* off Sportsbet

Remove this Banner Ad

Sick of has been US sport folk littering our screens with Sportsbet bullshit for few dollars.
I don't give s**t what you used to do go and * up your own society.
Arrogant asreholes.

Not just double standards... The AFL is a law unto itself... Have a read of "The Boy's Club" by Michael Warner. Will give you some more mud to throw at the AFL.

Let's throw to Georgie Parker and Nathan Brown to get their thoughts...

Supposedly the AFL has been trying to get the clubs to exit the pokies industry. But have a major gambling sponsor, Sportsbet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not just double standards... The AFL is a law unto itself... Have a read of "The Boy's Club" by Michael Warner. Will give you some more mud to throw at the AFL.

How many pages is it.. if it's more than 2 pages.. I struggle with it. Enough for me to go from pages 1 to 3 re. The only book I've ever read from start to finish is David Lee Roth's autobiography.. Crazy from the Heat mate.. Forget about it mate.

Last edited:
And Mark Wahlberg!!

Those ads are actually quite subversive. In the ads Marky Mark goes around ‘Ladbroking’ things, which is meant to mean improving them but if you pay attention he actually ruins everything he touches. Hence, ‘Ladbroking’ (or in other words, betting) actually means ruining things.

Thinking about this theory is the only way I can sit through those ads without chucking something at my tv.

Those ads are actually quite subversive. In the ads Marky Mark goes around ‘Ladbroking’ things, which is meant to mean improving them but if you pay attention he actually ruins everything he touches. Hence, ‘Ladbroking’ (or in other words, betting) actually means ruining things.

Thinking about this theory is the only way I can sit through those ads without chucking something at my tv.

Think about how most betting commercials are pretty inane... to appeal to inane 18yos

I was finding it intolerable recently and found myself thinking “FFS I’m so over the wall to wall Sportsbet ads with Shaq and Mark Wahlberg, and that Wolf of Wall Street parody” …

… and then when I looked closer at them I realised that they weren’t actually Sportsbet but there are actually multiple different betting agencies?!?

Are they just s**t ads, or maybe I’m not the target demographic?

So a question I’ve always wondered, do the people who are in the target demographic for these ads look at them and ask themselves …

“I wonder how much Shaq, Paige Spiranac, Mark Wahlberg cost? How much must the production of these ads cost? Plus the cost of airtime on top of that? Plus how much would it cost to make the Sportsbet programs with Daisy Thomas, Nathan Brown, etc, etc? Plus their AFL Sponsorship dollars?

And who is paying for all of that?”

I bet on every game except Collingwood games, makes it more exciting, I don’t bet much, maybe $20 per FTA game.

So a question I’ve always wondered, do the people who are in the target demographic for these ads look at them and ask themselves …

“I wonder how much Shaq, Paige Spiranac, Mark Wahlberg cost? How much must the production of these ads cost? Plus the cost of airtime on top of that? Plus how much would it cost to make the Sportsbet programs with Daisy Thomas, Nathan Brown, etc, etc? Plus their AFL Sponsorship dollars?

Funny thing is, their adds don’t make me run out and make an account, I bet with TAB and Neds, points bet can EAD.

“I wonder how much Shaq, Paige Spiranac, Mark Wahlberg cost? How much must the production of these ads cost? Plus the cost of airtime on top of that? u Plus how much would it cost to make the Sportsbet programs with Daisy Thomas, Nathan Brown, etc, etc? Plus their AFL Sponsorship dollars?

You think too much to ever understand an 18yo male...

Big Money in gambling around the world. For those into the EPL, you may have noticed some advertising boards around the grounds of some EPL clubs are in Chinese and wonder why. Also wonder why some teams have shirt sponsors with odd names, sometimes its obvious they're betting companies, but they also have Asian characters. Quite a few of these sponsors and advertisers are Asian offshore betting companies, that specifically target China (ironically betting is illegal in China)and is a massive billion dollar Asian gambling industry. Known to have links with criminal activity and money laundering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back