• Darren Crocker

• Leigh Tudor

• Brett Ratten

• Sam Mitchell

• Alistair Clarkeson

• Someone from left-field

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know if the club can afford two more years of his drivel.

It’s only Round 2 and you have a lot of members disenchanted with the direction he is taking.

Today was a prime example, first game of the year in Melbourne and people can’t be bothered turning up.

Brad Scott is making this a very hard football club to watch.

Can the club afford to wait his contract out to save a few bucks, while people are dropping off in droves?

I go every week because I love football, but this has been the first time in a long time I have turned up to a game with no genuine optimism or any excitement about going to the footy.

I said is just week, Brad Scott is slowly sucking the life out of this footy club. People aren’t even angry anymore, they are just over it.

The club in essence exists for its members, but between the insipid performances, baffling coaching, membership **** ups and shipping more games off to Tassie, do the club really give a **** about the members anyway?

I have never seen this board so apathetic to this club in my entire time I have posted here.
You didn't go to games in 2017 without optimism? The team was in a much worse position than now.

On Pixel using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not at all. In 2017 I actually think we played some pretty good footy and just couldn’t get the job done.

At the moment our footy resembles an abortion.

There were some bad games in 2017, but there were also some exciting performances. I just can’t see it this year. From the inexplicable dropping of Ahern for Round 1 and then the two performances, this year seems to heading towards disaster.

So you shouldn't support them anymore? Pretty disloyal

On Pixel using BigFooty.com mobile app
Did I say that?

Are you accusing me, a 30+ year member of being disloyal?

A fella that bought his first membership as a 12yr old, who's now pushin 50?

A person who stood on the steps of Dallas Brooks Hall, rallied ON MY OWN as a country boy with no suburban connections, no online connections, completely oblivious of all of the Bigfooty groundswell, but there all the same because I've always had an undying love of this club.

Is that what you are accusing ME of?

Disloyalty?

Pull your head in campaigner.

Did I say that?

Are you accusing me, a 30+ year member of being disloyal?

A fella that bought his first membership as a 12yr old, who's now pushin 50?

A person who stood on the steps of Dallas Brooks Hall, rallied ON MY OWN as a country boy with no suburban connections, no online connections, completely oblivious of all of the Bigfooty groundswell, but there all the same because I've always had an undying love of this club.

Is that what you are accusing ME of?

Disloyalty?

Pull your head in campaigner.
Off the top turn buckle!

I don’t think he understood your analogy.

I said is just week, Brad Scott is slowly sucking the life out of this footy club. People aren’t even angry anymore, they are just over it.

There's a lot of supporters who bleed blue & white that are only going to the games due to their sense of obligation.

The social club was a ghost town yesterday.

We're in a bad way.

I don’t know if the club can afford two more years of his drivel.

It’s only Round 2 and you have a lot of members disenchanted with the direction he is taking.

Today was a prime example, first game of the year in Melbourne and people can’t be bothered turning up.

Brad Scott is making this a very hard football club to watch.

Can the club afford to wait his contract out to save a few bucks, while people are dropping off in droves?

I go every week because I love football, but this has been the first time in a long time I have turned up to a game with no genuine optimism or any excitement about going to the footy.

The club in essence exists for its members, but between the insipid performances, baffling coaching, membership **** ups and shipping more games off to Tassie, do the club really give a **** about the members anyway?

I have never seen this board so apathetic to this club in my entire time I have posted here.
Spot on!

There's a lot of supporters who bleed blue & white that are only going to the games due to their sense of obligation.

The social club was a ghost town yesterday.

We're in a bad way.

I’ve had the same seat for probably 10 years and it’s been the same people sitting in my bay for that whole period. Yesterday, it was empty, rusted on supporters didn’t show up.
The Lions supporters saved us from an embarrassing crowd figure.

As for the social club I don’t even bother going in anymore, even though I have access. What’s the incentive?

It is hard to tell, just because someone was part of a good system doesn't necessarily mean they will be a good coach. Brad came highly recommended after doing an apprenticeship under Malthouse during their premiership.

Something you want to try and gleam from interviews:
1) Innovation. If all you can do is copy what other people have done then other clubs will already have counters to your strategies and tactics.
2) Foundations built on excelling at the basics, it is what all players fall back on when under extreme pressure.
3) Uncompromising leadership and the highest of standards. Also need someone who is a half decent match day coach, has more than one game plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't stop with him, part of the problem is we still have some coaches from Laidley's tenure.

Crocker, Joyce, the lot should go as well.

We need a completely new slate.

What's this "can't afford to sack him early" stuff I see? Good thing we have an extra $400k in the kitty from selling out another game to Hobart this year - we're going to need it. Debt free, huge increase in footy department spend over the last 5-6 years. If we can't afford to make an onfield call (and this is an onfield decision) of this nature but can throw $10M at Kelly over the next decade we are wasting our time.

Back