List Mgmt. Future Father Son prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance of of draft year lol
Tried to compile a list based on what ever information I could find. If anyone could fill in the rest of the gaps, feel free to assist.

Jackson Archer (2021) ✅
Darby Scott (2021) :crossmark:
Jai Makepeace (2021/22)? :crossmark:
Thomas Longmire (2021/22)? :crossmark:

Dylan Makepeace (2022) :crossmark:
Cooper Harvey (2022) ✅

Byron Pickett Jnr (2023)
Lucas Rocca (2023)
Billy Longmire (2023)

Ryder Makepeace (2024)
Will Crocker (2024)
River Stevens (2024)
Zach Fairley (2025)
Kayde Pickett (2025)
Owen Simpson (2025)
Archer Grant (2025)
Kai Schwass (2025)
Lucas McCartney (2024)
Sam Harris (2026)
Aiden McCartney (2026)
Marcus Rocca (2027-2028)
Sasha Demetriou (2027-2028)
Suede Makepeace (2027-2028)

James Rock [2022-2027] TBC

Jack Petrie (2028)
Conor Rawlings (2029)
Hudson Harvey (2030)
Thomas Colbert (~2031)
Noah McMahon (2031)
Ryder Hansen (2031)
Lenny Firrito (2031)
Mason Sinclair (2032)
Lachlan Goldstein (2033)
Max Firrito (2034)
Xavier Cunnington (2034)
Sebastian Gibson (2034)
Jude Swallow (2035)
Cohen Thomas (2035)
Sonny Sinclair (2037)
Flynn Thompson (2037)
Carter Carey (2037)
Charlie Goldstein (2039)
Kobe Cunnington (2039)
Laker Hansen (2030+)
[Unknown name] Hansen (2030+)
[Unknown name] Colbert (2032+)

Ineligible
-------------------------------------
Tyler Welsh (2024) - Son of Scott
Tom Cochrane (2024) - Son of Stuart
Jagger Mooney (2025) - Son of Cameron
Ethan Abraham - Son of Winnie
Gary Abraham - Son of Winnie
[Unknown name] Abraham - Son of Winnie
Elijah Anderson (2030) - Son of Jed
Jasiah Anderson (2031) - Son of Jed
Archer Harvey (2025) - Son of Shane
Jett Harvey (2028) - Son of Shane
Slater Harvey (2031) - Son of Shane
Louis Thompson (2021) - Son of Nathan
Benjamin Thompson (2023) - Son of Nathan
Jude Dal Santo (2033)
Hendrix Daw (2037)
Isaiah Hall (2038)
Riley Polec (2038)

Last edited:
Once again, it's bullshit and media personal who continue to bring his old man into it are talking s**t. There are no issues betwen North or the Scott family.

He has made NO decision! His decision will be made at the end of the season.

Let’s all go boxing kangaroo on chernys head

Major difference a team that pushes back and is an afl cash cow wanted him
If Bailey chooses GC it won’t have anything to do with the AFL .

He has a choice to make ... stay up on the GC where he’s is comfortable & will most likely walk into the senior team or join the club he grew up barracking for with a good mate of his TT & together put in a big pre season , both force their way in & play for a team on the verge of finals . If he isn’t enjoying his footy in Melbourne I’m sure the club will facilitate a trade home .
I might be wrong but I believe there’s a very good chance he will be in the blue and white stripes next year .

If Bailey chooses GC it won’t have anything to do with the AFL .

He has a choice to make ... stay up on the GC where he’s is comfortable & will most likely walk into the senior team or join the club he grew up barracking for with a good mate of his TT & together put in a big pre season , both force their way in & play for a team on the verge of finals . If he isn’t enjoying his footy in Melbourne I’m sure the club will facilitate a trade home .
I might be wrong but I believe there’s a very good chance he will be in the blue and white stripes next year .

How anyone could want to play for the Gold Coast over North is beyond me.

How anyone could want to play for the Gold Coast over North is beyond me.
Can't agree with this enough. C'mon...the Suns...the place is a rabble. It's not a temporary thing either. It's every sporting team there always.
Does he wanna play beach cricket with his family or have a fairdinkum AFL career.
I could understand him choosing Geelong...but GC.....

