funny fitzroy tales

Remove this Banner Ad

mountain roy

Debutant
Nov 6, 2005
leura
Other Teams
fitzroy
hello roy boys and roy girls. only three months to go to the footy season starts. woo hoo. in the meantime does any one have any funny fitzroy stories that in hindsight could really only happen to fitzroy. e.g,
brad boyd was in the coburg dressing rooms waiting for a rub down after training and somebody who wasn't even connected to the club walked in off the street and proceeded to give our captain his massage.
the roys accidentally having a direct feed to kevin sheedy's telephone system in 1993 match at the mcg, Robert shaw knew exactly what sheeds moves were before his runner did, yet we still lost.
the club going to the waterfront to raise money for mark zanotti from the prying eyes of the afl.
i wasn't connected to the club, i'm a supporter who read these stories in books from coaches and presidents so there must be hundreds of rip snorters from fans and officials closer to the club then i ever was.

Rehashing old stories but at the Western Oval during the half time break of the reserves, the seniors would come out to get a feel for the ground and have a bit of a kick around. The crowd was of course miniscule at this point of the day and our group were fairly conspicuous. Some would shout out to the players to kick the ball to us (behind the fence) and one day Matthew Dent obliged.

In keeping with his pinpoint accuracy the ball was a number of degrees off-line and beaned an elderly female Melbourne fan full force on the top of the noggin.

Dent practically teleported to the fenceline to apologise and check on the status of the poor lady.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back