Future Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

AndyWalkersGirl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2006
The Apple Isle.
AFL Club
Carlton
i was watching the Future Stars show this morning and Terry Wallace was talking about Carlton. He made some really good points. Saying that really, we have a bunch of young inexperienced players at the moment and that we really should be looking ahead to around 2020 to see long term success.

This screen shot in particular filled me with so much hope andreminded me that we will be ok again.

I think we have a lot of player bashing on this forum at times, but we need to remember to have patience and that we really are rebuilding - no longer the quick fixes of 9 or 10 years ago.

Just wanted to share this pic with others, to help us put things into perspective when we have tough times over the next year or so.

The future looks great!

This pic: players and ages in 2020. image.jpeg

The future looks great!

This pic: players and ages in 2020. View attachment 355743

From the early looks of it today you can add 'Williamson 22' into that backline, plus 'Byrne 25'.

Hopefully plus a free agent or trade ('Dylan Shiel 27') and this year & next year's first round draft pick, plus Ben Silvagni.

Also doesn't include Cam Polson, Fisher or Cuningham all of whom I have very high hopes for.

Like Barass said in the other thread - 25 and under this year is the limit for trades. The window opens in 2020. Until then it's all green shoots, the journey, sticking to the roadmap, we won't be defined by wins and losses etc etc.

Were finally doing right. Embrace it peeps, its gonna be a fun ride.

Yes. Just need to stay the course.

No quick fixes.

Early days but very promising with Macreadie, SPS and Williamson too (last not in the screenshot) making their debuts and showing good signs in first 3 rounds of Season 2017.

And yes to Byrne, Polson, Cuningham and Fisher, and Le Bois, all featuring in the picture as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be surprised if E Curnow is in the side in 2020, but still is a good snapshot of where we are at. Seem to have all of the key pieces in place for our next tilt at a flag.. What is obvious and i am sure it doesnt escape SOS & Bolts is a big hole in our midfield, i think we need to go hard at the draft the next 2 years looking for elite midfield talent and then and then fill any holes with free agents.

Firstly, great to see you posting again AWG. Good to see you back on BF.
Tend to agree with Ploug, we'll be in rebuild mode this year and next, and 2019 should be the year we start making our way up the ladder.

Thanks HBF. I kept an eye out, just decided to post again :)

I think Sam Kerridge can make it & be apart of this team going forward. He has shortcomings but I think he has enough to work with & could be a role player if this team can make it to the top 6 during his career.

Not saying they are at all similar, but a player like Liam Picken is a good example. Dead set ordinary for the first 10 years of his career but once the team came good he found his niche & contributed massively to a Premiership.

I think Sam Kerridge can make it & be apart of this team going forward. He has shortcomings but I think he has enough to work with & could be a role player if this team can make it to the top 6 during his career.

Not saying they are at all similar, but a player like Liam Picken is a good example. Dead set ordinary for the first 10 years of his career but once the team came good he found his niche & contributed massively to a Premiership.
What? Liam Picken has always been a great kick. Kerridge is a butcher.
i was watching the Future Stars show this morning and Terry Wallace was talking about Carlton. He made some really good points. Saying that really, we have a bunch of young inexperienced players at the moment and that we really should be looking ahead to around 2020 to see long term success.

This screen shot in particular filled me with so much hope andreminded me that we will be ok again.

I think we have a lot of player bashing on this forum at times, but we need to remember to have patience and that we really are rebuilding - no longer the quick fixes of 9 or 10 years ago.

Just wanted to share this pic with others, to help us put things into perspective when we have tough times over the next year or so.

The future looks great!

This pic: players and ages in 2020. View attachment 355743

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Solid research Terry: you sorted the list by age, then you didn't read it the whole way through.

As if Murphy will have retired at the age of 32 and Gibbs at 31, or does he think we'll have traded them both?? :D

Staggering that he would include E Curnow in that team and not Gibbs, they're born in the same year... If he wants to take possible future trades into consideration, then that's a whole other can of worms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back