Future Forward Line?

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hate the off season

By the way, i reckon its hard to say "Curran, Tarrant, Curran, Tarrant, Curran, Tarrant....." really fast.

One must play back and one forward. Mailman has spoken.

........made you do it, didn't I?....ha ha

By the way, i reckon its hard to say "Curran, Tarrant, Curran, Tarrant, Curran, Tarrant....." really fast.

Yes, twice:eek:

There is a bit of similarity between the two of them. Both were considered as pack splitting old fashioned KPPs, with some question marks over their pace. Hopefully Tom will make a better fist of it than Robbie, injuries are no longer an excuse for Tarrant. He is proving a very slow developer with the club showing plenty of patience so far.

HF: Harper Pedersen Edwards
F: Thomas Curran Black

Hard one to call. People forget how young Pedersen is and he's not going to lie down and let someone else take his spot. For all we know we could have 3 new contenders by "the future." These are the players I can't see leaving. If it's further in the future, replace Edwards with Warren if he's still around or whichever medium forward we recruit next if Warren gets delisted, because I doubt it'll be McKinley.

HF Spieght Pederson Harper
F Black Fairley Wright

Speight for Boomer
Fairley for the Dish or maybe Curren if he ever gets on the track.
Yeah, he's missed 100% of training days since he's been at the club. Get rid of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The File is a strange one. Everyone seems to think that he is just a stop gap. And he may well be.

However i can't understand why people do not think that he has any improvement left.

Who's to say that he can't kick 50 goals in a season from CHF.

Remebering that he hasn't had the benfit of a professional athletes lifestyle to this point.

One thing he is is a bloody good kick for goal.

I certainly see him as more than just "stop gap" mate. One thing you can't coach is competitiveness, and Pedo has that in spades. He's also, as you stated, a bloody good kick for goal, and a very good mark.

I wouldn't underestimate him, and his importance to our side, for a second.

I'm on the Pedo bandwagon as a CHF/third tall and utility. Strong in the air, runs all day, strong as an ox and very solid skill set. At least he should be given a role in which he can rotate through the forward line. He is not an easy match up. I also like him better up forward than down back. He seems more natural as a target or with ball in hand than as a defender.

I know lists always look good this time of year before you've played a game, but our depth now does look amazing. Even in talls, which is our relative weakness, there are still Pederson, Black, possibly one or both of Tarrant/Hansen given the plentiful options down back, and now Curran. Drew has at least another 3 good years in him you would think. And Edwards plays tall, and can fill the spot until someone is ready to grab it away from him.

Kennedy could yet be an option as well, but it's always hard to have any expectations on a kid who had a reco before playing a single game in the seniors.

I know lists always look good this time of year before you've played a game, but our depth now does look amazing. Even in talls, which is our relative weakness, there are still Pederson, Black, possibly one or both of Tarrant/Hansen given the plentiful options down back, and now Curran. Drew has at least another 3 good years in him you would think. And Edwards plays tall, and can fill the spot until someone is ready to grab it away from him.

Kennedy could yet be an option as well, but it's always hard to have any expectations on a kid who had a reco before playing a single game in the seniors.

Don't forget Majak, he could well be a permanent forward if he ends up being too short for a sole rucking role

Remove this Banner Ad

Back