Competition Funny T-Shirt Design

Remove this Banner Ad

I've talked with crow28 about this one - let me know if you'd like to be in it.

We are looking at doing some fun, meme-ish t-shirts to sell on BigFooty, and I was going to post a job on 99 Designs.

BUT - I'd like to open up a competition on the FGD board first, like we did for the revamped BigFooty logo (won by michaelj004 ).

The Brief:

"Funny or thoughtful or snarky or... anything really... sports-related design to put on a t-shirt".

No particular need to spend hours on a full design, a simple mockup might do the job, but you would need the skills to produce a good design. Or maybe we could get someone else to turn your idea into a good design?

I'm being intentionally vague to let entrants use their imagination, do a full blown design or just describe it to be later worked up into a proper design.

No copyrighted images please.

Safe for work.

No pictures in crayon. Or glitter-glue. They gum up my hard drive.

The Reward:

If we choose your design(s) we can talk about how much you'd like to be paid for it. One-off payment? Ongoing by sales? I have no idea how popular a particular design might be.

Orders would likely be fulfilled via a third-party t-shirt site so we don't have to spend a pile of money on stock up front. We can also do a lot more designs if there is little to no up-front cost.

The Caveat:

We might not use any designs and end up going to an outside source anyway, but I think having BF t-shirts designed by BF members would be pretty cool. If this community can produce something people would buy, I am happy to make it happen and promote it across BigFooty and the web.

Post your questions and entries in this thread.

Thanks and good luck!

Too bad you have 33,500 posts. Otherwise it would have been perfect.
4CM61yb.gif

STUPID ALGORITHM, BE MORE ACCURATE

• Admin
Of all the stuff I've done for BigFooty, this is probably the least copyrighty (can easily be changed more as well without losing the idea, needs a clean up anyway):
NewAFLFinalsSeries1_zpsg5nsnzbk.png

I think that'd look good on a t-shirt, not sure who would wear it though.

On the other hand, I suspect there'd be a big market for this:
RealAFLWShootout1_zpslkxc6hqv.png

(There is a bit of scope for scoreworm-related shirts, I reckon)

Other ideas include doing an AFL version of this:
Funny-Map-of-Australia.jpg

Victoria/MCG would be in the centre of Australia though, Tasmania left off entirely, Port labelled as 'China', all the usual jokes etc.

And finally, for summer I'm thinking just some sort of sandpaper reference to the Australian cricket team.

Of all the stuff I've done for BigFooty, this is probably the least copyrighty (can easily be changed more as well without losing the idea, needs a clean up anyway):
NewAFLFinalsSeries1_zpsg5nsnzbk.png

I think that'd look good on a t-shirt, not sure who would wear it though.

On the other hand, I suspect there'd be a big market for this:
RealAFLWShootout1_zpslkxc6hqv.png

(There is a bit of scope for scoreworm-related shirts, I reckon)

Other ideas include doing an AFL version of this:
Funny-Map-of-Australia.jpg

Victoria/MCG would be in the centre of Australia though, Tasmania left off entirely, Port labelled as 'China', all the usual jokes etc.

And finally, for summer I'm thinking just some sort of sandpaper reference to the Australian cricket team.
Oh and change the 'S' letters in Finals Series to dollar signs.

While I'm on a roll, how about a shirt with this on it:
540 Disposals 211
62 Clearances 10
27 Goals 3
105 Tackles 34
23 Free Kicks 22

And then the caption saying something like "Cheating umps costing us another win".

Oh and change the 'S' letters in Finals Series to dollar signs.

While I'm on a roll, how about a shirt with this on it:
540 Disposals 211
62 Clearances 10
27 Goals 3
105 Tackles 34
23 Free Kicks 22

And then the caption saying something like "Cheating umps costing us another win".
Have the free kick count circled and the caption pointing to it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have the free kick count circled and the caption pointing to it
Hmmmight be a bit heavy-handed. How did you personally get the joke without a big red line (or something) explaining it to you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back