Future Australian Test Prospects

Who, if any of these players will eventually play a Test match for Australia?

• Alex Carey

Votes: 51 60.7%
  • Josh Inglis

Votes: 42 50.0%
  • Jimmy Peirson

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Seb Gotch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitch Swepson

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • Adam Zampa

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Lloyd Pope

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Tanveer Sangha

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • Will Pucovski (Free Space)

Votes: 49 58.3%
  • Ben McDermott

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • Sam Whiteman

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Bryce Street

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Jack Wildermuth

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Michael Neser

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Will Sutherland

Votes: 35 41.7%
  • Marcus Stoinis

• Sean Abbott

• Harry Conway

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Riley Meredith

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Mark Steketee

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • Xavier Bartlett

• Daniel Worrall

• None

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Matt Kelly

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My boy Morris put any thought of a Croweater comeback in the coma position inside 10 balls yesterday. Quick as I've seen. Jordan Buckingham also looks a likely sort. Ran in hard at 0-250 and any other day would have more than one wicket to show for it. Bowls a lovely shape at high speed. Very impressed.

I just see Gillespie when I've seen Buckingham.

Future Australian Test Prospects circa 2022:
Henry Hunt, Tim Ward, Aaron Hardie, Josh Inglis, Lance Morris, Teague Wyllie, Taheer Sangha, Tod Murphy (probables).
Xavier Bartlett, Lawrence Neil-Smith, Cooper Connolly, Ashley Chandrasinghe, Jason Sangha, Bryce Street, Baxter Holt, Blake Edwards, Tom Kelly, Jarrod Freeman, Lachlan Hearne (possibles).

Adding Oliver Davies, Jack Attenborough, Blake MacDonald to my possible list after the way they toyed with the Windies Test attack yesterday. Specially Davies. This bloke was all hype three years ago after he became the first cricketer to score a white ball double hundred in a U19 national. He then went off the radar as most underage stars do and was even ignored by his a own state selectors. Both he and Attenborough should now be on the Blues rookie list.

Last edited:
Stepping away as in refusing to play you mean. ODD is white ball. This game is in white duds and hitting a red ball. Clarke as in a commentator? When was that. Davies has just turned 22.. a pup so still learning the game. What was so impressive about his kock was the time he took to reach his ton.. against the Test strength Windies attack. I say that bodes very well to, at least pit him on the selectors radar, state or white ball national.

Keep it in your pants.

Doesn't bode too well for the Windies that he's making runs.
  • 12952 runs
  • Batting Avg @46.42
  • High Score 208
  • Wickets 216
  • Bowling Avg @15.98
  • Best Bowling 5/5
Davies career stats across all formats and grades:

I'd say someone with those stats is very much in the frame for Shield or List A cricket

• 12952 runs
  • Batting Avg @46.42
  • High Score 208
  • Wickets 216
  • Bowling Avg @15.98
  • Best Bowling 5/5

I'd say someone with those stats is very much in the frame for Shield or List A cricket
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think his under 11s figures matter that much.

Obviously I hit a funny bone. Davies, 22 has been playing club firsts (Manly) for 4 yrs. Also to my knowledge MyCricket stats only go as far back as U16s Green Shield.

• 12952 runs
  • Batting Avg @46.42
  • High Score 208
  • Wickets 216
  • Bowling Avg @15.98
  • Best Bowling 5/5

Better then;

Travis Head - 15224 @ 37

Labuschagne - 14569 @ 36.98

Its funny how all the Aussie batsmen have better Test records then club records, just shows how well prepared pitches are in international cricket compared to weekend cricket.

Obviously I hit a funny bone. Davies, 22 has been playing club firsts (Manly) for 4 yrs. Also to my knowledge MyCricket stats only go as far back as U16s Green Shield.
Your knowledge is incorrect. Here's a link to some of his junior club cricket that goes back to u11s and u12s stats which are included in his mycricket career.

I read an article mentioning Todd Murphy's name very strongly about going to India.

It's not the first one either so selectors have obviously got a keen eye in him. That's its trickled to different journos for different publications.

I haven't seen much off him. Seems a big risk to throw a young spinner to the wolves in India if you ask me.

I read an article mentioning Todd Murphy's name very strongly about going to India.

It's not the first one either so selectors have obviously got a keen eye in him. That's its trickled to different journos for different publications.

I haven't seen much off him. Seems a big risk to throw a young spinner to the wolves in India if you ask me.
Did well in Sri Lanka to be fair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be one of those pick a young spinner for the tour deals. We need to think about who replaces Lyon and it is not Agar.

I remember Kuhnemann was linked with the Pakistan/Sri Lanka tours this year but never eventuated. Murphy to me looks a very promising prospect though.

On the back of 5 games LMAO.

I remember when Agar had played 1 season he averaged less then 30 in both formats and getting massive hype.
I've hardly said he's the second coming of Christ, have I?

On the back of 5 games LMAO.

I remember when Agar had played 1 season he averaged less then 30 in both formats and getting massive hype.
Nathan Lyon's first class stats on test debut...

1000001182.png

Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. I don't agree with it - another year or two in the shield is my preference - but it shouldn't be a surprise if they do pick him.

Back