, Stringer etc.

Why focus on the negatives when the team is overflowing with positives?

Ditto.

Plus it should always be remembered that whatever he did at the end of 2014 (and it was woeful behaviour), he carried this team on his back for several years when we were doing it tough.

Most importantly of all, we are genuinely better off without him.

I've moved on. I don't wish him particularly well. But I'm happy for him to do his thing without my hatred.

Griffen wasn't the only unhappy player last year, McCartney obviously wasn't helping him much. He was unhappy, but obviously had no idea why.I seriously hope the club does make some recognition of his efforts as they will undoubtedly will for Cooney, Higgins and Lake. All this BS about GWS being good for him and giving him a new lease on life is just denial though the sooner he accepts the truth and admits he didn't have the maturity and people skills to be club captain, the better for him. Ward on the other hand took the benefits of being bought into our club and being developed into an elite player, then he pissed off for the money, he will get no recognition for his time as a bulldog.
Ward really fu**ed us over. His mother topped it off when she blamed the club for not being able to retain him. I had a laugh at that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back