List Mgmt. Future Father Son prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance of of draft year lol
Tried to compile a list based on what ever information I could find. If anyone could fill in the rest of the gaps, feel free to assist.

Jackson Archer (2021) ✅
Darby Scott (2021) :crossmark:
Jai Makepeace (2021/22)? :crossmark:
Thomas Longmire (2021/22)? :crossmark:

Dylan Makepeace (2022) :crossmark:
Cooper Harvey (2022) ✅

Byron Pickett Jnr (2023)
Lucas Rocca (2023)
Billy Longmire (2023)

Ryder Makepeace (2024)
Will Crocker (2024)
River Stevens (2024)
Zach Fairley (2025)
Kayde Pickett (2025)
Owen Simpson (2025)
Archer Grant (2025)
Kai Schwass (2025)
Lucas McCartney (2024)
Sam Harris (2026)
Aiden McCartney (2026)
Marcus Rocca (2027-2028)
Sasha Demetriou (2027-2028)
Suede Makepeace (2027-2028)

James Rock [2022-2027] TBC

Jack Petrie (2028)
Conor Rawlings (2029)
Hudson Harvey (2030)
Thomas Colbert (~2031)
Noah McMahon (2031)
Ryder Hansen (2031)
Lenny Firrito (2031)
Mason Sinclair (2032)
Lachlan Goldstein (2033)
Max Firrito (2034)
Xavier Cunnington (2034)
Sebastian Gibson (2034)
Jude Swallow (2035)
Cohen Thomas (2035)
Sonny Sinclair (2037)
Flynn Thompson (2037)
Carter Carey (2037)
Charlie Goldstein (2039)
Kobe Cunnington (2039)
Laker Hansen (2030+)
[Unknown name] Hansen (2030+)
[Unknown name] Colbert (2032+)

Ineligible
-------------------------------------
Tyler Welsh (2024) - Son of Scott
Tom Cochrane (2024) - Son of Stuart
Jagger Mooney (2025) - Son of Cameron
Ethan Abraham - Son of Winnie
Gary Abraham - Son of Winnie
[Unknown name] Abraham - Son of Winnie
Elijah Anderson (2030) - Son of Jed
Jasiah Anderson (2031) - Son of Jed
Archer Harvey (2025) - Son of Shane
Jett Harvey (2028) - Son of Shane
Slater Harvey (2031) - Son of Shane
Louis Thompson (2021) - Son of Nathan
Benjamin Thompson (2023) - Son of Nathan
Jude Dal Santo (2033)
Hendrix Daw (2037)
Isaiah Hall (2038)
Riley Polec (2038)

Last edited:
I think it's unrelated.
maybe, but every time the premiership guys are meant to get together there's always a massive piano hanging over their heads, tied to the ceiling with nothing but a bra strap left behind in Archers toilet.

I think experiencing GF success as a coach would tie you to that club as much as playing.

Not sure about guys in the media. Yeah King has a go at us but who else? Apart from Duck who else is there? Belly a little bit. I don't count Nicky Dal. Boomer now, I think he's pretty balanced. I'm sure other people whack their own club. Haven't Carro and KB both got stuck into Richmond over the years? I'm sure there would be others, I think we just remember the negative stuff against us, and the fan boy stuff from others. Its a bit like the umpiring, every set of supporters think the umps cheat against them...which of course is impossible.

And then there is of course the fact we haven't finished the H&A near the top 4 for a long time. We've kind of deserved a bit of criticism along the way.

maybe, but every time the premiership guys are meant to get together there's always a massive piano hanging over their heads, tied to the ceiling with nothing but a bra strap left behind in Archers toilet.

I think experiencing GF success as a coach would tie you to that club as much as playing.

Not sure about guys in the media. Yeah King has a go at us but who else? Apart from Duck who else is there? Belly a little bit. I don't count Nicky Dal. Boomer now, I think he's pretty balanced. I'm sure other people whack their own club. Haven't Carro and KB both got stuck into Richmond over the years? I'm sure there would be others, I think we just remember the negative stuff against us, and the fan boy stuff from others. Its a bit like the umpiring, every set of supporters think the umps cheat against them...which of course is impossible.

And then there is of course the fact we haven't finished the H&A near the top 4 for a long time. We've kind of deserved a bit of criticism along the way.

I wasn't specifically referring to North players in the media, the reference was to dogs and dees players in the media.

David King's views are well documented.

Why don't you count Nicky Dal? Plenty of players have become spruikers for clubs they've spent short periods at. We gave him the chance to see his career out with 3 more finals series. I rate his special comments but there's no love for North on show.

Carey's "I'll go as a neutral" before the North-ess final was priceless. Would Luke Darcy say that before a dogs final? Or Ling before a cats prelim?

Caro and KB have never shown a leaning towards barracking against their own club. KB's comments have only ever come out of frustration and I must've missed Caro getting 'stuck into' Richmond?

Nick Blakey should be the poster-child for how little emotion we stir in our ex-players. When a player participates in 2 premierships and 224 games at a club, it'd usually be a foregone conclusion who their kids supported.

SOS spent 15 years away from Carlton actively working for competitors. Yet there was never even a hint his kids would ever go elsewhere as tazaa mentioned.

It seems natural to me that parents would prefer if possible to have their son living at home for the start of their AFL career, rather than heading interstate without family support

I think it's unrelated.

I think there is an element of it.

The Carey/Stevens thing fractured the group.

Listening to some of interviews with players from that group and they say things like, 'the reunions were something I thought about when playing, now can be a chore'. Or 'I hated that there was this perception of a need to take sides' . Time may have healed some of it but that tribal type of loyalty seems to have been a victim of the circumstance.

