• Darren Crocker

• Leigh Tudor

• Brett Ratten

• Sam Mitchell

• Alistair Clarkeson

• Someone from left-field

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst I get the focus on recruiting an A grade midfielder the reality is a Martin or Kelly would arguably have little impact as that next tier of player has not stepped up. Scotts focus needs to shift to clearing the list cloggers and broadening our recruitment focus.... starting with a key defender and forward.

Yeh but every year he introduces some more cloggers

I’d enjoy f***ing diehard fans around by taking their hard earned cash in November and making them wait until a month into the season to receive their membership cards.

Still an improvement on this year :$

Brenton Sanderson is another I liked at the crows.
Now at pies.

Coached a year with the Under 18 AIS academy a few years ago also so has relationships with elite juniors

Oh please he is lame. Have you heard him speak to players. Cringeworthy. No thank you

Could Terry Wallet be lured out of retirement? They call him the List Manager don't they? Perhaps he could revamp our list and have us shooting for the stars. Make it happen NMFC board.....

I think it’s time AFL clubs start looking at blokes who have failed / been sacked before rookies.

In the NFL, there is no stigma on previously sacked coaches, rather it is seen as almost a badge of experience and they regularly go on to have success in their second stint. A few years ago there was a stat that 8 out of the last 15 SuperBowl winning coaches had been fired from their previous head coaching role.

I also think Ratts and Brady Rawlings would be a good team.

It's unfair to judge Crocker and Tudor because they're trapped behind Scott. Both might well be very good senior coaches.

I'm warming to Ratten. Smart player, premiership experience as a player and coach.

Most importantly the last 4 premiership coaches have either served under Clarkson - or been Alistair Clarkson. Ratten would come with the best predictor of success in the current game.
Clarkson, Simpson, Longmire all served under Pagan. Plenty of successful north Melbourne people at other clubs. I didn't mind Ratten and thought carlton were building and had the rug pulled under him from pure impatience. Make Carey an offer, it would create plenty of interest, publicity, and sell memberships for a year or two anyway. Awaken a few from their slumber.

That reminds me - Brady Rawlings. Have championed him for a long time.

North Melbourne person who built a career off hard work. Experience in player development and list management. Premiership experience. Smart thoughtful guy.

But does he want to coach?

No he doesn't! Was midfield coach at WCE, and list management is where he wanted to get to and where he landed. Saw leaving north to go with Simmo as a big risk. He's not the sort of guy who'll put his hand up to be head coach in my opinion.

I think it’s time AFL clubs start looking at blokes who have failed / been sacked before rookies.

In the NFL, there is no stigma on previously sacked coaches, rather it is seen as almost a badge of experience and they regularly go on to have success in their second stint. A few years ago there was a stat that 8 out of the last 15 SuperBowl winning coaches had been fired from their previous head coaching role.

I also think Ratts and Brady Rawlings would be a good team.
I think Ratts would be the best option, he was sacked not because of the performance but Carlton thought they brought in a super coach.
But to get him to put up his hand to coach a senior team after what happened to his son. Might be a bridge to far.

Back