Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we get hogan is his nickname gonna be Hollywood or hulk?

my mate says we gotta get shane savage and reform the mega powers.

my mate says we gotta get shane savage and reform the mega powers.

Even if neither never played a game, I'd buy this shirt.

I'd want us to have a speicifc reason we thought Hogan could work out for us when he's not done so at Freo, and not just a blind belief that our culture will win out.

I will also say that on the outside the guy seems like a bad character, but in reality it's rarely about people being good or bad types. He has had a hell of a lot to deal with in the past, and was already struggling before having to deal with 2020, which had cut down many who were coming from a stronger foundation than he was. Although he's running out of excuses, it doesn't mean he's a lost cause.
I reckon his dads health issues were challenging when at Melbourne, but he wasn't that much of a trouble maker there.
I believe the worst thing he did was go bac to WA, sometimes what you think is good for you, is actually the worst thing for you, and his 'old' mates may have been a terrible influence on his return home...

Just as an aside to Hogan that has sweet * all to actually do with him.

I met his older brother at the London after an ANZAC Eve game a few years ago. Ended up getting stuck into the beers big time and wound up at the rippers in South Melbourne with him.

Top bloke, I'm not against heading to the South Melbourne rippers more often next year.

C4 says Jack H to saints.....Makes sense given Dan is there, if it goes ahead?... just want good compensation for him though....

God what a weekend! but enough of flags and that sh*t, lets talk the real stuff and revel in trades lel.

Pickett is going to stay and that is huge, I was convinced he was gone due to family but to sacrifice the paycheck and the lure of playing close to his family and staying with the tigers just proves what a great club we are and what a awesome person he is.

A lot of Hogan noise. Left my phone in the car yesterday so i could recover and this morning turned it on and so much noise. My mate comes back to melbourne tomorrow and I will meet up with him and get what he knows so ill share that when I do.

I believe like I said in my last post we will now focus on the draft. I knew GCS had not cooled on Broad and i still think that may happen but in saying that, with the love the players have for the club and Hardwick it would not surprise me now if he stayed, ditto Markov.

Higgins is being shopped, that I got confirmed Friday as there is real interest in him and as a forward he is behind a few and as a midfielder, again he is behind a few. We wont give him a way for chips though and a high second rounder or player trade would the only reason to let him go. He is open to being traded.

Also I mentioned way back about a midfielder of quality like Oliver, crouch etc. I also mentioned about the pies issues with Treloar and now that's broken and its a mess, a glorious mess. Dont hold your breath but I would not be surprised if we pull a rabbit from our hat re a midfielder. As soon as i get more info on that I will share but just how funny would it be if we got Adam and the pies were paying for him to play for us ? hahaha, one can dream :)
Just have to post this here because if we post the *OTHER* GIF it wont happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd want us to have a speicifc reason we thought Hogan could work out for us when he's not done so at Freo, and not just a blind belief that our culture will win out.

I will also say that on the outside the guy seems like a bad character, but in reality it's rarely about people being good or bad types. He has had a hell of a lot to deal with in the past, and was already struggling before having to deal with 2020, which had cut down many who were coming from a stronger foundation than he was. Although he's running out of excuses, it doesn't mean he's a lost cause.
He hasn’t actually done anything bad has he? I think it’s just mental/alcohol/drug issues. Pickett has done worse than Hogan and worked out fine. It’s just down to whether or not we think he can fix his mental health problems

He hasn’t actually done anything bad has he? I think it’s just mental/alcohol/drug issues. Pickett has done worse than Hogan and worked out fine. It’s just down to whether or not we think he can fix his mental health problems
There have been a lot of photos of Hogan having a dart which would be fine back in the 60's but a bit of a no no as a professional athlete

That’s true but the club has to be honest with players. If they fall out of favour or drop back a little in the pecking order then be up front about it. Careers can be over in the blink of an eye.

A tap on the shoulder in a way is the best thing for Jack or any player gives them the opportunity to seek other opportunities and get somewhere that’s a better fit
I just don’t get though that at 21 I feel he gives us more than aarts- my opinion only

There have been a lot of photos of Hogan having a dart which would be fine back in the 60's but a bit of a no no as a professional athlete

Reckon there'd be a few on AFL lists who'd get stuck into the lungbusters during the off-season beers

* that would just cement our status as the bad ass bois of the league.

Knees to the throat, darts and Serena Williams.

The holy trinity

does he even want to play? Seems like he does his best to not pull the boots on. Happy to take the coin though.

Just checked and Saints aren't banned from trading their first round pick this year.

So I'd be angling towards that in any deal involving Higgins, even if it means we're throwing in a second round pick, either the Saints pick that was traded to us last year or a Suns 2nd round pick for Markov/Broad.

If we can secure another first round pick and keep our own pick that would give us a shot at say Nicholas Cox & Zac Reid in the draft which would then give us KPP depth to develop for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back