Society & Culture Fundraising Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

I hosted a movie night once at a Palace cinema, it was actually pretty well priced and raised quite a bit of money. From memory it was about $15 per person to attend a private screening and included a choc top and a small soft drink. We charged $25 a head and the extra $10 went to the MS Society. We also got prizes donated and had a raffle. Everyone loves a raffle.

Kidnap the children with the richest parents. Ask for a ransom and return the kid upon payment.
Have to be prepared to make an example out of one of them if payment isn't forthcoming so make sure you take one poor child for this purpose as the ransom for them will never be paid.

#realquiz

This is taking forever - no, it was going to be what D, and the answer was going to be Dostoyevsky.
I couldn't think of the question.
- All right.
What D was a Russian dissident who wrote the novel 'Crime and Punishment'? Would you have got that? - I'd have had a guess.
You don't get prizes for guessing.
Unlucky.
See you later.

Reverse draws always make some good money, and are generally great fun to boot.

So are music shuffle nights... which are easy to combine with another function. Have a long playlist, sell songs for a small fee apiece, half the money goes to the club, half to the pool. Or keep it all and just use donated prizes.

Hit shuffle on the iPhone. Whichever song is playing at the top of the hour / half hour wins.

Btw use short songs - no stairway to heaven etc. You want around 20 songs an hour so the payout is 10-1.

not these boys

C_E4pYMWAAA9-Qj.jpg
Have watched this series three times in the past two weeks. I still find myself cracking up laughing despite knowing almost every line off by heart. That good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get some good shots of the kids during games, get them printed on footy cards and have them signed. Then auction them off.

The parents would have to buy them.

Will be super awkward when Bob the 50yo school gardener starts bidding aggressively

have you decided on what to do ?
Have enquired to Bunnings to start with. I'll look into separate BBQ Fundraisers and considering hosting a round-robin event to raise some funds.

Will continue to look into some ideas.

The important thing is that we want to raise money from outside of those already playing large fees.

Have enquired to Bunnings to start with. I'll look into separate BBQ Fundraisers and considering hosting a round-robin event to raise some funds.

Will continue to look into some ideas.

The important thing is that we want to raise money from outside of those already playing large fees.

Have you considered using Cadbury Fundraising? Fairly easy for people to get involved in, and the profits are pretty nice too:
https://www.fundraising.com.au/

If you're looking for something bigger (and have the support to organise it, plus a location to hold it), a Festival, Carnival, Fun Fair or a Fete may be an option too. Hire out some rides like you see at the show, sell showbags, have a cake stall, some second hand books, sausage sizzle, silent auction, some locals for live music and it can be a great day. If you can get the whole community on board and get some social media exposure, the event has the capacity to be a big success

Remove this Banner Ad

Back