TBH I want all old North players to support us the way McKernan does. Heart on their sleeve passionate North men is what they should all be, but aren't.

I'm not saying it is the sole factor here but an element thereof.

Or I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Really what would I know.

I wasn't specifically referring to North players in the media, the reference was to dogs and dees players in the media.

David King's views are well documented.

Why don't you count Nicky Dal? Plenty of players have become spruikers for clubs they've spent short periods at. We gave him the chance to see his career out with 3 more finals series. I rate his special comments but there's no love for North on show.

Carey's "I'll go as a neutral" before the North-ess final was priceless. Would Luke Darcy say that before a dogs final? Or Ling before a cats prelim?

Caro and KB have never shown a leaning towards barracking against their own club. KB's comments have only ever come out of frustration and I must've missed Caro getting 'stuck into' Richmond?

Nick Blakey should be the poster-child for how little emotion we stir in our ex-players. When a player participates in 2 premierships and 224 games at a club, it'd usually be a foregone conclusion who their kids supported.

SOS spent 15 years away from Carlton actively working for competitors. Yet there was never even a hint his kids would ever go elsewhere as tazaa mentioned.
You need to go and watch the LMac draft day vid to make you feel better

I think there is an element of it.

The Carey/Stevens thing fractured the group.

Listening to some of interviews with players from that group and they say things like, 'the reunions were something I thought about when playing, now can be a chore'. Or 'I hated that there was this perception of a need to take sides' . Time may have healed some of it but that tribal type of loyalty seems to have been a victim of the circumstance.

TBH I want all old North players to support us the way McKernan does. Heart on their sleeve passionate North men is what they should all be, but aren't.

I'm not saying it is the sole factor here but an element thereof.

Or I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Really what would I know.

Maybe/maybe not.

We had North Melbourne people like Kekovich and Aylett prepared to pack us to the Gold Coast. I think there's more to it than Wayne's indiscretion.

Maybe/maybe not.

We had North Melbourne people like Kekovich and Aylett prepared to pack us to the Gold Coast. I think there's more to it than Wayne's indiscretion.

Agree that's why I said 'element of'.

There are likely many factors, the group fractured. The club nearly died.

There's been a bunch of stuff that probably pushed former players away.

I suppose a question that should be asked is do we do enough to bring them all back to the fold? If not why not.

We should already be campaigning for those sons of guns who would potentially be able to be taken by other clubs.

Remembering Carey was steak knives to Longmire who kicked 98 goals as a 19 and he has 2 boys that could wind up in exactly the same situation as Nick Blakey.

Fool us once shame on them, lose out to 2 boys with the potential sort of talent Longmire had, this occurs then we're idiots.

Rocca and Pickett both in a similar bucket as well.

I said it last month and Ill say it all year, Gavin Brown would never let his boys play for anyone but Collingwood. Worked for us since 2013.
Steven Silvagni. Moved back to Melbourne at the first instance so his boy would not end up at GWS. Even after Carlton treated him like s**t.

As you know tazaa I've known both blokes very well most of my life and you're 100% correct on both counts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree that's why I said 'element of'.

There are likely many factors, the group fractured. The club nearly died.

There's been a bunch of stuff that probably pushed former players away.

I suppose a question that should be asked is do we do enough to bring them all back to the fold? If not why not.

We should already be campaigning for those sons of guns who would potentially be able to be taken by other clubs.

Remembering Carey was steak knives to Longmire who kicked 98 goals as a 19 and he has 2 boys that could wind up in exactly the same situation as Nick Blakey.

Fool us once shame on them, lose out to 2 boys with the potential sort of talent Longmire had, this occurs then we're idiots.

Rocca and Pickett both in a similar bucket as well.
Rocca and Pickett played for other clubs. You hold different expectations for players under the same scenario.

You’re also making the assumption that Blakey doesn’t want to play for us. It’s not in ours, or his, interest to nominate us yet.

Rocca and Pickett played for other clubs. You hold different expectations for players under the same scenario.

You’re also making the assumption that Blakey doesn’t want to play for us. It’s not in ours, or his, interest to nominate us yet.

Maybe you do but they'd be at higher risk therefore worthy of more work.
I am making that assumption and I have done for years.

I won't believe he's nominating us until he's officially on our list.

Maybe you do but they'd be at higher risk therefore worthy of more work.
I am making that assumption and I have done for years.

I won't believe he's nominating us until he's officially on our list.
Sorry, was meant to quote King Corey !!

You’re still scared from Phillyroos It’s Happening jingle??!!

This is true. However if Nick was to nominate us, that decision would come as a complete surprise. It is not a fait acompli, like it damn well should be (see Brown, Silvagni jr). Fair enough for posters to be asking what the hell went wrong.

This is true. However if Nick was to nominate us, that decision would come as a complete surprise. It is not a fait acompli, like it damn well should be (see Brown, Silvagni jr). Fair enough for posters to be asking what the hell went wrong.
Could Brown and Silvagni nominate another club?

To be fair Brown was a one club captain and Silvagni was a one club father son himself whilst Blakey played 100+ games for multiple clubs.

Could Brown and Silvagni nominate another club?

No, but the fact they weren't taken until picks 35 and 53 respectively meant there were plenty of clubs capable of nominating them well before their dads' clubs planned on taking them as F/S's. Browny was shocked when we named Callum, particularly as he worked with us and nobody had given any indication of our likely interest prior.

No, but the fact they weren't taken until picks 35 and 53 respectively meant there were plenty of clubs capable of nominating them well before their dads' clubs planned on taking them as F/S's. Browny was shocked when we named Callum, particularly as he worked with us and nobody had given any indication of our likely interest prior.

Classic NMFC.

Another Scott boy. Very nice.

060716_Scott.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back