Future Developments of Sydney Stadiums

Remove this Banner Ad

Wests are playing there instead of ANZ.
Waratahs.
Wanderers.

Parra will to, would be the biggest self destruct if they moved their games to Penrith. I remember when Balmain played silly buggers like that in 95. Almost destroyed the club then and there.

Where have you seen that Wests and the wanderers have signed deals?

Last edited:

The initial asking price for Optus was pushing $1 mill a game. Not sure where it ended up.

That's correct.
The government had the ridiculous idea of charging it's major tenant more than casual users instead of giving a discount.
There is no doubt in my mind that AFL would still be at Subiaco if the government hadn't come to it's senses.

I'd be interested in what cricket are paying. They wanted "no part" in the super stadium and now they cannot get enough.
A stadium at the WACA would have saved at least $500 million.

That doesn't say the Wanderers have signed a deal. It's pretty much what Freo and West Coast was saying about Perth Stadium when negotiations were continuing.

Which leaves Wests and the Waratahs, which will play a small handful of games there.
Yeah if you want to believe that, go for it.

Wont happen, both clubs will be there next year along with the Tahs and Tigers.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Isn't the WACA heritage listed though? (or at least parts of it).

That was never ever raised.

The development of the WACA states "The historical significance of the Ground is in its use rather than development form. "
The development of the WACA is to be done in sympathy with it's surroundings like the Subiaco ground development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back