List Mgmt. Future Father Son prospects

Firestarter

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t blame Sydney at all (don’t get me wrong I hate the campaigners and I’m filthy at the Blakey’s for turning their backs on North). They wouldn’t be doing the right thing by their club if they didn’t recruit him. The rules are wrong, the sons of AFL players shouldn’t be available for an academy that’s sole purpose is to bring talent to the game that would otherwise be lost to rival codes.

If North had the same opportunity I’d be filthy if we didn’t pursue it.
Well we know they cheat when there are decent rules to follow anyway... I'm sticking with it. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shinboner magic

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Even though I’m filthy at Blakey for forgetting his roots and choosing to stay with his Mum & Dad, I hope the club stay in close contact with him. Things change and if Sydney doesn’t work out for Blakey I’d like North to be there as his first point of call.
Yes As the tackle bag

JeanLucGoddard

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have lived with them mate.

Really don't care what the overt PC ones think
Hmmm, I don't think you have to be "overtly PC' as an indigenous person to be pretty involved in country and identity.

Most Scottish people won't get shitty if you mistake their accent for Irish. But they are still Scottish.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Milf Smashers
Hmmm, I don't think you have to be "overtly PC' as an indigenous person to be pretty involved in country and identity.

Most Scottish people won't get shitty if you mistake their accent for Irish. But they are still Scottish.

Most indigenous folks I have encountered care little for anglo political conceptualizations about their identity.

In fact, I have found them predominately to be consistently anti PC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tazaa

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
Even though I’m filthy at Blakey for forgetting his roots and choosing to stay with his Mum & Dad, I hope the club stay in close contact with him. Things change and if Sydney doesn’t work out for Blakey I’d like North to be there as his first point of call.
Hes fully ingrained in Sydney. If things dont work out for him in Sydney he can try the NEAFL
I cant see him leaving NSW and theres no way Id pay overs for him

JeanLucGoddard

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Most indigenous folks I have encountered care little for anglo political conceptualizations about their identity.

In fact, I have found them predominately to be consistently anti PC.
Most I've encountered are very committed to their own identity agreed.

Hence Noongar people are Noongar, Koori are Koori and so on.

JeanLucGoddard

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In my experience they identify with their personal mob lines much more than these broad western constructs.
"Koori" and "Noongar" aren't western constructs. They are what indeigenous folks themselves call themselves, and agreed personal mob lines are most important.

But the reality is, going back to the original point, that Choppy Picjett's kids are Koori.

They're Noongar - the most successful of all the indigenous nations at footy.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Milf Smashers
"Koori" and "Noongar" aren't western constructs. They are what indeigenous folks themselves call themselves, and agreed personal mob lines are most important.

But the reality is, going back to the original point, that Choppy Picjett's kids are Koori.

They're Noongar - the most successful of all the indigenous nations at footy.
Really, all these broad ranging groups of people called themselves the same thing utilising their purported 700 languages?

JeanLucGoddard

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good for them.

Looking forward to Byrons Koori offspring playing for North.:thumbsu:
That's not going to happen. It is like saying Jack Ziebell will have Russian father/sons. Or that Majak will have Indian father/sons.

Not sure what's so difficult about this - Koories and Noongar are people seperated by thousands of kilomteres.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Milf Smashers
That's not going to happen. It is like saying Jack Ziebell will have Russian father/sons.
Koori, Koori, Koori, Koori, Koori, Koori,Koori, Koori, Koori,Koori, Koori, Koori,Koori, Koori, Koori,Koori, Koori, Koori,Koori, Koori, Koori.......

Not sure what's so dofficult about this - Kopories and Noongar and people seperated by thousands of kilomteres.
Leave the kopories out of this.:thumbsdown:

JeanLucGoddard

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Koori, Koori, Koori, Koori, Koori, Koori,Koori, Koori, Koori,Koori, Koori, Koori,Koori, Koori, Koori,Koori, Koori, Koori,Koori, Koori, Koori.......

Leave the kopories out of this.:thumbsdown:
I'm surprised you even say "Koorie", that's PC invention isn't it?

For someone who goes on about science, you seem to be happily engaging in being factually wrong, simply for an idelogical reason mate.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Milf Smashers
I'm surprised you even say "Koorie", that's PC invention isn't it?
It's a word I use with the natives, and they respond to it.

For someone who goes on about science, you seem to be happily engaging in being factually wrong, simply for an idelogical reason mate.
You should read more anthropology and less sociology.

Top Bottom