They’re ruining on of the last romantic thing left in the game.
I wouldn't blink twice if Scott chose Geelong, but propping up franchises and failed-now-relocated clubs via father-son-academy eligibility is just plain wrong. It'll be the same with Creswell's and our NGA Tassie academy, I don't want Creswell's boys as it'll be another nail in the coffin for F/S.

I'd rather there be no father son if that meant that there was no academies. Have a completely open and free drafting process.

Imagine telling an American that the equivalent in the NBA would that Minnesota, New Orleans, Orlando and Phoenix could choose players from their home state before anyone else regardless of where they finished on the ladder purely because they are not "traditional" basketball states. Farcical rubbish.

Having said that I enjoy the father son side of things as it keeps some sort of community feel to a club. We have not had much success with it but it is great for supporters to see kids of formers players running around in the club jumper and creates a nice link to another period of the clubs history.

The worst thing for us was the change from 50 to 100 games to be eligible and the academies. I'd enjoy having Josh Kelly, the Braywhaws, Blakey and Scott running around with us.

BUT I'd live with none of them happily if Heeney, Mills, Blakey, Hopper, etc were not with the franchise clubs.

I'd rather there be no father son if that meant that there was no academies. Have a completely open and free drafting process.

Imagine telling an American that the equivalent in the NBA would that Minnesota, New Orleans, Orlando and Phoenix could choose players from their home state before anyone else regardless of where they finished on the ladder purely because they are not "traditional" basketball states. Farcical rubbish.

Having said that I enjoy the father son side of things as it keeps some sort of community feel to a club. We have not had much success with it but it is great for supporters to see kids of formers players running around in the club jumper and creates a nice link to another period of the clubs history.

The worst thing for us was the change from 50 to 100 games to be eligible and the academies. I'd enjoy having Josh Kelly, the Braywhaws, Blakey and Scott running around with us.

BUT I'd live with none of them happily if Heeney, Mills, Blakey, Hopper, etc were not with the franchise clubs.
Or Spargo, he would have helped with our small forward depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather there be no father son if that meant that there was no academies. Have a completely open and free drafting process
  • No father sons
  • No academy players
  • Draft order randomised
  • No compensation
  • No priority picks
  • Raised draft age
  • Smaller list size
  • Players can request trade if contracted
  • Clubs can trade players if contracted
These are all things it could be argued that level the playing field.

However, the AFL don't want a level playing field. If it's a level playing field they cannot manipulate it as much.

Additional things that would level the playing field.
  • An actual draw rather than a fixture.
  • An equal split of time slots regardless of crowd or TV numbers
  • No standing fixtures. At all.
  • Playing each other twice or a split into 2 random conferences culminating in a series between the winners of each
This all describes a sport. An actual sport. Not the sports entertainment we're currently seeing.

It would mean that some years teams like Collingwood and Essendon wouldn't play each other.

It also means there'd be more interest when they did.

The AFL don't want fair, they don't want sport, the want entertainment and ad revenue for broadcasters.

Brayshaw I think only play 30ish games for us.

If Scott chooses the Gold Coast it's because he wants to be living near his family, his friends and the comfort that is his home.

We gotta stop with this AFL conspiracy talk.

It's a bullshit excuse.

Also, the AFL can be corrupt in plain sight by giving Gold Coast priority picks and compensation picks according to their own secret formula. They don't need to worry about a kid who is not a top 10 pick anyway.

Nuh, Father-Son is a unique footy tradition and should always be a part of the game.

I like the academy system too, but the argument that Father-Son's would be lost to another code if it weren't for academies is total BS.

They should just make FS prospects either choose their fathers club, or take a risk on the draft. If a kid is that good, the academy will nurture him and then try to get him through the draft. They shouldn't be getting priority access to other teams FS selections just because their old man moved away from their home state.

The indigenous academies are in place so the talented kids have a developmental pathway created by the clubs. This saves the AFL the time, effort and dollars to do it themselves.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s an 18 yr old kid

How many on here would leave family/ Friends if they had the choice.

Tough decision

Agree. But not knowing how old you are SM when l was young everybody cept' the Greek & Italian kids moved outta home age 18 and away from family. Given it might not have been interstate but, you now could vote, drive, walk into a pub. Some jobs required you to move out and live in.
All part of growing up and becoming and adult.

As for the Greek & ltalian kids l figured out years later why they stayed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back