Future Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

i was watching the Future Stars show this morning and Terry Wallace was talking about Carlton. He made some really good points. Saying that really, we have a bunch of young inexperienced players at the moment and that we really should be looking ahead to around 2020 to see long term success.

This screen shot in particular filled me with so much hope andreminded me that we will be ok again.

I think we have a lot of player bashing on this forum at times, but we need to remember to have patience and that we really are rebuilding - no longer the quick fixes of 9 or 10 years ago.

Just wanted to share this pic with others, to help us put things into perspective when we have tough times over the next year or so.

The future looks great!

This pic: players and ages in 2020. View attachment 355743
Not very far fetched by Plough as that will be our first team in a few weeks time...

Add Williamson and Simmo down back,
Murphy and Gibbs in the middle,
Wright and one of Sumner/Gallucci/LeBois up forward
Kerridge, Rowe and Sheehan complete the bench.

Loving the youth and experience mix and plenty of young ones still to come in.

Staggering that he would include E Curnow in that team and not Gibbs, they're born in the same year... If he wants to take possible future trades into consideration, then that's a whole other can of worms.

Well its not that staggering really, considering most expect him to be traded at season's end. Besides, he isn't contracted in 2020 anyway.

Well its not that staggering really, considering most expect him to be traded at season's end. Besides, he isn't contracted in 2020 anyway.

The guy we pick in the first round with the pick we get for him will be in the side.

We're building up nicely. Loving the look of the backline, some forwards starting to emerge and some midfielders. Just got to keep at it. If more emerge then we really are coming along very well.

Weve got the spine more or less sorted. Defense is sorted. Geez Williamson was clean. Astounding performance from the young man. Id love to see him in a normal game. His disposal looks a treat.

Forward line is coming together as long as Harry makes the step up into the seniors.

Its the midfield that needs a lot of work. I want Gibbs gone at seasons end, and Charlie given a bigger stoppage role. We need another three or four high quality mids before we take that step up.

Hope you don't mind the intrusion. Saw this thread on the main board. As a developing team ourselves the need and understanding for patience is difficult but when you do see such a graphic you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully. Add in this years and next years draftees and there really is the indications of a strong Carlton side in the making. Hope that the Lions and Blues will be spoken about as Geelong and St Kilda were back in the 2000's.

The future looks great!

355175_ab73032ccf73782b2be02f528a20880a.jpeg

I'd say the future looks very blurry :p

Hope you don't mind the intrusion. Saw this thread on the main board. As a developing team ourselves the need and understanding for patience is difficult but when you do see such a graphic you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully. Add in this years and next years draftees and there really is the indications of a strong Carlton side in the making. Hope that the Lions and Blues will be spoken about as Geelong and St Kilda were back in the 2000's.
Why wouldn't you want to be the lions of the 2000s.... they did okay

Hopefully not St Kilda :p

From the early looks of it today you can add 'Williamson 22' into that backline, plus 'Byrne 25'.

Hopefully plus a free agent or trade ('Dylan Shiel 27') and this year & next year's first round draft pick, plus Ben Silvagni.

Also doesn't include Cam Polson, Fisher or Cuningham all of whom I have very high hopes for.

Like Barass said in the other thread - 25 and under this year is the limit for trades. The window opens in 2020. Until then it's all green shoots, the journey, sticking to the roadmap, we won't be defined by wins and losses etc etc.

Were finally doing right. Embrace it peeps, its gonna be a fun ride.

Another week.....another name.

Fisher looks to be a keeper.
Cuningham will be in the team soon enough.
Polson gets his chance this week.
If Ed Curnows enthusiasm about a player stands for anything, LeBois may join this group also.
We could do with a miraculous goal-kicker......................again.

Then just add Hopper, next years first and we may be heading in the right direction. Come on season.......finish up so we can get to the real stuff. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good lord NO!

the young boys are looking remarkably good, especially this years draft haul. we can see a lot of green shoots and assets that do have are becoming obvious. Its often harder to identify the deficiencies that end up bringing them undone... eg bootsma was showing some toe and spoiling ability off half back until has inability to keep his tackle off the fishing show brought him undone...

SPS pro's kicking, tackling, vision and agility in traffic
Cons: maybe not super quick

Fisher pro's kicking, vision, speed
cons: size

williamson pro's run and carry, kick, strong fast clean hands
cons?

MacReadie pro's speed, height
con's size, attacking ability?

Poison Pro's finds the ball
cons: size

i'm interested to hear what others think? they all look like starts atm but usually we end up with a few dud delisters 3 year in...

Simo seems to go ok without a right foot, though it is a bit harder as a mid.
not as ok as he'd go with one - how many times have I seen him arcing around like a woof woof bird just to get onto his left?

one of fisher's cons is his no right foot - gotta seriously work on it

TBF Thy, there aren't a whole lot of AFL players competent enough on both feet. You see it every week, every game, player after playing trying the impossible on their natural foot cos their non natural foot is worse, even though its the better option at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back