Funny Stories

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 5, 2000
Adelaide
How about some funny football stories.

Here is 1 that comes to mind.

1973 SANFL North Adelaide V Glenelg at Prospect oval.

Peter Carey was playing for Glenelg at CHF that day. It was before the interchange bench so if you went off you were off for the rest of the game.

Anyway he got caught short with gastro & pooed his pants during the 2nd quarter & couldn't come off. Apparently it was running down his legs.

At half time they hosed him off in the showers.

The thing is he played a blinder during the 2nd quarter because no one was game to tackle him.

Or so the story goes.

Does anybody remember Austin McCrabb?

There was one classic story about how he lost his contact lens on the MCG when Geelong were playing Melbourne.

At quarter time he spoke to the training staff and he and about six training staff set about looking for the small, clear plastic object on the half forward line throughout the quarter time break.

It to this day is the funniest thing I have ever seen on a football field.

Austin only had the one pair, so he resigned himself to only see half the game for the rest of the day.

He took up his place on the interchange bench when he felt somethig in his eye, he rubbed it, and his contact fell out in his hands.

It had moved to the corner of is eye, needless to say, the training staff were not amused.

Friends of mine (Saints fans) were at the footy and pre-game they were making jokes about their own players, especially one of the forwards. Sitting in front of them was this woman and her son. Anyway, the player gets the ball early on and the son starts yelling at the player. The woman turns the boy and says, "Shhh...be quite darling....daddy's having a shot at goal".

Needless to say but my friend's faces started to turn a lovely shade of red.

Eh? Why pick on Smart? He's one of my favourite players. One of the few footballers actually worth listening to, and you have to admire that fearless approach on the field.

He's a great player and a very nice bloke (My wife used to go to school with him and I have had the pleasure once or twice myself)

But Daniel even a red-hot Crows man such as yourself would have to admit that the infamous fire walking routine was as dumb as it was funny ?

Yes, I suppose so.
smile.gif

Remember the pig released onto the SCG!!

What a classic, how could you smuggle a pig into the ground?? It's hard enough to get a hip flask of brandy in.

Does any one know how it was done, or who did it? Was inside help needed?

A few years ago someone released a cat at a Crows Vs Geelong game at football park, but it cetainly didn't have the impact of that pig.

On a similar vein, & i know its not football.

I remember when Greg Chappell was having a horrible run of ducks late in his Test career. As he walked out to bat one day someone tossed a duck onto the field. It followed him a liitle way to the wicket before an official grabbed it (with a bit more luck than the pig).

Greg made another duck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back