Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Minnesota TWolves
Watched it today.

Thought it was excellent. Favourite scene was with Bender's first born son and the Devil. Scene was absolutely brutal, but classic Bender. I laughed out loud.

I've seen all Futurama episodes, I got all the gags, just preferred the first one.
I don't mean all the episodes. I mean you probably have to watch each of them several times, and the movies several times to get all the jokes they pack in.

likka

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Mar 12, 2004
Rehab
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't mean all the episodes. I mean you probably have to watch each of them several times, and the movies several times to get all the jokes they pack in.

Watched it again late last night and if anything my opinion of it dropped... nowhere near as good as Bender's Big Score.

I still enjoyed it but my expectations were inflated by how good the first one was.

Bender571

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Man that was awesome. I laughed out loud a few times. Especially at the baby koala :D That was harsh.

Watched it today.

Thought it was excellent. Favourite scene was with Bender's first born son and the Devil. Scene was absolutely brutal, but classic Bender. I laughed out loud.

They'd be my favourite scenes as well.

i prefered the story line of BBS but the amount of laughs was probably the same.
I'll be buying this when it comes out on DVD here.:thumbsu:

mad-saint-guy

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2005
Toronto, ON
AFL Club
St Kilda
I was a bit disappointed as well. It's decent, but feels very rushed. The whole plot seems a bit pointless. It seems like the writers had no idea what to do, so they made up some crazy story about a weird monster, even though they had no idea where they were going with it. IMO if they had the time they probably would have scrapped the whole conecpt and started from scratch after they reaslied it wasn't going to be all that good, but these movies are on a low budget and are being made very quickly.

Of course there are still a few brilliant moments and Bender is in top form throughout the whole movie.

Jun 18, 2006
Eboué
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Kamui Kobayashi, Rudi Skacel
These DVD movies are being chopped up, with minor edits (mostly for time), into episode form to air on Comedy Central in the US.

The four "episodes" of Bender's Big Score premiered on Comedy Central in March.

I have no idea if FOX are interested in these new "episodes" on their network(s) or not.

____ knows if they will ever air in Australia :p

Ten are airing Part 1 of Bender's Big Score tomorrow night, and flogging it as "all new" :rolleyes::eek:

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Ten are airing Part 1 of Bender's Big Score tomorrow night, and flogging it as "all new" :rolleyes::eek:

I'm kinda surprised that they're airing it at 7:30, I liked Bender's Big Score but felt that the humour was aimed at Futurama's existing fans, not sure how it will do in prime time.

Dont be a lemon

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jun 2, 2006
Party time all the time
AFL Club
Essendon
Just watched it.

I liked it. I agree with others though that the first one seemed better, but maybe this one just needs time to "sink in". I think also the time travel nature of the first one gave it a bit more of a "fun" feel.

I must say though I like the DVD films more than I thought I would. I guess having a movie length Futurama thing is kind of fun :p:p

celtic_pride

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Nov 12, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
B.Celtics, FC Barcelona, Leeds Utd
LOL @ all the attempted avoidance of the Professor's 'GOOD NEWS EVERYONE' ...

Wish we could get to see more of Mom and her 'dweeby' sons in the next TVM, i really think they are very funny :D

Back